Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Nov 12th 2016, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Who are Mexicans best? Are the Irish not sending their best? There is a problem with the Mexican drug cartel in American, sure. But he shows his racism by discriminating against all Mexicans. You're right, Muslims are not a race. But how would he enforce his anti muslim control if not by skin colour?

Ok, when I said chauvinistic, I wan't referring to his 'America is the greatest' view and I think you know that.

Trump didn't choose his words carefully and seemed to attract anger and violence all the way along his campaign. Will he polish up and be a better speaker whilst president? Who knows, but I doubt it.

It's still amazing to me that people see him as a qualified person to be US president when he has been nothing but selfish, narcissistic and arrogant. He didn't even apologise for the hot mic incident.
Pretty simple- the majority of Mexicans coming into the country are lower educated and lower skilled, which for a 21st century economy with stagnant real wages and underemployment/unemployment is nor a positive. The position to control the border is not racist. I do not understand how it can be understood that way.

As far as a ban on people from certain countries for whatever reason. that is for security reasons- whether one agrees with the methods or not- not racist reasons, as being Muslim is not a "race".

Maybe the people expressing anger and violence should look to their own behavior. Bigots can come from left as much as much as the tight.

I agree he is arrogant, doesn't choose his words wisely. and now will have to fight with the Senate to get things done and doesnt have experience with Washington. But the immigration policy should be based on what is best for the USA and that isn't a racist position for him to believe that.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
A racist is someone who believes one race is superior to all others (look it up if you are unsure). Clearly by wishing to exclude particular groups Trump and other racists wish to preserve their supposed 'superiority'.
An American President or any leader should do the best for the country the are elected to lead. If importing unskilled and lower educated people is a negative for the economy, and a leader seeks to reverse that trend, that is what they are elected to do. If he wishes to ban all Muslims because the US cant vet the ones coming in that may be an impractical policy, but it sim simply a policy based on security concerns.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

http://wapo.st/2fFuYeM?tid=ss_mail-amp

I’m a Muslim, a woman and an immigrant. I voted for Trump.

Can't say I agree with everything she writes but its certainly a win for the anti PC pussy foot movement.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 7:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GarryP
You are the one pointing to them as racist, I'm just saying that they are stupid and ignorant. Stupid for falling for the con, and ignorant of what the policies and evidence actually were (in other words, unsuitable to vote).

And no, I didn't create them. Quite the opposite. Trying to push the blame onto 'liberals' is another of those cons of the far right that the thick keep falling for.

Washington Post has a nice bit on how trump's lies have played the voters, and how the people he's appointing to his 'transition' team point up what he really is. Guess what, the EPA head is a climate denier.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ou-got-conned/
Let me take you back to the Paris bombings, where some of the right wingers in the group were calling for tighter controls on Muslims. I believe you were quite animated in saying that if they were singled out for for want of a better term, marginalized, this would in turn push them towards extremism. Can you see the parallels? I'm guessing not.

Although I must agree with your stance against the EPA head, I believe there is a climate.

As for this wall of his, many of us in Oz are here because of Australia's wall, although it's hard to believe they got Britain's best at times. If Britain's drug dealers, murderers and rapists were getting free access, you'd be a fool not to expect drug dealing to disappear from the skilled occupation list.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Nov 12th 2016 at 8:00 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Let me take you back to the Paris bombings, where some of the right wingers in the group were calling for tighter controls on Muslims. I believe you were quite animated in saying that if they were singled out for for want of a better term, marginalized, this would in turn push them towards extremism. Can you see the parallels? I'm guessing not.

Although I must agree with your stance against the EPA head, I believe there is a climate.

As for this wall of his, many of us in Oz are here because of Australia's wall, although it's hard to believe they got Britain's best at times. If Britain's drug dealers, murderers and rapists were getting free access, you'd be a fool not to expect drug dealing to disappear from the skilled occupation list.
But are Americans drug and terrorist problems only born from outside of the US? Of course not. Trumps message has only focussed on foreign threats to America's safety but Americans are doing a better job at killing themselves. A strong border control is important for any country but how is banning all Muslims from entering the US or putting up a wall along the Mexican border a solution to their very sad home made gun, drug and domestic violence problems? Can't see the forest for the trees.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

But are Americans drug and terrorist problems only born from outside of the US? Of course not. Trumps message has only focussed on foreign threats to America's safety but Americans are doing a better job at killing themselves. A strong border control is important for any country but how is banning all Muslims from entering the US or putting up a wall along the Mexican border a solution to their very sad home made gun, drug and domestic violence problems? Can't see the forest for the trees.
Let me put it another way then, if you already have a problem with rape, murder and drugs, would you want to import rapists murderers and drug dealers from another country? These people aren't seeking assylum.

