Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:04 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You just don't get it. It is attitudes like yours that is exactly why Trump won, or is about to.

Politicians are there to represent and carry out the wishes of the people. Not look down on them, sneer and tell them that they are too stupid to know what is best for themselves.
+1

Things like this:
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GarryP
Nope, we live in a world where people who have no clue how things actually work put in place people who are going to both shaft them AND screw things up.

Jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

You are right though, there is a good chance someone will shoot him, I just hope they get Pence at the same time, he's worse.
I know I'm right on all counts, people have the idea that the elite have been making mugs of them for decades, and they're correct. The UK and Aus need to see this as a cautionary tale, and not drive their own plebs towards extremism by ignoring the living daylights out of them.

Originally Posted by Amazulu
And it's that kind of sneering, looking down the nose attitude of our supposed "intellectuals" and "experts" that is reason for Brexit and the rise of Trump, Hanson etc
Spot on
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I know I'm right on all counts, people have the idea that the elite have been making mugs of them for decades, and they're correct. The UK and Aus need to see this as a cautionary tale, and not drive their own plebs towards extremism by ignoring the living daylights out of them.

Spot on
Despite what rubbish the left have been believing in the press, Trump voters aren't just rural, white males.

Bankers, lawyers and software engineers are in on the Trump train too. Depends what you call elite.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile, down the road at Sydney University .........

The Trump supporters chanting offensive slogans have been removed from the University of Sydney’s US Studies Centre party. The uni said it did not “endorse” and would not “tolerate” such behaviour.

As they left, the crowd continued chanting: “No more leftist bulls***! PC is over! Stop crying about it!” The Australian’s Simone Koob reported.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:20 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Politicians are there to represent and carry out the wishes of the people. Not look down on them, sneer and tell them that they are too stupid to know what is best for themselves.
So how does that explain why they've voted in the most arrogant and supercilious candidate?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dreamy
So how does that explain why they've voted in the most arrogant and supercilious candidate?
Easy ..... look at the opposition.

Now ..... could have Obama beaten Trump?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

They had a choice of two.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:31 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Easy ..... look at the opposition.

Now ..... could have Obama beaten Trump?
I doubt there's anyone in the world who doesn't sneer and look down at people as much as Trump does, lol. The issue is that he knew the words to come out with to appeal to a certain demographic and because he was up against Ms Clinton, she couldn't pull it back.

The Obama's dog could have beaten Trump.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Despite what rubbish the left have been believing in the press, Trump voters aren't just rural, white males.

Bankers, lawyers and software engineers are in on the Trump train too. Depends what you call elite.
There are all walks of life voting for each candidate, but it's the great unwashed that hold the numbers that can oust governments.

When I say elete, I'm mainly referring to their defenition of themselves, not my definition, uppety twat that looks down on lesser folk, you know the type.

I once knew a bonefide genius, could read and make sense of any electronic drawing in minutes, couldn't change a plug though.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt there's anyone in the world who doesn't sneer and look down at people as much as Trump does, lol. The issue is that he knew the words to come out with to appeal to a certain demographic and because he was up against Ms Clinton, she couldn't pull it back.

What "certain demographic" were the 55million people that voted for him yesterday?

You see you are also sneering at people just because they think differently to you.

And just for the avoidance of doubt, I think both candidates were terrible, I could not put a piece of paper between them and the one and only time I expressed a view, with a heavy heart I said I thought Clinton would be better. But I do not sneer or make assumptions about people that thought another candidate was better equipped to represent them. It is their choice.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And what might that demographic be?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:48 am
Officially Bewildered

What "certain demographic" were the 55million people that voted for him yesterday?

You see you are also sneering at people just because they think differently to you.
Oh ok, I'm fairly sure I said he appealed to a certain demographic, not that all those who voted for him were a certain demographic.

Perhaps you can point out where I said the latter?

No? Thought not.

So, do you not believe that he appealed to a certain demographic?

And no sneering going on here, people will vote for the candidate that they think will give them something the other one won't, even if that something is just not the other candidate.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:50 am
Officially Bewildered

And what might that demographic be?
He appeals to people who have issues with immigration.

He appeals to people who have issues with 'establishment' (bizarrely)

He appeals to people who don't want a Democrat as a president

He appeals to people who particularly didn't want Hillary Clinton as president.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Donald!

It's just been called.

BTW I am not necessarily a Donald fan, but less so a Hillary one.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're underestimating how many people in the US despise Clinton

Ultimately, they're both poor candidates. 320m Americans and the best that they could pick were these 2 clowns

Trump has some good messages on US domestic policy (his foreign policy is terrible) - but he's the wrong messenger. I don't think that he can unite the country and congress will oppose him at every turn. Not much will change

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.