Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Streaming video - my experience

Streaming video - my experience

Old Jun 12th 2016, 3:38 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Streaming video - my experience

Can you get BBC's iPlayer on the Apple TV 3 or is it only available on the ATV4?
Old Jun 13th 2016, 5:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
Can you get BBC's iPlayer on the Apple TV 3 or is it only available on the ATV4?
You can but it's not native on the Australian version = some mucking around with it will sort it out. Check Google

Another reason to avoid Apple products
Old Jun 13th 2016, 8:41 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You can but it's not native on the Australian version = some mucking around with it will sort it out. Check Google

As if you needed any more

S
Old Jun 14th 2016, 8:42 am

astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out that the app is available for the ATV4.

No reason to avoid Apple products, in fact I've never come across a better device for watching Netflix.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 9:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out that the app is available for the ATV4.

No reason to avoid Apple products, in fact I've never come across a better device for watching Netflix.
So you're saying that BBC iplayer is available without any mods on an Australian Apple TV?

I find that hard to believe

Whichever way you slice and dice it, AFTV is better than ATV
Old Jun 14th 2016, 9:55 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

So you're saying that BBC iplayer is available without any mods on an Australian Apple TV?

I find that hard to believe

Whichever way you slice and dice it, AFTV is better than ATV
Assuming iPlayer is in the Australian Appstore then there should be no problem. If not it will need to be sideloaded. Of course, a smartDNS or VPN will be required.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 10:03 am

You need to use a UK iTunes account to get the app and spoof the IP address via a 3rd party solution to get it running.

Does AFTV work with Getflix?
Old Jun 14th 2016, 10:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Assuming iPlayer is in the Australian Appstore then there should be no problem. If not it will need to be sideloaded. Of course, a smartDNS or VPN will be required.
That's what I was saying

If it was in the Aus App Store it would be a world first

But it's not
Old Jun 14th 2016, 10:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

You need to use a UK iTunes account to get the app and spoof the IP address via a 3rd party solution to get it running.

Does AFTV work with Getflix?
As I thought

I don't use Getflix so don't know if it's available on AFTV
Old Jun 14th 2016, 6:02 pm

If it was in the Aus App Store it would be a world first

But it's not
Why would it be if it's only available for UK residents? What's the problem with setting up a UK iTunes account and downloading a free app? None.

So how do you watch iPlayer/Netflix/Amazon Prime using the AFTV?
Old Jun 14th 2016, 6:57 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Why would it be if it's only available for UK residents? What's the problem with setting up a UK iTunes account and downloading a free app? None.
Agreed, but for iPlayer to work, the BBC will check that the IP used by your iPlayer app is in the UK.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 5:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Battle of the Bastards

Finally, finally a really, really good episode of GOT

This is what it should be about
Old Jun 21st 2016, 5:47 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Battle of the Bastards

Finally, finally a really, really good episode of GOT

This is what it should be about

Yup, all part of the annual journey into piracy...

S
Old Jun 21st 2016, 8:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yup, all part of the annual journey into piracy...

S
I prefer to call it zero-cost redistribution of digital entertainment.....
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 2:15 am
has lost The Game

I prefer to call it zero-cost redistribution of digital entertainment.....

I have no moral problem with downloading TV shows. I am sick to death of studios cancelling decent content after the initial mini series or even worse half way through.

Recently I started getting into Ascension, which was slow to start with, but really picked up, only to discover that it had been cancelled. The list of shows that have suffered similar fates is huge.

When the studios stop treating their fans with contempt, then I may reconsider...

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.