sun creams

Old Jun 11th 2006, 4:57 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute
Default sun creams

I wonder if anyone has been on holiday to the US or Canary Islands and bought the suncream that a rep sells at the hotels or welcome meeting?

My sister has a really bad alergy to the sun, the only thing (othr than anti hystermines) is this cream, but unfortunately I can't remember the name of it. Its especially good to help prevent prickly heat, its non greasy and smells fantastic, they usually sell it to include the after sun and the lip salve too, anyone know what I'm rambling on about, ??? or any suggestions of any other Aussie creams that she maybe able to get over the net,
many thanks!
Annette
Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:08 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: sun creams

Originally Posted by soonbethere
I wonder if anyone has been on holiday to the US or Canary Islands and bought the suncream that a rep sells at the hotels or welcome meeting?

My sister has a really bad alergy to the sun, the only thing (othr than anti hystermines) is this cream, but unfortunately I can't remember the name of it. Its especially good to help prevent prickly heat, its non greasy and smells fantastic, they usually sell it to include the after sun and the lip salve too, anyone know what I'm rambling on about, ??? or any suggestions of any other Aussie creams that she maybe able to get over the net,
many thanks!
Annette
try P20 its awesome http://www.p20.co.uk/content/homepage.html its absoultely fantastic caznt strss that enough!!!!
Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:21 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Originally Posted by eljustino
try P20 its awesome http://www.p20.co.uk/content/homepage.html its absoultely fantastic caznt strss that enough!!!!
Yep I'll second that and it really helps prevent my prickly heat. I'm suffering at the moment as I've ran out and can't find any.

You put it on first thing in the morning and wait an hour before going out and that's it. I even use it on my scalp as I have fine hair and it doesn't leave my hair greasy. I have fair skin and never burn when I use it.

Fiona
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:04 am
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fionast
Yep I'll second that and it really helps prevent my prickly heat. I'm suffering at the moment as I've ran out and can't find any.

You put it on first thing in the morning and wait an hour before going out and that's it. I even use it on my scalp as I have fine hair and it doesn't leave my hair greasy. I have fair skin and never burn when I use it.

Fiona

Thats what I told my sis, I use it, because like you I am very fair skinned, but she has an allergy to it (!!!) as my eldest does, but she is very dark skinned, so she doesn't need to worry so much, we bought 'this' suncream in Florida at a welcome meeting, then when we were in Tenerife last December a lady was selling it by the pool ( she was doing a sales pitch twice weekly) its just that we could all use this cream, and it was sold on the grounds that it was for sensitive skins, it doesn't block the pores etc...? but we don't have the bottles anymore, and I would love to introduce this to my sis, I'm sure it would help her
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soonbethere
.... it doesn't block the pores...
..and it doesn't block UVA rays either, that's why you won't get it in Australia.

Look for 'broad spectrum', which blocks UVA and UVB
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:50 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

Originally Posted by young_lad
..and it doesn't block UVA rays either, that's why you won't get it in Australia.

Look for 'broad spectrum', which blocks UVA and UVB

What doesn't the p20 or the one I am after ????
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:56 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Suncreams that contain PABA like P20 are really *not* a good idea!

"In the past, PABA has been widely used as UV filter in sunscreen formulations. However, it has been determined that it increases the formation of a particular DNA defect in human cells, thus increasing the risk of skin cancer in people who lack the mechanisms to repair these cellular defects."

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Para-aminobenzoic_acid

Gina