Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:56 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You just don't get it. It is attitudes like yours that is exactly why Trump won, or is about to.

Politicians are there to represent and carry out the wishes of the people. Not look down on them, sneer and tell them that they are too stupid to know what is best for themselves.
No, the reason why trump lied his way to power is because people don't think they should have to understand the issues, or how things work, before they vote. They think voting with their gut is somehow an acceptable way of determining policy, or in trump's case, lack of policy.

Those people ARE too stupid to know what's best for themselves. I hate to have to agree with the paternalistic civil servants, but the majority ARE f**king clueless and need to be protected from themselves and their ignorance. And I was always the one railing against the way they would not tell people the truth "because they couldn't understand it".

Guess what, they were right.

Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
He appeals to people who have issues with immigration.
So what? Are you sneering down on that?

He appeals to people who have issues with 'establishment' (bizarrely)

He appeals to people who don't want a Democrat as a president

He appeals to people who particularly didn't want Hillary Clinton as president.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
No, the reason why trump lied his way to power is because people don't think they should have to understand the issues, or how things work, before they vote. They think voting with their gut is somehow an acceptable way of determining policy, or in trump's case, lack of policy.

Those people ARE too stupid to know what's best for themselves. I hate to have to agree with the paternalistic civil servants, but the majority ARE f**king clueless and need to be protected from themselves and their ignorance. And I was always the one railing against the way they would not tell people the truth "because they couldn't understand it".

You mean like the largely uneducated, poverty riddled Latino voters who voted for Clinton?

You will back yourself into a corner again if you tread down the "I am gods gift to BE path". It will be easy fodder to pick off.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another slant on it then, The anti-Trump brigade failed to win over a bunch of clueless ****wits. So perhaps ther overestimated their own intelligence. Next time, try engaging people instead of deriding them. Some might surprise you.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:18 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
You mean like the largely uneducated, poverty riddled Latino voters who voted for Clinton?
You mean the people Trump threatened to deport and called rapists and drug dealers? I wonder why they voted for Clinton.

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Another slant on it then, The anti-Trump brigade failed to win over a bunch of clueless ****wits. So perhaps ther overestimated their own intelligence. Next time, try engaging people instead of deriding them. Some might surprise you.
This wasn't a complex, difficult question. Clinton was the continuation of Obama policies that bought the US back from the destruction of Dubya policies into rude health.

Trump was a lying, narcissistic, blowhard - last seen on the forecourt of a second hand car dealership - telling ludicrous, obvious, lies.

And they picked the second hand car dealer.

PT Barnum was right.

Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:21 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The liberal left completely misunderstood the appeal of Donald Trump to those who have been left behind in the post-industrial, rush to globalization. Instead of trying to attack his flawed arguments they just resorted to insults and character smears.

The average American has been divorced and has a shitty attitude towards their spouse, and nobody seemed to recognize that attacking Donald Trump for those things was tantamount to attacking the electorate.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:24 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The liberal left completely misunderstood the appeal of Donald Trump to those who have been left behind in the post-industrial, rush to globalization. Instead of trying to attack his flawed arguments they just resorted to insults and character smears.

The average American has been divorced and has a shitty attitude towards their spouse, and nobody seemed to recognize that attacking Donald Trump for those things was tantamount to attacking the electorate.
Democrats keep forgetting the "fly over" part of the US.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You mean the people Trump threatened to deport and called rapists and drug dealers? I wonder why they voted for Clinton
So during your blame game and name calling, you won't be able label Trump supporters uneducated rednecks then?

I mean, if the Latino's really believed that is a true statement.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:34 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Originally Posted by Beoz
So during your blame game and name calling, you won't be able label Trump supporters uneducated rednecks then?
I labelled them f**kwits.

Let's ask the 'elephant in the room' question - would you have voted for Trump?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

You mean the people Trump threatened to deport and called rapists and drug dealers? I wonder why they voted for Clinton.

This wasn't a complex, difficult question. Clinton was the continuation of Obama policies that bought the US back from the destruction of Dubya policies into rude health.

Trump was a lying, narcissistic, blowhard - last seen on the forecourt of a second hand car dealership - telling ludicrous, obvious, lies.

And they picked the second hand car dealer.

PT Barnum was right.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/data:...D6zTmCUQf/2Q==https://s3media.247sports.com/Upload...81/2881188.jpg

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/...ump-187195.jpg

http://britishexpats.com/forum/data:...IPjqeRNKD/2Q==
I'm dumfounded by the arrogance. You're totally blind to the fact that this attitude drives the disenfranchised right into the arms of the extremist aren't you?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:41 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

I'm dumfounded by the arrogance. You're totally blind to the fact that this attitude drives the disenfranchised right into the arms of the extremist aren't you?
F**k the morons.

In case you haven't worked it out, I'm pissed. I'm pissed because I used to stand up for those people you talk of, and I admit I was wrong, they AREN'T capable of operating a democracy.

That's the point, democracy doesn't work. Trump was obviously, flagrantly, a liar that had no answers and was not fit to run. And they voted for him.

You need to face it - the evidence is there, writ three times over, democracy is dead.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I labelled them f**kwits.

Let's ask the 'elephant in the room' question - would you have voted for Trump?
Against Hilary. **** yes.

Now, why don't we just revisit why Donald wants a wall. Listen carefully, and don't dress it up as you want it to be. Don't be naive like your left wing friends and listen to the first line and ignore the rest. Listen and listen carefully to his reasons.

It's not about being racist, its not about Mexicans, its about the Mexican border being the final gate of entry and its about controlling that gate.

Countries control their entry points. Why can't the US?

Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:47 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... You need to face it - the evidence is there, writ three times over, democracy is dead.
Democracy is alive and well, you don't get to call it "dead" because you don't like the outcome.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Democracy is alive and well, you don't get to call it "dead" because you don't like the outcome.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

F**k the morons.

In case you haven't worked it out, I'm pissed. I'm pissed because I used to stand up for those people you talk of, and I admit I was wrong, they AREN'T capable of operating a democracy.

That's the point, democracy doesn't work. Trump was obviously, flagrantly, a liar that had no answers and was not fit to run. And they voted for him.

You need to face it - the evidence is there, writ three times over, democracy is dead.
Not dead, just changing and evolving - evolving with a big f**k you neon sign overhead!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.