Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:50 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Sticky

It's definitely sticky today, a good ramping up of the temp and the humidity noted. Probably to be followed by a storm tonight.

I decided not to be a mad English person and stay out of the mid day sun.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 5:30 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sticky

Originally Posted by annqldau
It's definitely sticky today, a good ramping up of the temp and the humidity noted. Probably to be followed by a storm tonight.

I decided not to be a mad English person and stay out of the mid day sun.
and the storm is now here.....with a vengeance
Old Nov 16th 2008, 5:51 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
and the storm is now here.....with a vengeance
its a banging and a flashin down here

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ20038.html
Old Nov 16th 2008, 5:57 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
its a banging and a flashin down here

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ20038.html
Just had a hell of a torrential downpour here.......even overwhelmed my new gutters

G
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a hell of a torrential downpour here.......even overwhelmed my new gutters

G
Nasty one in a lot of places.
Canungra, Tamborine and Beaudesert seem to have taken a lot of hits - roof damage and trees down. Plus lightning strikes all around the place, The Gap is taking a battering, and its coming over Aspley like an express train.
Can't blame me, I've been asleep all day, but he girl that took over from me at work this morning said she "wanted some stom warnings so it wasn't a boring day.........."
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:18 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Nasty one in a lot of places.
Canungra, Tamborine and Beaudesert seem to have taken a lot of hits - roof damage and trees down. Plus lightning strikes all around the place, The Gap is taking a battering, and its coming over Aspley like an express train.
Can't blame me, I've been asleep all day, but he girl that took over from me at work this morning said she "wanted some stom warnings so it wasn't a boring day.........."
We were in Canungra this afternoon when the storm started so we returned to Brisbane (through Tamborine and Beaudesert).....it followed us all the way.

G
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:24 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We were in Canungra this afternoon when the storm started so we returned to Brisbane (through Tamborine and Beaudesert).....it followed us all the way.

G
Think you got out just in time - the SES are a bit busy down there.

Anyone, who wants to follow the rainfall - Enogerra is currently showing 63mm between 4-5pm.
http://www.bom.gov.au/hydro/flood/qld/qld_metro.shtml
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:12 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing here yet, with any luck it'll miss us this time. Just back from a fantastic day on the water, the bay was glassed out all morning, it picked up a bit this arvo though.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:23 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by cresta57
Nothing here yet, with any luck it'll miss us this time. Just back from a fantastic day on the water, the bay was glassed out all morning, it picked up a bit this arvo though.
Don't speak too soon, there's a band of it heading your way....not as bad as what we got down here, but there may be some strong wind gusts in it
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:12 am
Home and Happy

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...38-952,00.html

and

Batten down your hatches Sean, you spoke too soon.....
Attached Thumbnails Sticky-idr662.gif  
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:19 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

and

Batten down your hatches Sean, you spoke too soon.....

Been watching it for a couple of hours they're going around us at the moment. Nice light show for the outlaws though, they're sitting outside watching the whole thing. I may go sow my grass seed now
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:41 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by cresta57
Been watching it for a couple of hours they're going around us at the moment. Nice light show for the outlaws though, they're sitting outside watching the whole thing. I may go sow my grass seed now
Looksm like you should be gettng some rain at least - did you get the grass seed in?
Old Nov 16th 2008, 4:14 pm
Home and Happy

Hope everyone came through relatively unscathed - The Gap, Keperra, Ferny Grove and Moggill got hit hard, along with other western suburbs. Believed to be one of the most savage storms to hit Brisbane in 10 years.
Huge areas have no power until tomorrow at least, and numerous roads are blocked with trees. Rail line is shut between Ferny Grove and Mitchelton, so that'll be fun in the rush hour

The SES were out till around midnight, and have 100s of jobs already lined up for the morning, and will have support from crews from other areas of the State.

Big hugs (when they can read this!) to my mates in The Gap who are surrounded with fallen trees and have water dripping through the roof.

And my bit of public relations stuff - take note, cos a bit of preparation can make life easier -
Emergency Management Queensland advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.

* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:00 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everyone came through relatively unscathed - The Gap, Keperra, Ferny Grove and Moggill got hit hard, along with other western suburbs. Believed to be one of the most savage storms to hit Brisbane in 10 years.
Huge areas have no power until tomorrow at least, and numerous roads are blocked with trees. Rail line is shut between Ferny Grove and Mitchelton, so that'll be fun in the rush hour

The SES were out till around midnight, and have 100s of jobs already lined up for the morning, and will have support from crews from other areas of the State.

Big hugs (when they can read this!) to my mates in The Gap who are surrounded with fallen trees and have water dripping through the roof.

And my bit of public relations stuff - take note, cos a bit of preparation can make life easier -
Emergency Management Queensland advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.

* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=666599

luckily we didnt get the full brunt of this one
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Hi guys if you need shelter i have a large barn its not much but may help someone, i think its give another one for thursday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.