Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Suspected terrorist incident UK Houses of Parliament

Suspected terrorist incident UK Houses of Parliament

Old Mar 22nd 2017, 3:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Suspected terrorist incident UK Houses of Parliament

Police are treating it as a terrorist incident
Live: Palace of Westminster sealed off after shooting - BBC News
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 4:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suspected terrorist incident UK Houses of Parliament

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Scary. Watching at work, so we have six different news channels running which is a bit freaky.

Two dead so far.
One woman pulled alive from the Thames after she fell over the bridge trying to escape.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 5:11 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Scary. Watching at work, so we have six different news channels running which is a bit freaky.

Two dead so far.
One woman pulled alive from the Thames after she fell over the bridge trying to escape.
I can understand the Police treating it as a terrorist incident given the location and the ethnicity of the suspect, but it'll probably come down to him losing control/deliberately running over pedestrians, then stabbing the Policeman when trying to leave the scene. He'll probably already be known to Police.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 6:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
I can understand the Police treating it as a terrorist incident given the location and the ethnicity of the suspect, but it'll probably come down to him losing control/deliberately running over pedestrians, then stabbing the Policeman when trying to leave the scene. He'll probably already be known to Police.
I agree.
They would have to treat it is a possible terrorist incident until proved otherwise. It was the same back in the day when I wirked for the police at home and we had random idiots making bomb threats. They always had to be treated as credible until proven otherwise.

Attacker confirmed as deceased.

Also, sadly the police officer who he attacked has died. Thin Blue Line a little thinner
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm purposely staying away from the subject on facebook, the place is fizzing with people trying to grab a bit of the attention and sympathy. 'I thought about going there once, about 15 years ago ....shudders..... it could so easily have been me', and my favourite 'thoughts and prayers with the families of those affected' Praying got us into this mess in the first bloody place. Rant over
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 9:39 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Praying got us into this mess in the first bloody place.

Old Mar 22nd 2017, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by GarryP

Old Mar 22nd 2017, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter is flying back to London in the next 24 hours from Switzerland. Fortunately she's not worried at all, thought she might freak out as she's traveling alone, but she's fine.

It's horrible, poor families of those injured and killed.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 1:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely a terrorist attack - any other idea is mumbo jumbo and denialism

The UK needs to stop the handwringing and pissing about and arm all police now - Keith Palmer would probably still be alive if he'd had a Glock 17

Get rid of this 1950s, jumpers for goalpost, stiff upper lip British bullshit - the world that they live in today - a world they partly created - is a very different place

RIP Keith, you died doing your duty - unlike the sniveling cowards above you with their failed policies and appeasment
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

LouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
My daughter is flying back to London in the next 24 hours from Switzerland. Fortunately she's not worried at all, thought she might freak out as she's traveling alone, but she's fine.

It's horrible, poor families of those injured and killed.
London is pretty safe, although always wise to stay alert.

I was just in my own bubble today when this came on the news, being an Englishman I was quite upset.

Mindless idiots, what is worse always hurting unsuspecting innocent people who have nothing to do with anything. Sad sad sad.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 1:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu

The UK needs to stop the handwringing and pissing about and arm all police now - Keith Palmer would probably still be alive if he'd had a Glock 17

Get rid of this 1950s, jumpers for goalpost, stiff upper lip British bullshit - the world that they live in today - a world they partly created - is a very different place

RIP Keith, you died doing your duty - unlike the sniveling cowards above you with their failed policies and appeasment
Aye, if he'd have done this inside Westminster he'd have been hailed as a national hero instead.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 7:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I'm purposely staying away from the subject on facebook, the place is fizzing with people trying to grab a bit of the attention and sympathy. 'I thought about going there once, about 15 years ago ....shudders..... it could so easily have been me', and my favourite 'thoughts and prayers with the families of those affected' Praying got us into this mess in the first bloody place. Rant over
I had one friend post that she was fine and hadn't been close by. As far as I'm aware she's hardly left her home town in 10 years. Then I realised she has US relations who probably think Edinburgh is 10 minutes drive from London and were worried.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 8:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I had one friend post that she was fine and hadn't been close by. As far as I'm aware she's hardly left her home town in 10 years. Then I realised she has US relations who probably think Edinburgh is 10 minutes drive from London and were worried.
some of my friends have declared themselves safe, which is nice as they were nowhere near. To me it shows a goulish side to someone's character when they want in on the sympathy that the victims are getting.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 9:00 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

I strongly suspect that will never happen, let's face it the others who were killed would NOT have been saved if the police had been armed, I feel no sympathy for the friends and family of the dead attacker, but for the Police Officer and the two members of the public who lost their lives, and the families and friends of those who were injured, then they have my greatest sympathies. There have been 7 arrests in Birmingham of people connected to the attacker, and the car was hired in Birmingham.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Scariest part of it all is the weapon of choice now is a car or truck.

How is anyone/country/law ever going to stop that.

No doubt set off by the recent events in Melbourne and his memory jogged by London, a guy flying off his face on some substance was ranting how he was going to protect us all on the train from Muslims. .

Getting nasty, very vocal, animaed, agitated, peak hour, train rammed full, nobody was able to move away from him. Not one person of the dozens of races looked at him or commented, heads down, not sure if anyone got it on phone, he was two rows away, he would have seen if I had tried it.

When he got off, looked back into carriage shouting how we will all be grateful to him, hard to tell if just another Melbourne nut job/junkie or a threat to society.

Do you report every nut to Metro/cops though?, you would probably be ringing daily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.