Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / The Barbie

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Dec 24th 2017, 3:59 am   #61
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,285
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Surely that lift would break all health and safety jumbo the unions have imposed on us.

They only negotiated 8 days? Unions loosing their touch


Unfortunately for your side, the festive season is still well deserved 'time off', for a number of workers. Relax. loosen the collar and tie. Fake a smile and pretend to be a member of Club Human. Less work and pretence of importance and more fun.
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th 2017, 9:32 am   #62
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,532
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Unfortunately for your side, the festive season is still well deserved 'time off', for a number of workers. Relax. loosen the collar and tie. Fake a smile and pretend to be a member of Club Human. Less work and pretence of importance and more fun.
Maybe you need a new job. More happiness. Less grizzling.
Beoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th 2017, 10:54 pm   #63
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,285
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Maybe you need a new job. More happiness. Less grizzling.


Take a chill pill and fell the sand between your toes. Reflect and you'll come, with effort, to the amount of nonsense you have been conditioned with.
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th 2017, 1:50 am   #64
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,532
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Take a chill pill and fell the sand between your toes. Reflect and you'll come, with effort, to the amount of nonsense you have been conditioned with.
Currently on the champagne. The pills are for later. Definately have the sand between my toes, just taking a breather back on that hammock.

Welcome to the world of those who take risks and dictate their own destiny. Let that be a lesson for you
Beoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th 2017, 10:24 pm   #65
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,285
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Currently on the champagne. The pills are for later. Definately have the sand between my toes, just taking a breather back on that hammock.

Welcome to the world of those who take risks and dictate their own destiny. Let that be a lesson for you


If you want risk then jump from a plane with out a parachute or climb a mountain without a harness or walk blind folded in the middle of the road during peak traffic.


The risk you talk about ended with the GFC where everybody else, in one shape or form having to bale you out. Own destiny indeed.
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th 2017, 10:50 pm   #66
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,532
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
If you want risk then jump from a plane with out a parachute or climb a mountain without a harness or walk blind folded in the middle of the road during peak traffic.


The risk you talk about ended with the GFC where everybody else, in one shape or form having to bale you out. Own destiny indeed.
I don't work in money lending therefore far from the risks I am talking about.

Risks come in all shapes and sizes. Putting your own money on the line to in turn make money.

Try it. Grow some nuts rather than bitching and moaning how your lazy arse is finding it ever more difficult to leech off the wealthy.
Beoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th 2017, 11:01 pm   #67
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,285
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
I don't work in money lending therefore far from the risks I am talking about.

Risks come in all shapes and sizes. Putting your own money on the line to in turn make money.

Try it. Grow some nuts rather than bitching and moaning how your lazy arse is finding it ever more difficult to leech off the wealthy.


why its not exactly 'leeching' in the true sense of the word, appropriating the wealth in the hands of a few, amounts to worse. Not that for one instant would I call some one with so much leverage in housing as yourself anything but another victim. Don't need to put my money on the line? How dumb is that? Got more than enough and never inflicted by the greed disease so obviously devouring you in mind, body and spirit.


If you want nuts, do some real 'lifting'. Not a parasitic industry that produces nothing of lasting benefit ......
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th 2017, 1:19 am   #68
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 334
Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

In my career I have dealt with both shit and good unions. At the same time with shit companies and good companies. It comes down to individuals, which unfortunately is not good enough for employees who need consistentency and fairness.

I believe we have provide minimum parameters to keep the bad ones in check. I think the social media will have a bigger part to play in encouragement of good employment practice and discouragement of bad.

Take those ridiculous zero employment contracts - what bean counter made that up? That's just bad business. A better proposition is "annualized hours" - Please take care when googling it one missed click and HR will be at your desk.
Stuck in Auckland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th 2017, 3:07 am   #69
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,532
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
why its not exactly 'leeching' in the true sense of the word, appropriating the wealth in the hands of a few, amounts to worse. Not that for one instant would I call some one with so much leverage in housing as yourself anything but another victim. Don't need to put my money on the line? How dumb is that? Got more than enough and never inflicted by the greed disease so obviously devouring you in mind, body and spirit.


