Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Sun dumps Labour

The Sun dumps Labour

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 6:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Sun dumps Labour

Originally Posted by Wol
Hmmm Yes! now let's see, who's been in charge of regulation these last dozen or so years?

Thinks.

Oh yes! Gordon Brown and his well-known right wing views.

Give me a break!
Come off it.....you know that most of the deregulation took place under the tories.

.....and imagine the protest there would have been, by the free marketeers, if labour had tried to reverse it
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
[COLOR="Red"]
To Scottish people and the working classes, she was the devil incarnate and when Scotland didnt vote for her but had to suffer her then bring on independence so it never happens again. FREEDOM FROM THE TORY SCUM.
I would say that the Scottish people had an insight that was so sadly lacking further South.
How anyone can say Britain is a better of nation and society today owing to Thatchers policies is way beyond me.
People warned at the time with regards to future social trends...
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherro
So, assuming the inevitable, and The Torys get to power, do you think it is off the back off the way labour has managed the economy or does Joe public genuniely believe the Conservative party have a better set of policies?

Id say, from my time in the UK recently the complete lack of any real respect for Gordon Brown (and lets face it, he is no charactor like Blair ptiched himself in as initially) and mass immigration has lead to their downfall, especially in the home counties, every i spoke to in London or Essex or Cambridgeshire was fed up with the volume of Romanians, Polish and other EU people setting up shop.

No one ever talks about John Major, I must say, seemed like a nice guy when in school I was forced to watch his political programs, and seeing him on BBC recently he comes across extremely sharp. Ill be honest I was in my teens when he was in power and probably the least interested in politics I have ever been.

Sorry, rambling post, but i reckon people just want labour out, like they did the torys in the mid nineties, the time has come for change and nothing brown or his govt can do will sway that i cant imagine.
John Major did most certainly bring another style in with his leadership.He was calm, unflappable and came across as a genuine and nice guy.
A Torry Harold Wilson,in fact.(probably doesn't mean much to most)
A complete opposite to Thatcher in not being an idealogue.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:15 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
John Major did most certainly bring another style in with his leadership.He was calm, unflappable and came across as a genuine and nice guy.
He also helped shape the path for the peace process in N.Ireland.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:17 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
But it's the same anywhere really. I remember WANTING to vote Labour in 97. For me it wasn't about kicking out the Tories, although that was a nice by-product, it was about voting for an exciting New-Labour.

Same here in Aus. People had been wanting to kick out the Coalition for quite some years too. But Labour kept making p!ssweak attempts at forming a viable opposition. As soon as they got their act together people were willing to make the switch.

I am not sure the Tories have done enough
I hold my head in shame when I say that I voted for "New" Labour in 1997. For pretty much the same reasons as you. But I was duped . Should have listened to my OH - she said it would all end in tears.

But I don't feel ready to support the Tories with David Cameron at the helm... There's something cameleon-like about him.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:19 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Yeah, John is/was definately a good guy of British politics.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:21 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I hold my head in shame when I say that I voted for "New" Labour in 1997. For pretty much the same reasons as you. But I was duped . Should have listened to my OH - she said it would all end in tears.

But I don't feel ready to support the Tories with David Cameron at the helm... There's something cameleon-like about him.
I too voted for 'new' labour in 1997 (was it really that long ago ).

No matter what, I will NEVER vote for the tories.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, John is/was definately a good guy of British politics.
pity he was so useless as a politician then.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:22 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I too voted for 'new' labour in 1997 (was it really that long ago ).

No matter what, I will NEVER vote for the tories.
So did I ....and would do again

It will be a cold day in hell before I would ever vote for a Tory
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Grayling
So did I ....and would do again

It will be a cold day in hell before I would ever vote for a Tory
Indeed

Did you ever watch The New Statesman (Alan B'Stard)

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:28 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Come off it.....you know that most of the deregulation took place under the tories.

.....and imagine the protest there would have been, by the free marketeers, if labour had tried to reverse it
...and how many years would it take before an incumbent government has to take responsibility? Ten, fifty, a thousand?

If we are talking about the financial meltdown, you could see it coming a mile away. The fact than governments all over the world just sat back and wallowed in the feelgood boom speaks volumes for the present generation of politicians.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by isgraham
The fact that the Sun (written for 10 year olds) has influence say's a lot about the general level of intelligence and independence of mind in the UK.
For 10 year olds? I thought it was for people who couldn't read and just bought it to ogle at the p3!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:32 am
Banned

pity he was so useless as a politician then.
That was the problem: He was a good guy.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm neither English or Scottish so I'm staying out of this one
Wonder if perhaps South Africans could manage it better then??
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know if expats are still allowed to vote?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.