Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:46 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by 3littlefigs
How long did the Visa take?
Has only been 4 weeks since applying. Guess no news is good news.
2 weeks......but I frontloaded meds and police checks...have you? C x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

3littlefigs will become famous soon enough

Yeah police checks done and Meds. all went in together. Kids all dual. so just hubby. Where you scared to move? or did it just seem the right thing?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:55 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah police checks done and Meds. all went in together. Kids all dual. so just hubby. Where you scared to move? or did it just seem the right thing?
Have'nt gone yet!!!! and Im terrified...but hey if we dont try we'll never know will we?
Did you send application to London? Have you had a confirmation from them? C x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah had conf. they asked for more stuff. like proof the children where his. So done that and has been 3 weeks since they got that. Hows the house selling going. we are on the market but no visa. may end up homeless. No only joking more worried that we won't sell. You? How did you go about choosing a school for the little ones? Minefield. Nothing like making life hard.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah London.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

OH just reminded me of time. Up in a couple of hours with the baby. Thanks for the chat. D x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:09 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Yeah London.
You could drop them an e-mail to see how the application is going, the address is on the Website www.immi.gov.au if you did it know they would probably reply tomo. Or was there a contact on your letter/e-mail asking for more info?
Got to go now as im shattered....but will be back tomo. C x
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelH
Hi Jenny - whereabouts in Brissie are you?...
Hi Rachel, I'm in Zillmere on the northside. We've been here nearly 2 years now, and loving it.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:20 am
Account Closed

Dried Graze is an unknown quantity at this point

Mmmm, an all female thread eh? Will I be victimised and persecuted if I joined in? I think I have all the qualifications other than the fact that I'm not a girly
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Hi Tearose and 3littlefigs!

And of course hello to Dried Graze - tell us more about yourself!!

3littlefigs - I also have twin boys and a girl, my boys are 2 years and 3 months and baby girl is 11 weeks on Wednesday!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Right as there is so many of us now I have done a round-up! Then when someone new joins us they can copy and paste and add themselves in!

Going to Queensland

RachelH latest January 08, heading for northern suburbs Brisbane.
Shiels (Claire), May 07?? heading for Tallebudgera Valley, Gold Coast.
Kristyhans, not sure when?, heading for northern suburbs, Brisbane.
Munchmel, August 07, heading for Sunshine Coast.
Scubaemma, Summer 08, heading for Brisbane (Bulimba area)
Sasswa, by end 2007, heading for Wynnum/Manly.
Thepomandozzy (Tracey), not sure when?, heading for northern Brisbane

Going to Perth

Phoenix UK - going asap!

Going to Melbourne
TEarose - asap!

Going to Canberra

3littlefigs, heading off in May time?

Already there.......

Mattand jenny in Brisbane (Zillmere)
Ipom in the Blue Mountains
Moneypen on the Gold Coast
Teliko 21 in Melbourne
Dried Graze in Bendigo

Any mistakes - my apologies!!!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

ClareW will become famous soon enoughClareW will become famous soon enough

Hi. I'm Clare. English married to an Aussie with two dual citizenship kids. We've been in Australia for 16 months - living in Sandgate, north Brisbane - loving it, loving it, loving it.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:46 am
Account Closed

I'm 39, handsome, Welsh and single (only one of these is a lie). I'm a fully qualified, over-worked and under-paid Domestic Technician/Engineer (I stay at home and look after the house and our 5 children while the wife goes to work in an air-conditioned office) although I have just been offered a way to relieve some of the daily grind by working and getting paid for it! I know! What an idiot the guy must be, I would have done it for nothing if it meant getting away from those wretched kids for a few hours.

Seriously though, I have been a stay at home dad for some years since winding up my web and graphic design business. We moved from West London to Bendigo last September on a 457 and we are very happy with our decision, especially as the kids are so happy. We are currently applying for PR.

In the little spare time I get I run a couple of forums. One for parents to discuss parenting (funnily enough) and the other for anyone who might be interested in discussing Bendigo (although nobody seems to want to).

I'm not having a mid-life crisis but I am buying my first motorbike this week.

There now follows a short period of questions by 'The Circle' after which I will be available for autographs........thankyou.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

HI Clare - glad you love Brissie! Tell me what living in Sandgate is like, my hubby would like to be near water if poss.....is it a long drive into the city and are the houses reasonable? Adn what about the schools?? My kids are years off school but its always good to know. Whereabouts in the UK were you from?

Dried Graze - I am guessing that the lie is that you are single! How many of the 5 kids do you have to look after on a daily basis - sounds tough!! I struggle with 3!!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by RachelH
Dried Graze - I am guessing that the lie is that you are single! How many of the 5 kids do you have to look after on a daily basis - sounds tough!! I struggle with 3!!
I walk them all to school and pick them up but only have our 16 mo at home during the day so it's not like I'm bogged down. Evening mealtime is when the house is at it's most mental. It's manic for a couple of intense hours with homework, meals, baths and bed and it's only after I've dismissed new wierd and wonderful excuses as to why they think they shouldn't be going to bed/sleep, that I can start to relax a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.