If you want nuts, do some real 'lifting'. Not a parasitic industry that produces nothing of lasting benefit ......
That's very contradictory. On one hand you say you've gained enough (yet still complain tirelessly that you don't) and on the other hand call those with a little more than you greedy.

You are a piece of work it has to be said and the prime example of what true greed really is.

FWIW I have very little in housing but think what you will.
Beoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th 2017, 3:17 am   #70
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,532
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Auckland View Post
I believe we have provide minimum parameters to keep the bad ones in check.
The law is pretty good at doing that. Though the drama queens and unions will have you believe otherwise all for their own benefit of course.
Beoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th 2017, 6:59 am   #71
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,285
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Auckland View Post
In my career I have dealt with both shit and good unions. At the same time with shit companies and good companies. It comes down to individuals, which unfortunately is not good enough for employees who need consistentency and fairness.

I believe we have provide minimum parameters to keep the bad ones in check. I think the social media will have a bigger part to play in encouragement of good employment practice and discouragement of bad.

Take those ridiculous zero employment contracts - what bean counter made that up? That's just bad business. A better proposition is "annualized hours" - Please take care when googling it one missed click and HR will be at your desk.
Of course if corporations and employers in general could be entrusted to do the right thing ....


Various line managers as well of course may abuse the limited power they have against those due to personality clash etc. Unions can certainly assist at times but they are limited to what they can do but do help to keep of power at bay.


Having a safe and secure work place is of course good all round. A work place should not be ruled by fear.


Those that want to crash the unions, usually advocate the abuse of power by the employer, but obviously term it different.


When the workers have more power as in the Wagner Act, it saw the growth of the middle class in America with rights for workers and critically collective bargaining. Obviously good for a society and business alike.


The power is far too one sided in more recent times and 'balance' needs to be restored.
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th 2017, 7:04 am   #72
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,285
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
The law is pretty good at doing that. Though the drama queens and unions will have you believe otherwise all for their own benefit of course.




The law is pretty good at doing what? Certainly not fairness and justice if taking on a corporation. Unions are an integral part of the system. Why should business have the equivalent as well as certain high status white collar workers but not your average wage earner?


Attempting to take an employer to court will prove cost prohibited by most employers.
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th 2017, 7:08 am   #73
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,285
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
That's very contradictory. On one hand you say you've gained enough (yet still complain tirelessly that you don't) and on the other hand call those with a little more than you greedy.

You are a piece of work it has to be said and the prime example of what true greed really is.

FWIW I have very little in housing but think what you will.



I've come to the conclusion you have very little knowledge in economic matters besides being of closed mind.
I never complain, for the record that I don't have enough. I think you will find fault in the inability to consider anyone other than yourself. Some think about the greater good of society.
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th 2017, 9:05 am   #74
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,532
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
I've come to the conclusion you have very little knowledge in economic matters besides being of closed mind.
I never complain, for the record that I don't have enough. I think you will find fault in the inability to consider anyone other than yourself. Some think about the greater good of society.
Isn't that a strange thing to say. I despise the Labor party, a party supported by unions who benefit very few in the population. If I were actually interested in the smaller good of society, Labor would be the one.

The resentment has done you in and warped the mind.
Beoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th 2017, 10:30 am   #75
GarryP 
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs
 
GarryP's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,103
GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
I despise the Labor party
Pretty obvious.

An irrational, unthinking, hatred of a party that has done more for you personally than any other.

You might like to ask yourself, one day, early in the am, why it is you despise so a party that's done you so much good? What is it about your upbringing that lashes out at something you seem barely to understand.
GarryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / The Barbie


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 8:18 pm.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com