VPN for BBC iplayer

Old Aug 6th 2017, 9:44 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VPN for BBC iplayer

Originally Posted by Aussielover
; he said that NordVPN are currently having a 'problem' with iPlayer, to be solved in the next day or so.
That's usually code for "they have all our IP addresses and they have put us into the banned list".
Old Aug 6th 2017, 9:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussielover
Thank you for your suggestions Quiltman/JohnWoo.

NordVPN seems to have 117 UK connections, so I've chosen 'No 29' at random; iplocation.net shows that my location is Gosport UK, so this appears to be working OK at least. I've cleared my cache, history etc. (I think...), but still the problem remains - iPlayer knows I'm in Oz somehow!

I'll fiddle some more with my settings, change the time-zone etc. and see if I can get this to work somehow.
I'm really struggling to stream BBC iplayer - as are many others. I'm only using the download option at present

ExpressVPN DNS - what I use to get US Netflix - only works for US sites. I've tried various other DNS services but currently having no success. I think the BBC have been taking steps to stop international access
Old Aug 6th 2017, 11:03 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm really struggling to stream BBC iplayer - as are many others. I'm only using the download option at present

ExpressVPN DNS - what I use to get US Netflix - only works for US sites. I've tried various other DNS services but currently having no success. I think the BBC have been taking steps to stop international access
SmartyDNS working OK for me at the moment.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

shimself is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add same for me last 2 days - smartdnsproxy. they say they already know. Just why can't the bbc get their act together on licensing and allow us to subscribe legally? The EU are doing something about this, oh but then of course...
Old Aug 6th 2017, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shimself
Just to add same for me last 2 days - smartdnsproxy. they say they already know. Just why can't the bbc get their act together on licensing and allow us to subscribe legally? The EU are doing something about this, oh but then of course...
Because they sell their shows to global networks. For example, they sell (or sold) Top Gear to Channel 9 in Australia. If the BBC wasn't seen to be doing something about preventing it being watched in Australia via other means, no one would buy it, and the Beep would not make the money selling it.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case some people don't know, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 have their own versions of BBC iPlayer. You will have to register, as you will soon have to with BBC iPlayer.
If you are having trouble with iPlayer try one of the other Channels. Some good TV there to be had. Maybe they might work for you.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 11:53 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
SmartyDNS working OK for me at the moment.
That's interesting. A friend of mine is using Smarty and is also struggling

From a technical point of view, BBC iplayer is pathetic compared to Netflix (which I have never known to buffer)

iplayer download works well though
Old Aug 6th 2017, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

That's interesting. A friend of mine is using Smarty and is also struggling

From a technical point of view, BBC iplayer is pathetic compared to Netflix (which I have never known to buffer)

iplayer download works well though
I cancelled Netflix, there was nothing on there I wanted to watch.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 12:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by johnwoo
I cancelled Netflix, there was nothing on there I wanted to watch.
Ozark is brilliant!

Love Netflix - especially the US version. I want to support them as they have been the main disrupter that has broken the cosy complacency of commercial TV

Each to their own
Old Aug 7th 2017, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Ozark is brilliant!

Love Netflix - especially the US version. I want to support them as they have been the main disrupter that has broken the cosy complacency of commercial TV

Each to their own
Of Course, my grand kids drove me mad watching all kinds of stuff. Violence and continual F...ing is not my kind of thing. As you say to each their own.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
That's usually code for "they have all our IP addresses and they have put us into the banned list".
Happening to many VPNs not just for iplayer but for others such as US tv websites that let you watch on catchup. Lifetime is one but using Hoxx set to USA it's currently working for me here. ABC is another.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 3:48 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Ozark is brilliant!
I've just finished watching that - great stuff!
Old Aug 7th 2017, 11:09 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by renth
I've just finished watching that - great stuff!
Never piss off a hillbilly!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 12:38 am
(It's not my real name)

Never piss off a hillbilly!
Now THAT was a leap out of my chair moment. Scared the hell out of the cat too.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 1:25 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

All streaming sites and services working fine for me. Overplay for the DNS functions fine for all UK streaming services and most American ones. Private Internet Access VPN works perfectly for the outliers like Netflix. Been with both services for years. Also have things like HBO, AMC, FX, PBS, Showtime and Starz running on the Apple TV off a straight Overplay DNS. Newsgroups and Plex for everything else ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.