Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Suspected terrorist incident UK Houses of Parliament

Suspected terrorist incident UK Houses of Parliament

Old Apr 2nd 2017, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suspected terrorist incident UK Houses of Parliament

Originally Posted by Beoz
What link? Did you respond to the wrong person?
My error, sorry.

I am quite interested about the OP's opinions, who seems adamant that there are Christian terrorist groups or individuals that equate with lslamic terrorists, as I haven't heard of any in recent times. Hard to consider such opinions without any evidence or even evidence pointing towards the possibility there may be hard evidence.

Perhaps this is the problem with "fake news" from both the right and left- are people now more willing to believe "news" that suits their ideology , and therefore less discerning about what they read, as long as they agree with it ?
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
My error, sorry.

I am quite interested about the OP's opinions, who seems adamant that there are Christian terrorist groups or individuals that equate with lslamic terrorists, as I haven't heard of any in recent times. Hard to consider such opinions without any evidence or even evidence pointing towards the possibility there may be hard evidence.

Perhaps this is the problem with "fake news" from both the right and left- are people now more willing to believe "news" that suits their ideology , and therefore less discerning about what they read, as long as they agree with it ?
That's what Garry did. He pulled some obscure article from some obscure website and posted it, without looking at a variety - or perhaps he did look at a variety, it didn't suit his agenda, but decided he would try his luck, hoping everyone would believe the propaganda, and not look for other sources.

The bottom line is, other religions don't kill the non believer and display such bigotry as the extreme element of Islam do.

Not sure why its such a hard topic for the left wing to fathom.
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

That's what Garry did. He pulled some obscure article from some obscure website and posted it, without looking at a variety - or perhaps he did look at a variety, it didn't suit his agenda, but decided he would try his luck, hoping everyone would believe the propaganda, and not look for other sources.

The bottom line is, other religions don't kill the non believer and display such bigotry as the extreme element of Islam do.

Not sure why its such a hard topic for the left wing to fathom.
The link showed that one organization classified a minority of terrorist acts as committed by extremist Muslims, so Gary then jumps to conclusion that therefore Christian groups are largely responsible for the rest without considering who committed the other terrorist acts.

A reasonable debate could be had whether the Muslim terrorism in the USA is as much a threat as it is in Europe especially after Merkel decided to open the floodgates. But Gary hasn't provided one single indication to support the contention he has been arguing- I suspect because if he had to do that, he would have to face reality which doesn't suit the ideological straightjacket the left is in concerning radical Islam.
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

The link showed that one organization classified a minority of terrorist acts as committed by extremist Muslims, so Gary then jumps to conclusion that therefore Christian groups are largely responsible for the rest without considering who committed the other terrorist acts.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/01/christian-terrorist-bissonnette-kills-six-quebec-mosque/

This was the link I was referring to. It does say he was a Christian Terrorist but if you research this guy further, there is no mention of Chrtianity - instead just your run of the mill white supremacist. I suspect this website is just there to put the left wing into a frenzy.

A reasonable debate could be had whether the Muslim terrorism in the USA is as much a threat as it is in Europe especially after Merkel decided to open the floodgates. But Gary hasn't provided one single indication to support the contention he has been arguing- I suspect because if he had to do that, he would have to face reality which doesn't suit the ideological straightjacket the left is in concerning radical Islam.
Yep. I think we all need to be honest with ourselves. First of all you, me, Steve E are not racist people and we shouldn't be shut down with racist taunts by being honest and saying the bad element of Islam are just really really bad. Which they are - there's no real argument or dispute there.

If there's a flow on effect to the good people of Islam then tough titties. Perhaps its time for the good to stand up, mature, bring their religion into this century and control the bad.

This is why we have Trump and Brexit. The general population is sick of being surpressed for telling it how it is.
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/01/christian-terrorist-bissonnette-kills-six-quebec-mosque/

This was the link I was referring to. It does say he was a Christian Terrorist but if you research this guy further, there is no mention of Chrtianity - instead just your run of the mill white supremacist. I suspect this website is just there to put the left wing into a frenzy.

Yep. I think we all need to be honest with ourselves. First of all you, me, Steve E are not racist people and we shouldn't be shut down with racist taunts by being honest and saying the bad element of Islam are just really really bad. Which they are - there's no real argument or dispute there.

If there's a flow on effect to the good people of Islam then tough titties. Perhaps its time for the good to stand up, mature, bring their religion into this century and control the bad.

This is why we have Trump and Brexit. The general population is sick of being surpressed for telling it how it is.
Absolutely right. I've been watching a heap on Tommy Robinson, former leader of the EDL, he's not a racist, he's not a white supremacist but those labels are easier for the regressive left to hurl at him than facing the truth he preaches.

Death threats for him, his wife and his 3 children, all from the religion of peace and its supporters. He called the Westminster incident as a terrorist attack by a Muslim extremist minutes after it hapened, when asked how he knew by some hippy he said 'because my head aint up my arse'

For balance, it's worth mentioning the intimidation and threats he gets from BNP and Extreme right organizations for denouncing them as racist, which they are because they refuse non-white members.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Apr 2nd 2017 at 11:44 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 12:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I am quite interested about the OP's opinions, who seems adamant that there are Christian terrorist groups or individuals that equate with lslamic terrorists,
That's because there aren't any

OP raised this as it fits in with his BE agenda
Old Apr 5th 2017, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://www.news.com.au/national/imam-shaikh-mohammad-tawhidi-wants-some-muslim-schools-shut-down/news-story/ef6292c23f758367117f40bdcd9f4cd1

Need more of these guys. Good thoughts.

Interestingly there are a lot of religious based schools around. Most if which allow the attendance of students who aren't part of that religion.

What about Islamic schools? It may exist, but I have not heard of a non islamic person attending one.