Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by Beoz
This is the problem with you lefties. When the vote is lost and the after argument has no depth or merit, all you can do is name call and riot in the streets. Your neanderthal ways are getting a bit last decade. Do catch up, the world is moving forward without you.
Explain how the world is micing forward. Narcissism, sexism and racism just won the US presidency without the popular vote.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:44 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Boys, your squabbling is so boring to read and probably puts people off posting. Back away ...
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:46 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Narcissism, sexism and racism just won the US presidency without the popular vote.
I do find this troubling. I find myself shaking my head and saying "only in America ..." quite a bit, which means I am cheering up because yesterday I had "It's the end of the world as we know it ..." playing on a loop in my head!
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Boys, your squabbling is so boring to read and probably puts people off posting. Back away ...
I agree.

Guys, please calm down and stop the name calling/personal attacks please.

TIA.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody knows why Trump really got elected and that's what makes this nearly impossible to understand. Some voted against Clinton, some voted because they wanted a wall. Others would have voted because they didn't believe in Obama. Plenty of reasons why but who knows how many for each.
True a study of the reasons will be more definitive, and until the articles, commentators and looking at ones own area. I live in area that voted heavily for Trump.

Some because of distaste for Clinton, many just for change because of poor economic conditions. Some because of wall, especially those competing for jobs against illegal aliens. A lot of people had reservations about Trump but simply saw the status quo as going nowhere. Actually judging from where I live pretty easy to understand for these reasons.

Not very much comment about foreign policy except general opinion if USA going into a war just go all in, or pull out.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Track record pretty good in my opinion. He's had successful businesses, failed businesses, been up front about the failed tax system. An honest leader for once. And he's into caviar moisturiser ...... just because you can't afford it ..... resentment again.

Any other arguments or are you just buying the mainstream press piss take?
Anyone can afford caviar cream no - Aldi are making the best one on the market and its about $40 compared to the $600 you'll pay at the salon. ;-)
Old Nov 11th 2016, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Anyone can afford caviar cream no - Aldi are making the best one on the market and its about $40 compared to the $600 you'll pay at the salon. ;-)
Well there you go. I guess that article just plucked a topic from obscurity to jump on the bandwagon.

Last edited by Beoz; Nov 11th 2016 at 12:10 am.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Erm, well I do think Trump has name-calling well and truly in the bag so I don't think that is something you can accuse lefties of having a monopoly on! In fact, part of the recent critique of the left is that they have sought to quash name-calling, thereby interfering with free speech..... Knockoff nig seems pretty good at name-calling, but he is no more proficient than several of the posters he spars with.

I think if there is are two things we can say with some certainty at the rise and election of Donald Trump it is that (a) Farrage was right: people have had enough of 'experts' (aka people who know their shit) and they have had enough to such an extent that they will overlook and forgive a lot in order to make the point that they have had enough, and (b) money really does talk.

On the plus side, Putin/ Russia seems to like Trump so maybe recent escalating tensions there might subside. Every cloud and all that
I don't know about that. Personal name calling seems to be reserved for one individual.

Anyhow moving forward, your Russian angle makes plenty of sense. Be closer to your allies but be even closer to your enemies as the saying goes.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Explain how the world is micing forward. Narcissism, sexism and racism just won the US presidency without the popular vote.
No what won the presidency for Trump was (a) intense dislike of Clinton (b) people wanting a change because of the poor economic conditions around them and no end in sight (c) tired of a political system that doesn't seem to progress in solving problems.

All the rest of the words the left gets so upset about, people who supported Trump either didn't take seriously, or held their nose hoping he would bring change.

Whether with the establishment-types in Congress Trump can achieve as much as he has promised and the way he has promised who knows. But maybe the left will have a better chance in the next election that instead of considering all Trump supporters "deplorables" maybe consider their legitimate worries, next time around they will do better. Hilary telling coal workers she will help them with "re-training" hardly puts food on the table. I wonder why that is so hard for some people to understand ? It seems the left and the Democrats simply have lost touch with the white working class and poor. They are perceived that they only care about everyone else but not the white working class. That isn't racism, just the impression many have of Clinton and the elite that simply they don't care the effect of their policies.

This doesn't mean Trump will be successful, but people voting for him at least in area I am in, did so for a hope of some positive change. They didn't even see a chance of that under Clinton, and whether correct or not, the feeling was that she looked down on the white working class and poor. I think Sanders could have got their vote.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 1:31 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Farrage was right: people have had enough of 'experts' (aka people who know their shit)
Pity that Trump is unlikely to do a Farrage and run away from the mess he's made. At least not till things go badly wrong and he can't blame someone else.

