Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What does Christmas mean to you?

What does Christmas mean to you?

Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

Dried Graze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What does Christmas mean to you?

Christmas is many things to many people and so I was wondering if you'd share what you think Christmas means to you?

1. Just another holiday - Nothing special other than a chance for a well-earned break and a reminder that the Jan Sales will soon start

2. Religous festival - Celebration of the birth of Christ and a time for families, friends, peace, love and goodwill to all men

3. An excuse to party - With enough time to recover before returning to work

...or does it mean something else to you? I haven't mentioned that it's a chance to watch some classic TV (with an ample selection of the truly dire).

Last edited by Dried Graze; Dec 16th 2005 at 6:43 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What does Christmas mean to you?

Originally Posted by Dried Graze
Christmas is many things to many people and so I was wondering if you'd share what you think Christmas means to you?

1. Just another holiday - Nothing special other than a chance for a well-earned break and a reminder that the Jan Sales will soon start

2. Religous festival - Celebration of the birth of Christ and a time for families, friends, peace, love and goodwill to all men

...or does it mean something else to you? I haven't mentioned that it's a chance to watch some classic TV (with an ample selection of the truly dire).
To me it means spending time with my hubby and children without having to think about work for a few days. Life's pretty hectic when you're working six days a week. I also enjoy watching the kids faces when they open their presents.

Wendy
Old Dec 16th 2005, 8:10 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

yep, pretty much what wendy said....a chance to spend some quality time with family, time with kids and other half.....time to catch up with long lost relis.

i also take the time to talk to the kids about children around the world who are much worse off than us, and ensure they understand just how lucky they are.

and its a time to eat too many mince pies and drink too much baileys
Old Dec 16th 2005, 11:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
i also take the time to talk to the kids about children around the world who are much worse off than us, and ensure they understand just how lucky they are.
That is admirable and very worthy......Lots of love and stuff in your direction...

Old Dec 16th 2005, 11:57 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas means alot less money in my wallet
Old Dec 17th 2005, 12:10 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Too bloody right mate!!
Are you guys going to S&P's party today, or are you off to the WACA??
Old Dec 17th 2005, 12:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Amen to that too
Old Dec 17th 2005, 12:53 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dried Graze

Special time when we, me, hubby and kids spend time together. Time to reflect and think ahead.

Cheers

Ginny