Washing Powder

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:40 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Washing Powder

Originally Posted by aus2be
Well I have bought Aeriel that I used in the UK and my clothes have come out smelling just like home which is lovely...... and the clothes come out clean hahaha
Ah - I long for that
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:44 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Ah - I long for that
Bet you only wash yer knickers once a month. Whether they need it or not....
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:45 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Bet you only wash yer knickers once a month. Whether they need it or not....
and everyones minds shift to SC's knickers
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulry
She likes that though. She often sends me some....
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:55 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

She likes that though. She often sends me some....
...and you haven't returned the promise
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by paulry
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:06 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

He did but they got snarled up over the sorting machine
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Do you want some of my pants?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

There is a decent fabric softner (the only one!). You can get it from Big W - it's called Super Soft - a white bottle (3 litre) with the rabbit on the front, blue lid. It's the only one that works for me.

So UK washing powders work here then? (yes stupid question, but I mean with the water here) - you get the same results as back home?
Not as well but yeah, not too bad. Thanks for the heads up. Heading back into BigW will be a biggie for me but will give it a go for fabric softner!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Not as well but yeah, not too bad. Thanks for the heads up. Heading back into BigW will be a biggie for me but will give it a go for fabric softner!
Hey Kingseat

I am going tomorrow to lakeside I will go for ya and get you the softner hahaha then thats an excuse to meet up and means you dont have to go back to big W LOL

Nadine
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:08 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Washing Powder

Most Australian washing powders are made by the same multinationals which make the UK's washing powders, so I struggle to see how there could be any substantial difference between them.

Take Unilever, for example. Their products include Surf (washing powder, available in UK and Australia), Dove (product range available in UK & Australia), Omo (washing powder, only available in Australia), Persil (washing powder available in UK & NZ), Cif (aka "Jif"; all purpose cleaner, available in UK and Australia), Lipton (tea, available in UK and Australia), to name just a few. So it would be very strange if a product made by the same company performed completely differently in two different countries.

Is Dove soap softer in the UK than in Australia? Does Lipton taste better in Australia than in the UK? Does Jif clean better in the UK than in Australia? Does Surf produce brighter whites in Australia than in the UK? That would be very strange indeed.

I have found that UK water tends to suffer more from limescale; never had that problem back home in WA. This might make a small difference to the end result of a washing cycle, though I'm not sure how.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Oct 2nd 2009 at 1:12 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:24 pm

Do you want some of my pants?
You know I do sweetie
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 2:05 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I can't say I have had an issue. I use OMO front loader and Cuddly the blue one, which incidentally smells just as I remember the blue Lenor smelling. My clothes are soft and smell nice. The only thing I get from the UK is my Dylon stain remover which I can't get here and find no stain remover works like it.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

I have no issues with the washing powder here either. I use Omo Small and Mighty liquid and Woolies own brand softener, and the clothes/bedding/towels come out clean and smell nice (and the smell lasts on the clothes).
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

I have never tried the omo so I may have to give that a try.... The Uk washing powder in the British shop cost so much money.... There is chemist online from the UK that send to Aus which is great for things but they dont have washing powder... Will def try the Omo thanks guys

nadine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.