Tell you what. I will think better of Trump is he doesn't pick the idiot republican politicians as his cabinet and instead packs it with REAL experts in the various areas. He has the scope to do it (since the republicans hate him) and it would then act to counterbalance his incompetence. At least in business he hired good people to do the actual work.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
No what won the presidency for Trump was (a) intense dislike of Clinton (b) people wanting a change because of the poor economic conditions around them and no end in sight (c) tired of a political system that doesn't seem to progress in solving problems.

All the rest of the words the left gets so upset about, people who supported Trump either didn't take seriously, or held their nose hoping he would bring change.

Whether with the establishment-types in Congress Trump can achieve as much as he has promised and the way he has promised who knows. But maybe the left will have a better chance in the next election that instead of considering all Trump supporters "deplorables" maybe consider their legitimate worries, next time around they will do better. Hilary telling coal workers she will help them with "re-training" hardly puts food on the table. I wonder why that is so hard for some people to understand ? It seems the left and the Democrats simply have lost touch with the white working class and poor. They are perceived that they only care about everyone else but not the white working class. That isn't racism, just the impression many have of Clinton and the elite that simply they don't care the effect of their policies.

This doesn't mean Trump will be successful, but people voting for him at least in area I am in, did so for a hope of some positive change. They didn't even see a chance of that under Clinton, and whether correct or not, the feeling was that she looked down on the white working class and poor. I think Sanders could have got their vote.
I didn't say that's how he won it, but what he is.

I think Sanders would have won it but the problem now is finding someone who will run against him in four years. The DNC might try and find their version of Trump and that is not Bernie Sanders.

If John Stewart was to run, I think he'd do well and has a tv personality that reaches further than Trump. It's not his trade but I doubt the DNC will be looking for another career politician in four years time.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GarryP
Pity that Trump is unlikely to do a Farrage and run away from the mess he's made. At least not till things go badly wrong and he can't blame someone else.

Tell you what. I will think better of Trump is he doesn't pick the idiot republican politicians as his cabinet and instead packs it with REAL experts in the various areas. He has the scope to do it (since the republicans hate him) and it would then act to counterbalance his incompetence. At least in business he hired good people to do the actual work.
Actually, I think the only way to save the US now is through the Republican Party and the House of Representatives. If he his highly unsuccessful, they'll have got out of jail. But I fear we'll have another GFC before 2020.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I didn't say that's how he won it, but what he is.

I think Sanders would have won it but the problem now is finding someone who will run against him in four years. The DNC might try and find their version of Trump and that is not Bernie Sanders.

If John Stewart was to run, I think he'd do well and has a tv personality that reaches further than Trump. It's not his trade but I doubt the DNC will be looking for another career politician in four years time.
That is what you and left believe about Trump. Just watched a CNN piece on the 35% of Latinos in Florida who voted for Trump, they don't seem to share that view of Trump. In my area majority voted for Trump, I don't think most would share your views of him ( except about being a narcissist !).

Actually I know won't happen but would be fantastic for country if Sanders and Trump agreed to take on Republican congress together - on infrastructure programs, unfair trade deals- on areas they somewhat agree on. Not saying I agree with all their shared ideas, but together they could force change.

My prediction is revenge of elite will be the media and the Senate blocking much change.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by morpeth
That is what you and left believe about Trump. Just watched a CNN piece on the 35% of Latinos in Florida who voted for Trump, they don't seem to share that view of Trump. In my area majority voted for Trump, I don't think most would share your views of him ( except about being a narcissist !).

Actually I know won't happen but would be fantastic for country if Sanders and Trump agreed to take on Republican congress together - on infrastructure programs, unfair trade deals- on areas they somewhat agree on. Not saying I agree with all their shared ideas, but together they could force change.

My prediction is revenge of elite will be the media and the Senate blocking much change.
But surely some Latinos voting for him doesn't mean he isn't racist? He himself probably doesn't think he is racist. It's his ridiculous policies that prove he is. He might be friends with many black people. His full page add against the kids from New York who got wrongfully convicted of rape suggests he is racist. I think he is racist because of his words and his actions.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But surely some Latinos voting for him doesn't mean he isn't racist? He himself probably doesn't think he is racist. It's his ridiculous policies that prove he is. He might be friends with many black people. His full page add against the kids from New York who got wrongfully convicted of rape suggests he is racist. I think he is racist because of his words and his actions.
So Clinton's words about "super predators", and policies of her husband that led ( so I understand ) to a lot more minorities in prison, does that make her racist ? People evolve.

I think he said many things just to be elected.

What policies does he have that are racist ?

You are correct if 1/3 of Latinos in Florida voted for him that doesn't prove he isnt a racist, but I think it does show maybe it isn't as clear if he is racist as you think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.