Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

'I'm a celebrity' fined in OZ.

'I'm a celebrity' fined in OZ.

Old May 3rd 2018, 2:08 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'I'm a celebrity' fined in OZ.

Originally they wanted to charge them with having two self serving prats as presenters, but then they thought that wa a bit too obvious, so they settled on traffic violations

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/australian...110606424.html
Old May 3rd 2018, 7:47 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'I'm a celebrity' fined in OZ.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Originally they wanted to charge them with having two self serving prats as presenters, but then they thought that wa a bit too obvious, so they settled on traffic violations

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/australian...110606424.html
As far as I'm concerned, it and every 'reality' program should be illegal
Old May 4th 2018, 2:27 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Tweed Shire Council in New South Wales introduced a rule whereby 80 vehicles are permitted to travel down the road on one day
Way to kill the goose that lays the golden egg with an idiotic rule. 80 vehicles in a day, shock horror, what a massive amount of traffic ...
Old May 5th 2018, 12:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm kind of confused by the locals complaining about the number of vehicles on the Highway. If this is about how many vehicles are travelling on the narrow road that leads to the 'Jungle' why complain about the Highway where thousands pass by every day? Weird lot in Murbah at the best of times.
Old May 5th 2018, 2:21 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'm kind of confused by the locals complaining about the number of vehicles on the Highway. If this is about how many vehicles are travelling on the narrow road that leads to the 'Jungle' why complain about the Highway where thousands pass by every day? Weird lot in Murbah at the best of times.
I suspect it is the narrow road they are complaining about
Old May 6th 2018, 3:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I suspect it is the narrow road they are complaining about
Well yes but in no rational mind could that road be called a highway. It makes the issue sound stupid. It's for a short period of time each year, not a continuous problem. It's been a while since I drove down there but I can't remember any properties or locals using it.
Old May 6th 2018, 4:35 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Well yes but in no rational mind could that road be called a highway. It makes the issue sound stupid. It's for a short period of time each year, not a continuous problem. It's been a while since I drove down there but I can't remember any properties or locals using it.
I imagined it to be like around here, where residential streets lead to bush areas/lookouts/walks etc - obviously, you wouldn't want loads of vehicles traipsing back and forth along a road like that. So it wasn't that kind of road? That's bizarre then... it isn't like there's loads of places in Australia that would be more than happy to have ITVs dollars if they naff off the production crew.
Old May 7th 2018, 8:45 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Did I break the Barbie?

::shuffles off, looking embarrassed::
Old May 8th 2018, 1:03 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Did I break the Barbie?

::shuffles off, looking embarrassed::
Nah, the owners broke it with this poor redesign and the push to throw ads at everything. I'm kind of surprised they haven't reverted it already, it's clear it needs a lot of work before it's ready for deployment.
Old May 8th 2018, 1:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by GarryP
Nah, the owners broke it with this poor redesign and the push to throw ads at everything. I'm kind of surprised they haven't reverted it already, it's clear it needs a lot of work before it's ready for deployment.
Be easier if it had been broken to be honest, at least we could just be irritated we couldn't get on rather than having a few things work, a lot not work and users trying to find posts in amongst the faded fuzzy font and the maze of ads. What should have been one of the simplest updates in theory, in practice is possibly the biggest **** up we've had.
Old May 8th 2018, 4:43 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Be easier if it had been broken to be honest, at least we could just be irritated we couldn't get on rather than having a few things work, a lot not work and users trying to find posts in amongst the faded fuzzy font and the maze of ads. What should have been one of the simplest updates in theory, in practice is possibly the biggest **** up we've had.
vBulletin might be getting long in the tooth now, but it can do better than this. Actually it's very old, people were wondering if it were dead years ago. Biggest issue with it is you need something a bit more mobile friendly in today's world, able to adapt to different screen sizes. Hell, something like reddit where you can get multiple mobile apps to access the data and present it as you want, with proper threads. They should have been able to do better with a bit of CSS.

And then they went crazy trying to force adverts in everywhere to make money.

I think "Internetbrands" owns vBulletin, which probably means they aren't going to shift or get better. They also have a terrible track record of attempting to sue people who fork off (and losing). In turn they are owned by investment firm KKR who bought them for $1.1bn. Upshot is they are probably cash cowing sites like this, in the knowledge that eventually the mods that keep it running will shift to better locations and it will die entirely. They rely on inertia, not investment.
Old May 8th 2018, 4:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by GarryP
vBulletin might be getting long in the tooth now, but it can do better than this. Actually it's very old, people were wondering if it were dead years ago. Biggest issue with it is you need something a bit more mobile friendly in today's world, able to adapt to different screen sizes. Hell, something like reddit where you can get multiple mobile apps to access the data and present it as you want, with proper threads. They should have been able to do better with a bit of CSS.

And then they went crazy trying to force adverts in everywhere to make money.

I think "Internetbrands" owns vBulletin, which probably means they aren't going to shift or get better. They also have a terrible track record of attempting to sue people who fork off (and losing). In turn they are owned by investment firm KKR who bought them for $1.1bn. Upshot is they are probably cash cowing sites like this, in the knowledge that eventually the mods that keep it running will shift to better locations and it will die entirely. They rely on inertia, not investment.
If they don't fix what's broke, they won't have any Mods that's for sure given they can't do anything at the moment. Supermods have some controls but they're not working well either.
Old May 8th 2018, 5:31 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

If they don't fix what's broke, they won't have any Mods that's for sure given they can't do anything at the moment. Supermods have some controls but they're not working well either.
The benefit of these investment firms is they aren't really interesting in interfering, so they allow people to cash out and still have control.

The problem is that they only really manage by the financial spreadsheet, and if the yield isn't what they expect, they don't ask why, or what should be done, they just cut the money and liquidate what they can. Forums are old hat and as can be seen, people tend to go elsewhere, so their ad revenue (the only bit they care about) tends to go down over time. As such they aren't really investing or caring too much. It's a line in a spreadsheet.

And IIRC they don't pay mods, do they? So about all they will see is ad revenue vs server costs.

Cash cow.