Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / The Barbie

Old Aug 23rd 2017, 5:05 am   #1006
Card Carrying Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Streaming video - my experience

GOT S07E06 - what a steaming pile 'o shite

Where TF did they get those chains from?

How did they attach said chains to the dragon? Can White Walkers now swim - they certainly couldn't a few hours before........

Big f**k off dragon crashed through the ice to its watery grave but miraculously could then be dragged up onto the same ice without cracking it!

People walk for days through snow and ice but can run back to the wall in a few hours? Maybe they've got teleportation?

S07 is a huge disappointment. Yes, it is technically awesome but the story is pathetic and much of the acting is wooden. John Snow is an annoying cuck

Rant over
Old Aug 26th 2017, 2:42 pm   #1007
Just Joined

Expat IPTV is an unknown quantity at this point

Smart TV in Spain are doing free trials of their Iptv service if any forum members are interested. I am not sure if I am allowed to link to the website on here but they can be found by typing smarttvinspain into your browser.
Expat IPTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th 2017, 12:00 am   #1008
Forum Regular

SilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazulu View Post
GOT S07E06 - what a steaming pile 'o shite

Where TF did they get those chains from?

How did they attach said chains to the dragon? Can White Walkers now swim - they certainly couldn't a few hours before........

Big f**k off dragon crashed through the ice to its watery grave but miraculously could then be dragged up onto the same ice without cracking it!

People walk for days through snow and ice but can run back to the wall in a few hours? Maybe they've got teleportation?

S07 is a huge disappointment. Yes, it is technically awesome but the story is pathetic and much of the acting is wooden. John Snow is an annoying cuck

Rant over
Regarding the white walkers apparently they do swim in the books. The Night King was inflicting psychological terror on Jon & co when he let them escape on Hardhome but not without showing them that he can turn their dead allies into his foot soldiers.
I do not have an answer for the other ermm rants.
Maybe we could have a Game of Thrones thread.
SilviaAlgarve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th 2017, 4:28 am   #1009
GarryP 
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaAlgarve View Post
Regarding the white walkers apparently they do swim in the books. The Night King was inflicting psychological terror on Jon & co when he let them escape on Hardhome but not without showing them that he can turn their dead allies into his foot soldiers.
Hardhome was a fishing village, so it would be no surprise that they would have chains for dragging big boats out of the water. However having them with them would suggest a level of planning, which in turn suggests they were slowly wandering around the area north of the wall, waiting the opportunity to bring down a dragon - which makes sense since it appears to have been key in bringing down the wall.

I do get the feeling that there is some reason they are having to rush the conclusion of the story - from where they are they would need a minimum of 2 seasons, 20 episodes to reach a satisfying solution, and they have 6. Which makes me wonder if contracts limit them, or if they don't have any ideas for anything other than a deus et machina solution. They certainly are evoking the magical transporter a lot - rather than the distances meaning much.

My prediction is the end is going to involve the doing away with magic (in the same way magic coming back created much of the original story). That will get rid of the walkers, but at the same time will also get rid of the dragons, the three eyed raven, melisandre, and Jon Snow - who will cark it in an act of self-sacrifice in the last episode. It's about all they really have time left for, since cersei is still hanging around to be dealt with.
GarryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th 2017, 5:45 am   #1010
Card Carrying Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hear you but we're not reading the books and as stated by the king of cucks in S07, Charlie don't swim

Saying that S07 was pretty good and redeemed the series somewhat - apart from the pathetic and contrived ending
Old Aug 30th 2017, 10:08 pm   #1011
Forum Regular

SilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really niceSilviaAlgarve is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazulu View Post
I hear you but we're not reading the books and as stated by the king of cucks in S07, Charlie don't swim
Jon Snow captured a Wight not a White Waker and I do not know if he mistakenly thinks that they can't swim because they let him get away at the massacre of Hardhome.
The Night King is not impulsive and seems to have a plan to win the upcoming war as we have seen with Viserion the dragon which he turned into a Walker.
I am not disappointed by the series at all and I think that George R. R. Martin should be given a Nobel Prize for Literature- Bob Dylan?
SilviaAlgarve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st 2017, 12:53 am   #1012
BEVS 
BE Site Lead
Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why not.

Stick one up in The Lounge.

I've never seen even one episode of it. but I am sure plenty upon plenty of the good folk of BE have.

After all they watch Great British Bake Off and the like.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:02 am   #1013
Super Moderator

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Why not.

Stick one up in The Lounge.

I've never seen even one episode of it. but I am sure plenty upon plenty of the good folk of BE have.

After all they watch Great British Bake Off and the like.
for a GOT thread in The Lounge.

Please contact me here if you have any site related problems.
Jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:05 am   #1014
GarryP 
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
for a GOT thread in The Lounge.
the series is over for this year, so too late.

Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:13 am   #1015
Super Moderator

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
the series is over for this year, so too late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBqnjMXRcNY
Why is it too late? We can speculate on Series 8.

Please contact me here if you have any site related problems.
Jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:51 am   #1016
GarryP 
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Why is it too late? We can speculate on Series 8.
Maybe, but with only 6 episodes to go, and the writing being much less involved than it was when the books were the guide, it has a certain inevitability as to what going to happen.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 9:54 am   #1017
GarryP 
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Interesting to see that streaming services took home many of the Emmys last night - Hulu, HBO, Netflix - about the only look in for conventional broadcast TV was NBC.

Also good to see Black Mirror: San Junipero won two awards.

Things seem to continue to swing away from the broadcasters ...

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / The Barbie