Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Mar 21st 2017, 4:27 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Only just seen this, can you give me a link showing anyone apologising, whether basic or grovelling? I'm unaware of any apologies coming out of the WH, I'm not even sure Trump knows how to apologise.
A senior official briefed that "Spicer and national security adviser H.R. McMaster offered what amounted to an apology to the British government for Spicer's comments". And then later in the day Spicer said he had not apologised.

So the way I read it, Spicer and co tried to plaster over their gaff in private, but in a 'diplomatic' way that they didn't mean. Someone reported that, and Spicer wound it back because he's master wouldn't like to think the WH apologised (eg admitted they were wrong). Trump is still trying to push the 'wiretapping' line, even when it's been firmly stamped on as total bull.

Mind, I'd damn well hope that GCHQ have been tapping Trump's communications - seems like he should be way up the list of numpties you want to know what they are doing because they are a danger to peace and security.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 5:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
A senior official briefed that "Spicer and national security adviser H.R. McMaster offered what amounted to an apology to the British government for Spicer's comments". And then later in the day Spicer said he had not apologised.

So the way I read it, Spicer and co tried to plaster over their gaff in private, but in a 'diplomatic' way that they didn't mean. Someone reported that, and Spicer wound it back because he's master wouldn't like to think the WH apologised (eg admitted they were wrong). Trump is still trying to push the 'wiretapping' line, even when it's been firmly stamped on as total bull.

Mind, I'd damn well hope that GCHQ have been tapping Trump's communications - seems like he should be way up the list of numpties you want to know what they are doing because they are a danger to peace and security.
That's how I've read it; a blame game but no apology, least of all grovelling. Just wondered if I'd missed it. So much fake news out there, it's hard to find facts, alternative or otherwise.

And in other news Trump tweets lies about the House Intelligence Hearing, that they'd confirmed the Russians did not influence the election whilst the hearing was still happening, enabling Comey to, in effect, call him on that lie (because they'd said no such thing) during his statement. When will Trump's supporters wake up to the fact that whilst he may have good intentions (debatable), he's just not mentally capable of doing the job?
Old Mar 21st 2017, 5:37 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

That's how I've read it; a blame game but no apology, least of all grovelling. Just wondered if I'd missed it. So much fake news out there, it's hard to find facts, alternative or otherwise.
Actually I kind of think it would have been grovelling, at least in that diplomatic fashion. "We are devastated that you would have gained the impression we had anything other than the highest regard for your security services and their role in the Five Eyes agreement" (eg we didn't expect it to blow up the way it did and you to notice).

See, thing is, the trump cronies are all liars. Kinda have to be in that situation, and I could quite see Spicer etc. lying their heads off to play contrite, whilst not meaning a word of it. As long as it's kept private, it doesn't count.

And in other news Trump tweets lies about the House Intelligence Hearing, that they'd confirmed the Russians did not influence the election whilst the hearing was still happening, enabling Comey to, in effect, call him on that lie (because they'd said no such thing) during his statement. When will Trump's supporters wake up to the fact that whilst he may have good intentions (debatable), he's just not mentally capable of doing the job?
Oh I don't think its debatable at all. Trump is only ever in it for himself, same as anything he's ever done. Thing is, I don't think he can separate truth and lie anymore. He's been doing it so long that they have merged, such that he thinks his words define the truth (second hand car salesman disease). Thus telling porkies on twitter whilst it's still going on is entirely consistent with trying to redefine reality (and make no mistake, there is no way they discussions with russia weren't sanctioned by Trump - if he hadn't known, the individual would have been sacked on the spot as the easiest out).

It also explains why he won't apologise or stop doing stupid stuff - his words have redefined his reality, so everyone else had better accept it and fit in. That's how his company has worked, so why shouldn't the US?

And hence why the germans calling him a liar goes down so badly - he really doesn't comprehend - it's counter to his worldview.

I've long said he needs to be behind bars, either for corruption, or insanity.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Comey could come unstuck here.

In one sentence he says the FBI are taking an unbiased view, and in the next he accuses Putin of hating Hilary so much he wanted to rig the election.

Doesn't sound very unbiased to me.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 7:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Comey could come unstuck here.

In one sentence he says the FBI are taking an unbiased view, and in the next he accuses Putin of hating Hilary so much he wanted to rig the election.

