Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Troy has done it again

Troy has done it again

Old Mar 15th 2014, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Troy has done it again

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up. The guy is (or was ) a Liberal loose cannon. This is what reminds me most of the time I spent in Australia, the disregard of the electorate. The police commissioner in this case is a joke in his support of his officers on the night, Colin Barnett has also done his best to hide this incident.

The tough Drink Driving Laws in WA are so tough, that a member of parliament knew he could flout them.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/ca...313-34oyd.html
Old Mar 15th 2014, 4:31 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Troy has done it again

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up. The guy is (or was ) a Liberal loose cannon. This is what reminds me most of the time I spent in Australia, the disregard of the electorate. The police commissioner in this case is a joke in his support of his officers on the night, Colin Barnett has also done his best to hide this incident.

The tough Drink Driving Laws in WA are so tough, that a member of parliament knew he could flout them.

Nobody brought it up because it's boring and we don't give a shit.
Old Mar 15th 2014, 5:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Nobody brought it up because it's boring and we don't give a shit.
+1

CF=0
Old Mar 17th 2014, 8:29 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond

Its WA, no-one should be surprised.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 9:04 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Its WA, no-one should be surprised.
Why should no one be surprised? Does this sort of thing not happen with politicians anywhere else?
Old Mar 17th 2014, 9:40 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why should no one be surprised? Does this sort of thing not happen with politicians anywhere else?
Absolutely but they have perfected it in WA.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 10:15 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely but they have perfected it in WA.
Really? My research (and history lessons at school) tell me the political scandal was perfected in the UK.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 10:20 am
Banned

If that makes you feel better then sure
Old Mar 17th 2014, 10:46 am
Still alive

If that makes you feel better then sure
Why would it make me feel better? Does saying the same about WA make you feel better?

Seriously. Have you lived in WA? Do you have any firsthand experience with WA politics? Or are you just posting for the sake of posting something negative about Australia?
Old Mar 17th 2014, 1:50 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Why would it make me feel better? Does saying the same about WA make you feel better?

Seriously. Have you lived in WA? Do you have any firsthand experience with WA politics? Or are you just posting for the sake of posting something negative about Australia?
Doh, what do you reckon! I find it a tad amusing that these folk think corrupt politicians are exclusive to Australia or WA in this example.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

A prime example is ex PM Tony Blair, nearly bankrupts the UK along with Mr Brown, Now with a good Lawyer Mrs Blair they have amassed a fortune in the region of multi-million pounds, Some of these were dodgy property investments and good advice from a certain Mr Foster
Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:27 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Really? My research (and history lessons at school) tell me the political scandal was perfected in the UK.
Precisely why the Australian parliamentary system is based on the English model..........
Old Mar 18th 2014, 10:25 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Precisely why the Australian parliamentary system is based on the English model..........

I think the real issue here is not that Buswell has actually done this, it's that the police elected not to investigate the issue and reports - more than likely when they spotted that a government plated car was involved.

I suspect that had this been one of the punters from this forum, then an investigation would have been much more quickly forthcoming. I think the commissioner's defence of the officers on the scene is pretty indefensible TBH.

S
Old Mar 19th 2014, 9:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I think the real issue here is not that Buswell has actually done this, it's that the police elected not to investigate the issue and reports - more than likely when they spotted that a government plated car was involved.

I suspect that had this been one of the punters from this forum, then an investigation would have been much more quickly forthcoming. I think the commissioner's defence of the officers on the scene is pretty indefensible TBH.

S
Yes and absolutely nothing to do with the UK regardless of how predictable it was that it would enter the equation. WA is, like it or not, well known for this sort of nonsense.