Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Streaming video - my experience

Streaming video - my experience

Old Nov 28th 2013, 2:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Streaming video - my experience

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
How the eff do you blokes get all the time to do (and research) this stuff?
(And contribute to BE as well!)
At work of course

I never let work get in the way of fun
Old Dec 5th 2013, 1:28 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Did my own research and ordered one, it's cost just shy of 98 squid - including delivery.

That's "the present to the family" sorted
Arrived yesterday.

...So tempted to open it up and play with it (), but nope, "do not touch" 'til Christmas. Better wrap it up I s'pose...
Old Dec 5th 2013, 10:42 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Arrived yesterday.

...So tempted to open it up and play with it (), but nope, "do not touch" 'til Christmas. Better wrap it up I s'pose...
I've ordered a Roku 3 from the US and one from the UK (the US one costs in USD what the UK one does in GBP )

They are also my Christmas present
Old Dec 6th 2013, 12:15 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I've ordered a Roku 3 from the US and one from the UK (the US one costs in USD what the UK one does in GBP )

They are also my Christmas present
Ganna tray the UK one first...

In that link which I sent to Renth I think it mentioned that a US addy for the US Roku account is needed. Are you prepared for that/do you have a workaround?
Old Dec 6th 2013, 2:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Ganna tray the UK one first...

In that link which I sent to Renth I think it mentioned that a US addy for the US Roku account is needed. Are you prepared for that/do you have a workaround?
I've got a US address - I have close family in Hawaii

I use it for my US Kindle account
Old Dec 6th 2013, 4:12 am
Banned

I've got a US address - I have close family in Hawaii

I use it for my US Kindle account
That's good. I have close family over there too so might do the same if the UK one is good. Please let me know your opinion on the US offering when you've got it all set up.

Interesting about the Kindle. What are the advantages with having the US one?
Old Dec 6th 2013, 7:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Interesting about the Kindle. What are the advantages with having the US one?
US Kindle site has mote choice of books and lower prices. You need a US address and credit card but there is plenty of info online explaining how to do it

I won't post a link as it's slightly illegal
Old Dec 6th 2013, 8:01 am
Banned

US Kindle site has mote choice of books and lower prices. You need a US address and credit card but there is plenty of info online explaining how to do it

I won't post a link as it's slightly illegal
Cool!
Old Dec 6th 2013, 9:55 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Oregon (no state sales tax)
Old Dec 7th 2013, 12:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by renth
I live in Oregon (no state sales tax)
That's a long way to commute
Old Dec 7th 2013, 8:54 am
Banned

Arrived yesterday.

Ah well, the temptation got the better of me and instead of wrapping it up it's all set up. Problem is I seem to have all of the US channels. And it's not live stuff at all. You have to select clips, episodes, movies, etc. No more vegging out on the sofa and watching one programme run into the next. Even Sky News is "on demand" - not really rolling news. I reckon I can get used to it though.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 10:16 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well, the temptation got the better of me and instead of wrapping it up it's all set up. Problem is I seem to have all of the US channels. And it's not live stuff at all. You have to select clips, episodes, movies, etc. No more vegging out on the sofa and watching one programme run into the next. Even Sky News is "on demand" - not really rolling news. I reckon I can get used to it though.
You need Nowhere TV for non-on demand "live" Sky TV. There are quite a few live streams. RT is another that comes to mind.

http://thenowhereman.com/roku/

Last edited by renth; Dec 7th 2013 at 10:18 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 11:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by renth
You need Nowhere TV for non-on demand "live" Sky TV. There are quite a few live streams. RT is another that comes to mind.

http://thenowhereman.com/roku/
Great! Got it now, thanks.
Old Dec 8th 2013, 8:18 am
(It's not my real name)

Great! Got it now, thanks.
MOX is another good channel, if you like weird music.
Old Dec 8th 2013, 12:52 pm
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

The only way to get HBO Go is if you share (for a price) someones login. Have a look at Whirlpool as I think I read about it on there.

Alternatively there is HBO Nordic. Same HBO programs and they have an English language option. I use Unotelly and it is listed on there and I can access it on my computer but not WDTV. Think it was about 10euro p/m. Again Whirlpool has the answers how to get it as I have not signed up.....yet!.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.