On the subject of Muslims however, I agree it's far more complex, but it does need dealing with. Neither left or right has all the answers, they need to talk to eachother and reach a compromise that is sustainable. Both sides need to listen to eachother, without compromise, may aswell be in the dark ages

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Nov 12th 2016 at 8:53 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Let me put it another way then, if you already have a problem with rape, murder and drugs, would you want to import rapists murderers and drug dealers from another country? These people aren't seeking assylum.

On the subject of Muslims however, I agree it's far more complex, but it does need dealing with. Neither left or right has all the answers, they need to talk to eachother and reach a compromise that is sustainable. Both sides need to listen to eachother, without compromise, may aswell be in the dark ages
The democrat and republican establishment has for years not resolved the problem of lack of control of the border. It can be an entirely logical position to believe it is beneficial for a country to control its borders. I have noi understanding why controlling the border should be open to the question.

Am absurd situation, I know people with education or capital who have such a difficult time even getting a tourist visa, but someone with no papers, little education or skills can enter the country illegally. Ridiculous.

The idea in an age of terrorism of being more strict on vetting those from problem areas of the world is also logical. How much and to what degree can all be debated of course.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

Well no, I had no vote in the UK election and so it doesn't suit me either way. But I wonder are you actually defending that type of system? My personal view is that there should be no party politics and a board of experts should be elected as independents with every vote counting. UKip wouldn't exist and neither would the two party preferred system. I don't see how it makes sense to argue that the system is a little bit wrong and that little bit needs changing. It's all a massive mess.

Also, Russell Brand predicted a revolution in politics. I guess we are at the beginning of it. On a lighter note, I remember when Ireland used to win the Eurovision song contest without even trying. Then we couldn't win it for the life of us. So, we threw in Jedward as a way to join the 'camp brigade'. Hopefully the DNC don't follow that lead.
I'm not defending any particular system, all I'm saying is that it suited the lefties in the UK when UKIP got 4 million votes and no seats, but now the left have suffered due to the system and are screaming PR. My point is, if we can't change the system to suit our voters then neither can you.

Russel Brand is worth $15million and talks shite, but he's right about the revolution. Point is, if a prick like him saw it coming, why didn't the rest of the left?

Trump will be a dream compared to me in charge by the way, every lefty celebrity would be housing as many asylum seekers and mexican ne'er do wells as they had spare rooms, watch them change their tune when they're dealing with it.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 10:16 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you are not seeing the point of the original statements. It was that you shouldn't have simplistic, racially/religiously targeted rules that encompass a large number of people. You can't deal with a large number of people as suspects and by putting them all in the 'terrorist' box you make it much easier for the terrorist.

In this situation we have a bunch of people who feel they haven't been getting a fair shake of the stick since, well at least Reagan. They then throw their toys out of the pram and vote for someone who is obviously lying to them (if he puts up import tariffs, he gets export tariffs in return, and less jobs). The reality is the issue is structural - there aren't enough controls on the 1%ers to stop them syphoning off the profits, and automation is going to need even less people, pushing down wages. You don't fix that by putting in charge someone who is proudly a 1%er, has shifted jobs to china to line his pocket, AND WHO'S POLICIES ARE TO CUT TAXES ON THE RICH, A LOT.

That's stupid.

All of the names floating forward from Trump are poor; payback for support in the campaign, not the best people. Pence is a creationist loony who wants a theocracy, Ben Carson for education (evolution is the devils work and the big bang is a fairy tale), Newt Gingrich for Secretary of State (a man everyone hates), etc.

Err, you do realise that suggesting that most of those coming from Mexico are "drug dealers, murderers and rapists" is a racist statement that has nothing to do with reality, don't you?

