Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are we lucky to be alive........?!

Are we lucky to be alive........?!

Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:16 pm
maggy

Default Re: Are we lucky to be alive........?!

Originally Posted by sel
I used to LURVE that on a sat morning - I'm huming the theme tune now.

Also do you all remember the roller disco & ra ra / puff ball skirts, used to think we were all really cool I look back at photos and cringe, did we really wear those things happy days

Had to add this in quick, you can listen to the song

http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/chi...s/champion.htm

Sel x

My god I remember my puff ball skirt it was so tight on the inside as it was fitted and puffy as hell on the out side. Did we look cool or what lol.

Rara skirts I adored hahahaha had a cupboard full of them all different colurs.

What about gypsy skirts and granny boots hahahahahahahahahaha.

Socks with pics of the Bay city rollers or osmonds on the side.

multi coloured swap shop and tiswas, all the guys loved sally james.

I remember going to the shop for my friends gran to buy her 10 soverign cigs every morn and I was only 7 years old. They cost 20 and a half pence.

auf wiedersen pet when Jimmy Nail look young lol.

Ena sharples with her milk stout.

My mum making us watch Petroceli on the telly. Remember the lawyer who never lost a case and bouquet of barbed wire.

Being terrified to go to bed at night in case Doctor Whos Dalicks came to get me and believing in the bogey man hahahahahahaha.

This is a fantastic thread

Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:18 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
All the shops being shut on Sunday.
Pubs being shut from 3pm until the evening
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:19 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

Ah but what about...

Sledging not just with something your Father had knocked up in the shed but with British Gas Board barriers

On a windy day in the play ground Kids paragliding with Parka jackets

Tomato sauce sarnies

Crisp sarnies

Making den's in the woods / bushes
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:21 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by maggy
My god I remember my puff ball skirt it was so tight on the inside as it was fitted and puffy as hell on the out side. Did we look cool or what lol.

I remember going to the shop for my friends gran to buy her 10 soverign cigs every morn and I was only 7 years old. They cost 20 and a half pence.

My mum making us watch Petroceli on the telly. Remember the lawyer who never lost a case and bouquet of barbed wire.

Being terrified to go to bed at night in case Doctor Whos Dalicks came to get me and believing in the bogey man hahahahahahaha.

One more for the ladies lol

Who remembers playing Charlies Angels hahaha.

I always wanted to be Kelly Garret as she was the pretty one.

What about drooling over luke in the Dukes of Hazzard and wishing you looked like Daisy.

Oh I could go on and on

Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:26 pm
Cheeky

We didnt have central heating or double glazing either!! The windows used to have ice on em in the morning....on the inside!!! We used to have layers and layers of blankets, no such thing as 'duvets' LOL.

The fire my mum had in the kitchen required parafin, we used to buy it from the hardware shop up the road.

Only had 1 bath a week!! Stand up washes the rest of the time!! We were always clean.......or so we thought!!

Cheeky

Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:26 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by Beegee
Ah but what about...

Sledging not just with something your Father had knocked up in the shed but with British Gas Board barriers

On a windy day in the play ground Kids paragliding with Parka jackets

Tomato sauce sarnies

Crisp sarnies

Making den's in the woods / bushes

chopper bikes and oxford bags trousers lol

Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:27 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Also remember Pipkins and The Herb Garden when I was little

My mom used to love Tenko

Sel x
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:30 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by sel
Also remember Pipkins and The Herb Garden when I was little

My mom used to love Tenko

Sel x
Tenko was fab remember the lady who used to get cigs for favours from the japs. What was her name well known actress also played lead role in the programme connie.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Stephanie Beecham

Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:40 pm
maggy

my mum slapping my backside with her slipper cos I gave the rag and bone man my clothes for a balloon and a lolly pop lol.

What about the fruit and veg man that came cround the streets with his shire horse or was that only in Scotland.

Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:46 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Tenko was fab remember the lady who used to get cigs for favours from the japs. What was her name well known actress also played lead role in the programme connie.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Stephanie Beecham
Yes she used to play the role of Rose Millar and its the same character as what she plays in bad girls.

Yes we used to have a Rag & Bone man

Sel x
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:46 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Thank God! Someone my own age!

Remember Alias Smith and Jones? Ben Murphy and Pete Duel.

The Waltons. Not being allowed to watch Corrie. (Still don't)

Z-cars

and Michael Jackson was black ...
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:50 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beegee
Ah but what about...

My dad is a plumber. He used to spend all morning in the garage at the first sign of snow soldering a sledge together from an old door and some copper pipe. If we were lucky and the snow hadn't melted before he finished, when we finally got it on to the snow it would sink into the snow within 3 feet, the runners would catch on the grass underneath and send us ar5e over tit down the hill with a half a ton of copper and wood barreling after us. It was like something from the Roadrunner with one of Wile E Coyote's contraptions. One year we turned it upside down and it worked much better but my dad was a bit miffed.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:52 pm
A former regular of BE

[QUOTE=maggy]What about the fruit and veg man that came cround/QUOTE]

There used to be not just a milk man but a daily bread van and a weekly pop lorry (Corona) where you got a few pence back for returning the empties
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:56 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Thank God! Someone my own age!

Remember Alias Smith and Jones? Ben Murphy and Pete Duel.

The Waltons. Not being allowed to watch Corrie. (Still don't)

Z-cars

and Michael Jackson was black ...

LMAO Michael Jackson was Black and good looking used to have Thriller Album where he was in white suit think with Tiger lol.

Z Cars now I remember that well hahahahaha.

Its amazing looking back and thinking how times have changed and yet you dont feel any older, at least I didn't until this thread and its great to know that someone else remembers the rag and bone man.

Mark comes from Dundee and Im Kirkcaldy and he thinks I have made the rag and bone man up lol

Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:03 pm
Cheeky

Hi Maggy,

We had a rag and bone man.....came Sat morns down our road. He used to shout it was really difficult to make out what he said but I think it was 'any ooolllllllllldd BONE!!!!'

I remember z cars too! And I loved charlies angels, starsky and hutch, Bionicle man ( and Bionicle woman, she had super hearing didnt she?! ) Darlics, eeekk, I was really :scared: of them!! Dr Who, ok who remebers John Pertwee, hope I got that right!! Sorry if I didnt!!

Cheeky

LMAO Michael Jackson was Black and good looking used to have Thriller Album where he was in white suit think with Tiger lol.

Z Cars now I remember that well hahahahaha.

Its amazing looking back and thinking how times have changed and yet you dont feel any older, at least I didn't until this thread and its great to know that someone else remembers the rag and bone man.

Mark comes from Dundee and Im Kirkcaldy and he thinks I have made the rag and bone man up lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.