Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Sun dumps Labour

The Sun dumps Labour

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Sun dumps Labour

Originally Posted by paulry
Ouch. Having been outside of the UK throughout the 80s, I never realised that there was such anti-Thatcher sentiment in Scotland.
Two different countries and never more evident during the Thatcher years. Closed shipbuilding industry, foisted the hated poll tax a year before England where incidentally there were riots on the streets, unemployment was running sky high but the national average brought it down to around 5 million but with massaged figures showing it at 3. Coal industry shut and she said no pain, no gain. I (ONE) tory seat in the whole of Scotland yet we suffered ten years of the evil sadistic bastard. I feel a thread coming on.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:36 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
Two different countries and never more evident during the Thatcher years. Closed shipbuilding industry, foisted the hated poll tax a year before England where incidentally there were riots on the streets, unemployment was running sky high but the national average brought it down to around 5 million but with massaged figures showing it at 3. Coal industry shut and she said no pain, no gain. I (ONE) tory seat in the whole of Scotland yet we suffered ten years of the evil sadistic bastard. I feel a thread coming on.
....and how many suicides as a result?

She truly was an evil cow of the highest order
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
....and how many suicides as a result?

She truly was an evil cow of the highest order
Hiya hun. Trying to liven things up as theyve been quite boring lately and none other than Mrs T to get the blood going.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:40 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
She wasn't totally popular in England.
Have to admit that the prospect of David Cameron and his lot getting into power again fills me with horror. I remember their messy end the last time around.

I think UKIP will be the best option but The Sun needs to back them first. Definately the UK deserves a new era of politics free of Tory and Labour.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Have to admit that the prospect of David Cameron and his lot getting into power again fills me with horror. I remember their messy end the last time around.

I think UKIP will be the best option but The Sun needs to back them first. Definately the UK deserves a new era of politics free of Tory and Labour.
Oh no I don't agree, I'm in favour of close links with Europe.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:43 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya hun. Trying to liven things up as theyve been quite boring lately and none other than Mrs T to get the blood going.
- Don't get me started on her. Remember the old tunes at Paradise?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:43 am

Me too
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Excuse my ignorance, but are they not English nationalists full of BNP sympathisers.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:52 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse my ignorance, but are they not English nationalists full of BNP sympathisers.
Not sure. I only became aware of them in the run up to the last European elections.

UKIP policies in brief 2009
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

The sun used to be a tory rag in England but in Scotland it supported first the nats then labour as was highlighted in the record many a time.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure. I only became aware of them in the run up to the last European elections.

UKIP policies in brief 2009
Weren't they Kilroy-Silk's lot?
Since I left an 'English Democratic Party' has appeared which may be what Framac is thinking of.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Weren't they Kilroy-Silk's lot?
Since I left an 'English Democratic Party' has appeared which may be what Framac is thinking of.
Sure thats them. Didnt they advertse tantric bouncing or some shit like that
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:15 am
Banned

I would rather the UK was entirely independent from Europe. Trade links yes but political decisions should be for the British alone.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:15 am

Sure thats them. Didnt they advertse tantric bouncing or some shit like that

They are proper loonies
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

[COLOR="Red"]
To Scottish people and the working classes, she was the devil incarnate and when Scotland didnt vote for her but had to suffer her then bring on independence so it never happens again. FREEDOM FROM THE TORY SCUM.
I can understand why you feel so bitter. However now with a devolved Scottish parlament, it's the English who are hard done by and not the Scots, in 2005 Labour would not have won the election had it not been for the Scots voting for them, even though they have their own parlement and own MPs, yet still retain rights to sit in the house of commons. From both sides of the border a break up of the union has been wanted for years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.