The reality is that those coming across the border are LESS likely to be drug dealers, murderers and rapists than those that native born. If you want to do something about serious crime, you'd do better to deport those born in the US and leave the mexicans ...

Mexicans have long formed an underclass in the US, useful in doing shitty jobs for low wages with no opportunity to speak up. If they were legal, the pay/conditions for all would rise, and the drug economy would decrease (since drugs is one route for those without documents to make money). If you try and deport them, you need to find someone native born to be cleaners, farm workers, etc. - think that's going to happen?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nts-and-crime/
Old Nov 12th 2016, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

I guess you are not seeing the point of the original statements. It was that you shouldn't have simplistic, racially/religiously targeted rules that encompass a large number of people. You can't deal with a large number of people as suspects and by putting them all in the 'terrorist' box you make it much easier for the terrorist.

In this situation we have a bunch of people who feel they haven't been getting a fair shake of the stick since, well at least Reagan. They then throw their toys out of the pram and vote for someone who is obviously lying to them (if he puts up import tariffs, he gets export tariffs in return, and less jobs). The reality is the issue is structural - there aren't enough controls on the 1%ers to stop them syphoning off the profits, and automation is going to need even less people, pushing down wages. You don't fix that by putting in charge someone who is proudly a 1%er, has shifted jobs to china to line his pocket, AND WHO'S POLICIES ARE TO CUT TAXES ON THE RICH, A LOT.

That's stupid.

All of the names floating forward from Trump are poor; payback for support in the campaign, not the best people. Pence is a creationist loony who wants a theocracy, Ben Carson for education (evolution is the devils work and the big bang is a fairy tale), Newt Gingrich for Secretary of State (a man everyone hates), etc.

Err, you do realise that suggesting that most of those coming from Mexico are "drug dealers, murderers and rapists" is a racist statement that has nothing to do with reality, don't you?

The reality is that those coming across the border are LESS likely to be drug dealers, murderers and rapists than those that native born. If you want to do something about serious crime, you'd do better to deport those born in the US and leave the mexicans ...

Mexicans have long formed an underclass in the US, useful in doing shitty jobs for low wages with no opportunity to speak up. If they were legal, the pay/conditions for all would rise, and the drug economy would decrease (since drugs is one route for those without documents to make money). If you try and deport them, you need to find someone native born to be cleaners, farm workers, etc. - think that's going to happen?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nts-and-crime/
This is so much rubbish, I physically can't deal with it. Enjoy life in your bubble of superiority and ignorance. I'm off down the pub to watch the McGregor fight.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 11:04 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

This is so much rubbish, I physically can't deal with it. Enjoy life in your bubble of superiority and ignorance. I'm off down the pub to watch the McGregor fight.
Figures ...
Old Nov 12th 2016, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

Figures ...
Nice
Old Nov 12th 2016, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not defending any particular system, all I'm saying is that it suited the lefties in the UK when UKIP got 4 million votes and no seats, but now the left have suffered due to the system and are screaming PR. My point is, if we can't change the system to suit our voters then neither can you.

Russel Brand is worth $15million and talks shite, but he's right about the revolution. Point is, if a prick like him saw it coming, why didn't the rest of the left?

Trump will be a dream compared to me in charge by the way, every lefty celebrity would be housing as many asylum seekers and mexican ne'er do wells as they had spare rooms, watch them change their tune when they're dealing with it.
We're going to go around in circles here mate as we're coming from two very different view points. We'll agree to disagree but agree that Trump is an arsehole. How's that?
Old Nov 12th 2016, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Is history repeating itself?
This 1922 quote about Hitler has chilling parallels with Donald Trump
https://www.indy100.com/article/this...-trump-7413406
Old Nov 13th 2016, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

I had no idea what the electoral college was, so I did a little research. Each state has a set number of electors. Wont go into the rigmarole of how they get the job or how they are supposed to vote, but can please themselves. Anyway there are 538 electors who vote for president and vice pres. Whoever gets 270 becomes president, irrespective of whom the population vote for. This does not seem very democratic to me. Why bother to vote when your vote could mean nothing? Now I understand all the protest. The people gave Hilary the majority but Trump won the electors vote so he is president elect. Doesn't seem right to me.

Last edited by Gibbo; Nov 13th 2016 at 12:14 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.