Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are sub-forums generally substandard to forums?

Are sub-forums generally substandard to forums?

Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:25 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Are sub-forums generally substandard to forums?

Here we go again............................................. ....

Shhoooooodd auld aquaintaince beee feeerrrgooot.......................

Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:42 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Are sub-forums generally substandard to forums?

No.. not if it means i can hide in here and resist the temptation to read peoples queries, go to the effort of finding the info they require, or giving my honest opinion only to be ignored... never mind a thanx! Naaah, i'll hang out in here and be a pain in the arse. Much more fun
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:46 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

This "sub" forum isnt the standard forum and therefore its for the sub-standard BE members, relegated to the second division of the oz lifestyles forum.
The oz lifestyles forum (in case you havent noticed is for australian lifestyles issues such as my best friend died (a horse), what toilet paper to use etc)
This sub forum is about less formal issues, unrelated to the above examples.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:52 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
No.. not if it means i can hide in here and resist the temptation to read peoples queries, go to the effort of finding the info they require, or giving my honest opinion only to be ignored... never mind a thanx! Naaah, i'll hang out in here and be a pain in the arse. Much more fun
I'm with her ^^^ .

There is nothing that pisses me off to the eyeballs more than people who don't even have the courtesy to come back to their own thread & say thankyou when people have taken time to post information for them.

They dont even have to go through each post, just a general "thank you for all the info" would suffice, but some people are so rude that they wont even do that .

I have a couple of people now that I wont bother answering cos I know that I wont get the decency of even an acknowledgement .
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:03 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I'm with her ^^^ .

There is nothing that pisses me off to the eyeballs more than people who don't even have the courtesy to come back to their own thread & say thankyou when people have taken time to post information for them.

They dont even have to go through each post, just a general "thank you for all the info" would suffice, but some people are so rude that they wont even do that .

I have a couple of people now that I wont bother answering cos I know that I wont get the decency of even an acknowledgement .
bladdy wankers, the lot of 'em
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:22 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Thanks for the reply!

Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:45 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Two side to this ....

1. That the aus forum has so many non-aus topic threads that they need to have their own space to have general chats.

2. Having their own 'Lounge' just encourages cliqueness on both sides. Threads that were non-aus topics were moved here......only to die a quick death - partly because some Aus forum posters are too scared/or don't want to come into the Lounge (unlike other country-posters eg US, ME, Canada ) but also because those threads would have the piss taken out of them/taken over.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:45 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul2004
Thanks for the reply!

Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:54 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Two side to this ....

1. That the aus forum has so many non-aus topic threads that they need to have their own space to have general chats.

2. Having their own 'Lounge' just encourages cliqueness on both sides. Threads that were non-aus topics were moved here......only to die a quick death - partly because some Aus forum posters are too scared/or don't want to come into the Lounge (unlike other country-posters eg US, ME, Canada ) but also because those threads would have the piss taken out of them/taken over.

:scared: :scared: Should I come in or not??

Don't mind getting the piss taking out of me, but i HATE cliques
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:57 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Margaret2

Naaah you'll be fine here. we seem to be the excluded from cliques clique. But you'll have to pay a subscription fee.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:58 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes...come in - the more movement between forums the better

(I'm quite often in there - but started out only posting in the Aus forum)
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:59 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Yes...come in - the more movement between forums the better

(I'm quite often in there - but started out only posting in the Aus forum)

But do I have to say thank you all the time
Old Dec 10th 2005, 7:00 am
Banned

Two side to this ....

IMO some of the non oz lifestyles stuff Ive seen has been quite pathetic yet vehemently defended by the mods as relevant to the forum.
The point made was that non oz lifestyles threads were clogging up the forum... I see things a little different since if you've ever started a thread that noone was interested in it quickly moves off page 1. Seeing as its the lifestyles forum one would think that members come for relevant info so why do many non lifestyles issues stay at the top ? Maybe because they are of great interest to many on the forum who while they have an interest in the lifestyles part, they also dont mind some light hearted banter.

Where do you draw the line now we have this forum and some sort of enforcement of the lifestyles forum will need to be meted out to non topic threads. I mean, just about everything you could possibly say in a given thread (as the OP) could be related to Australian life yet not deemed so by the mods so finds its way here.

If this is the case, it wont be too long before the lifestyles forum becomes as boring as the immigration forum, though somewhat informative.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 7:03 am
Banned

But do I have to say thank you all the time

yes please

thankyou
Old Dec 10th 2005, 7:04 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Two side to this ....

I'm quite often in there - but started out only posting in the Aus forum)
I'm gettin dizzy ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.