Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Streaming video - my experience

Streaming video - my experience

Old Apr 18th 2016, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Streaming video - my experience

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Series 2 of Bosch is now on Amazon Prime - and it's really good

Series 2 of Catastrophe is also on Prime

Undercover on BBC iplayer looks promising
I watched Bosch season 2. There is some really bad acting in it. Titus Welliver is average. But, the series keeps true to the books in that it doesn't go make the hero out to be some genius. His story is about his commitment to the job and LA is about the corruption in the ranks. Worth watching another Michael Connelly book brought to the screen called 'The Lincoln Laywer'.

I read 11.22.63 last week and was a bit let down by it. Probably won't get to watch the TV series as its on Hulu but the book really ha stop many unanswered questions and also made me feel a bit bad about wanting to time travel. Stephen King is a bit overrated.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 11:17 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Amazon moving Prime Video to be more of a Netflix competitor :

Amazon now lets you separately subscribe to Prime Video for $8.99 per month | TechCrunch

No word of them launching it in Oz, but it's more possible now, and they'll want to make their money back on TopGearski.
Old Apr 19th 2016, 12:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I watched Bosch season 2. There is some really bad acting in it. Titus Welliver is average. But, the series keeps true to the books in that it doesn't go make the hero out to be some genius. His story is about his commitment to the job and LA is about the corruption in the ranks. Worth watching another Michael Connelly book brought to the screen called 'The Lincoln Laywer'.

I read 11.22.63 last week and was a bit let down by it. Probably won't get to watch the TV series as its on Hulu but the book really ha stop many unanswered questions and also made me feel a bit bad about wanting to time travel. Stephen King is a bit overrated.
I'm enjoying Bosch but have not read the books (not a genre that really appeals to me) so have no reference to compare to. The story is certainly very good - if slightly contrived

I'll agree with you about King. He's done some great stuff like Christine, The Stand and Salem's Lot but then there's also crud like Under the Dome (with its unwatchable TV adaptation). Don't know how 11.22.63 compares to the book but the TV series is very good

Have a go at Undercover on iplayer. It's very good - the BBC at the top of its game
Old Apr 19th 2016, 12:35 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I'm enjoying Bosch but have not read the books (not a genre that really appeals to me) so have no reference to compare to. The story is certainly very good - if slightly contrived

I'll agree with you about King. He's done some great stuff like Christine, The Stand and Salem's Lot but then there's also crud like Under the Dome (with its unwatchable TV adaptation). Don't know how 11.22.63 compares to the book but the TV series is very good

Have a go at Undercover on iplayer. It's very good - the BBC at the top of its game

I've been enjoying The Night Manager from the Beeb also. Le Carre knows how to pen a good tale.

I do find King a bit hit and miss also - Though I think that some of his stuff just doesn't translate well onto the screen of any sort. It will be interesting to see what happens with his Dark Tower screen adaptations. Hopefully they won't be as bad as The Stand or Under the Dome.

S
Old Apr 19th 2016, 5:34 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

I've read all the Bosch books, didn't realise there was a TV series - thanks for the heads-up!

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I've been enjoying The Night Manager from the Beeb also. Le Carre knows how to pen a good tale.
Yes, The Night Manager was excellent, should be up for a Bafta next time around
Old Apr 21st 2016, 6:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Two Doors Down on the BBC - hilarious, a Comedy centred around a couple and their insufferable neighbours.

BBC Two - Two Doors Down
Old Apr 21st 2016, 6:08 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Two Doors Down on the BBC - hilarious, a Comedy centred around a couple and their insufferable neighbours.

BBC Two - Two Doors Down

Isn't that the basis of most sitcoms?

S
Old Apr 26th 2016, 9:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Quickflix appoints Ferrier Hodgson as voluntary administrator

So Quickflix is gone

Inevitable really. It must be very difficult to compete with the likes of Netflix and Amazon Prime

Expect more
Old Apr 26th 2016, 9:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by renth

BBC Two - Two Doors Down
I tried this but couldn't get into it

May give it another go
Old May 3rd 2016, 8:58 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Currently enjoying GoT return on HBO Go, along with season 2 of Silicon Valley. Have downloaded the first two seasons of The Americans (based on its extremely high rating on MetaCritic) and enjoyed the first couple of episodes. Also catching up with Black Sails which I have got into late in the day.
Old May 3rd 2016, 10:31 am
Proudly Deplorable

There's some really good stuff coming out of the UK at the moment:

BBC iplayer
Just finished watching the last episode of Line of Duty last night. Top, top TV and they are making a 4th series
Undercover is gripping drama and the actors are brilliant

I really urge people to check these 2 shows out

Sky Atlantic (download)
Series 2 of The Tunnel is good. Story is a bit silly but it's well acted and filmed in very grim parts of the UK and France - which fits in with the story IMO. Clemence Poesy is still super hot too
Old May 3rd 2016, 10:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Hutch
Currently enjoying GoT return on HBO Go, along with season 2 of Silicon Valley. Have downloaded the first two seasons of The Americans (based on its extremely high rating on MetaCritic) and enjoyed the first couple of episodes. Also catching up with Black Sails which I have got into late in the day.
The Americans is very good. I've got to admit, I struggled with series 2 but I believe series 4 is very good

Black Sails is on my to watch list
Old May 24th 2016, 12:10 pm
Proudly Deplorable

New internet speed check tool from Netflix:

fast.com

Compares well to speedtest.net and what my router diagnostics shows
Old May 24th 2016, 12:13 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Just getting into the HBO series Vinyl

Top acting and story

New York in 1973 looked like a scary and awesome place to be - a time before gentrification, AIDS and the nanny state
Old May 24th 2016, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Just getting into the HBO series Vinyl

Top acting and story

New York in 1973 looked like a scary and awesome place to be - a time before gentrification, AIDS and the nanny state
Ive heard good things about Vinyl. Just on the second last episode of Mad Men.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.