Doesn't sound very unbiased to me.
On the other hand he did throw Hillary under the bus right at the end of the election.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

On the other hand he did throw Hillary under the bus right at the end of the election.
Ha. Well all the focus is on Comey. Sounds like he's everyones favourite.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

And next Trump will be claiming that Cameron says Obama tapped him (not):

"David Cameron has joked that a major advantage of being an ex-prime minister is that he is no longer required to listen to Donald Trump’s wiretapped conversations – adding swiftly, perhaps for the benefit of the Twitter-happy president: “Just to be clear, that’s a joke.”

I can just see the Trump tweet - 'I've just heard from the former British PM that Obama had a tapp (sic) on my phone. Sick, bad man'.

Questioned on his tweet he will say he's just reporting the man, I'm not claiming anything.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

The Wall Street Journal has now dubbed him the 'Fake President':

President Donald Trump's repeated lack of "respect for the truth" puts him in jeopardy of being viewed as "a fake President," The Wall Street Journal editorial board says.

"Two months into his presidency, Gallup has Mr. Trump's approval rating at 39%. No doubt Mr. Trump considers that fake news, but if he doesn't show more respect for the truth, most Americans may conclude he's a fake President," said the WSJ editorial which appeared online Tuesday night.

The WSJ is regarded as a conservative publication.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OzTennis
The Wall Street Journal has now dubbed him the 'Fake President':

President Donald Trump's repeated lack of "respect for the truth" puts him in jeopardy of being viewed as "a fake President," The Wall Street Journal editorial board says.

"Two months into his presidency, Gallup has Mr. Trump's approval rating at 39%. No doubt Mr. Trump considers that fake news, but if he doesn't show more respect for the truth, most Americans may conclude he's a fake President," said the WSJ editorial which appeared online Tuesday night.

The WSJ is regarded as a conservative publication.
You are all propaganda aren't you. Just hot air and fake news.

Next you'll be telling us Trump has links to Nazi Germany and its ok to have a swastika display in public

Old Mar 23rd 2017, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You are all propaganda aren't you. Just hot air and fake news.

Next you'll be telling us Trump has links to Nazi Germany and its ok to have a swastika display in public

http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/...che=CSCNCNO9Ez
Your reaction to the editorial comment on Trump by the esteemed WSJ is this irrelevance? An editorial can't be 'fake'; it is a genuine comment by the editor.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your reaction to the editorial comment on Trump by the esteemed WSJ is this irrelevance? An editorial can't be 'fake'; it is a genuine comment by the editor.
I wish you were one of my clients with access to a big budget. You would make me a very very wealthy man.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wish you were one of my clients with access to a big budget. You would make me a very very wealthy man.
Another cryptic, irrelevant comment.

The day that I'd employ you, look out for low flying pigs.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Another cryptic, irrelevant comment.

The day that I'd employ you, look out for low flying pigs.
Well you are a buyer ..... unfortunately its of free stuff.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 11:04 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.0f51bbd526b3

Great move from the Trumpster - and as MMGW is not happening, totally appropriate. Shows the futility of what our government is trying to do and puts it in perspective. Hopefully, we'll also get some common sense and scale back all this anti-Australian green bullshit

Trump may have just saved the western economic system from self-imposed oblivion
Onya Donald
Old Mar 29th 2017, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.0f51bbd526b3

Great move from the Trumpster - and as MMGW is not happening, totally appropriate. Shows the futility of what our government is trying to do and puts it in perspective. Hopefully, we'll also get some common sense and scale back all this anti-Australian green bullshit

Trump may have just saved the western economic system from self-imposed oblivion
Onya Donald
If you can't get your travel ban enacted, if you can't get Healthcare reform through to finance tax cuts for the well off, if your AHCA has a spectacular fall off a cliff, if your appointees mostly can't stay in a job without resigning, if the FBI announce they are investigating your links with Russia, if you accuse the previous incumbent of tapping your phones without any proof, if your popularity rating falls to the lowest level of any President (and lower than Obama with 10%+ unemployment in the GFC, just over 4% now), if you can't get sufficient GOP on your side to get legislation through.................... you rip up the scientific evidence and go back to burn, burn, burn coal..

The initial assessments of the 'master plan' suggest anything but a touch of genius to 'save the western economic system from self imposed oblivion' which in itself is a Trump like meaningless, unsubstantiated rant.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...coals-decline/

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ean-power-plan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.