Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Soldier hacked to death in London

Soldier hacked to death in London

Old Feb 26th 2014, 9:34 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soldier hacked to death in London

Originally Posted by Shard
Mr Gottlieb said Adebolajo was "not so depraved or wicked that he is incapable of redemption", saying the murder "shares the characteristics of a religiously aggravated crime".

I wonder if that is genuinely his view or if it is part of the charade he must undertake to give the impression that justice is impartial. Absolute nonsense.
Thing is, he's probably right. They've got reved up on the idea of 'fighting for their people' as well as 'making their mark' - the usual thing that turns young men into killers you can control. Eventually they will grow up some, understand the b*ll*cks they have been fed - and will likely change their PoV. No idea if they will be able to rationalise their murder, or accept their guilt, but the possibility is there.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 9:34 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
In this case they wanted summary justice, which is why they ran at armed police while still carying the knives etc and a gun, they wanted the police to shoot and kill them then they would have become martyrs, and enjoyed the 75 virgins awaituing them. Unfortunately, for them, the police only wounded them in the leg, Summary justice in this case was exactly what they were after.
That's ridiculous, they are only allotted 12 virgins, so even if you combine their bounty, it would amount to only 24. Are you suggesting there were 4 accomplices to bring the virgin count up to 72 (and then rounding to 75)?

Happy for them to get their martyrdom and save the massive public expenditure to try and keep them. Also save that poor child the remorse he will come to feel.

By summary justice I didn't (necessarily) mean for the police to shoot them on the spot, not that I would have a problem with that, but to say dispatch them within 24 hours.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

That's ridiculous, they are only allotted 12 virgins, so even if you combine their bounty, it would amount to only 24. Are you suggesting there were 4 accomplices to bring the virgin count up to 72 (and then rounding to 75)?

Happy for them to get their martyrdom and save the massive public expenditure to try and keep them. Also save that poor child the remorse he will come to feel.

By summary justice I didn't (necessarily) mean for the police to shoot them on the spot, not that I would have a problem with that, but to say dispatch them within 24 hours.
Never quite understood the incentive about virgins. In my one and only time with a virgin I have to say it wasn't that pleasant.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 9:39 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Thing is, he's probably right. They've got reved up on the idea of 'fighting for their people' as well as 'making their mark' - the usual thing that turns young men into killers you can control. Eventually they will grow up some, understand the b*ll*cks they have been fed - and will likely change their PoV. No idea if they will be able to rationalise their murder, or accept their guilt, but the possibility is there.
They may. They may also choose to become a suicide bomber or become hate teachers. We don't know. My point is that their crime is so horrific and indisputable that I don't care. Rapid execution please.

How many hundreds of thousand are we going to have to pay to look after these killers. Why is it worth it? Why are their lives worth saving.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 9:41 pm
me/moi

Originally Posted by Beoz
Never quite understood the incentive about virgins. In my one and only time with a virgin I have to say it wasn't that pleasant.
Indeed. One of many incoherences of Islam. And even if virginity were that prized, why would a man want a dozen virgins at one time? I suppose it relates to control of women, a major theme in that particular religion.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Eventually they will grow up some, understand the b*ll*cks they have been fed - and will likely change their PoV. No idea if they will be able to rationalise their murder, or accept their guilt, but the possibility is there.

Do you actually believe that Garry?

That they will just grow up and 'pass this phase'?
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:04 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Do you actually believe that Garry?

That they will just grow up and 'pass this phase'?
It does seem to be the case.

Thing to realise is, they aren't insane. When people have studied terrorists in jail, they have come out as sane. The problem is they have got sold an idea, a line, and bought into it completely. It's all consuming, and they are kept within what is basically a cult. That's why they'll go so far as to blow themselves up.

And the non-politically correct point is; it's pretty much the same technique, the same story, that the military uses to form and fire-up soldiers for war.

More mature reflection in older heads is that these stories are all cr*p.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

My point is that their crime is so horrific and indisputable that I don't care. Rapid execution please.

Exactly!

They are pure evil. They hacked an innocent man to death in broad daylight whilst men, women and children stood alongside. I can not begin to comprehend that there are people out there who believe they could/should be rehabilitated.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thing to realise is, they aren't insane.

Precisely! And that's why they should be dealt with accordingly.

Garry, your laid back , liberal attitude I just don't agree with, sorry.

I'm not sure if it's your age or what but I can't understand how you can be so nonchalant about such matters.

I just don't understand how anybody can try and justify what these men did.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:26 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Precisely! And that's why they should be dealt with accordingly.

Garry, your laid back , liberal attitude I just don't agree with, sorry.

I'm not sure if it's your age or what but I can't understand how you can be so nonchalant about such matters.

I just don't understand how anybody can try and justify what these men did.
You are making a jump from 'understand' to 'justify' - and in doing so building yourself a strawman. Butchering an easy target like that cannot be justified. It can be understood though, and it vital it is - because you can't stop it unless you can understand where it comes from. Which, BTW is why I've done the research on this in the past - I needed to understand the drivers for a piece of work I was doing.

And it's not a 'laid back', 'liberal' attitude - it's being realistic and measured and applying the same moral standards, dispassionately. If anything failing to do this is the root of the problem of the response to the al qaeda cult - they WANT a passionate, violent, response - it serves their interests.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Explain why you cannot say that ? Why in cases which are irrefutable, which are 100% beyond doubt, which are fact, and where the nature of the crime is horrific that there cannot be summary justice. Where's the problem?
Because nothing is ever 100% beyond doubt.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

You are making a jump from 'understand' to 'justify' - and in doing so building yourself a strawman. Butchering an easy target like that cannot be justified. It can be understood though, and it vital it is - because you can't stop it unless you can understand where it comes from. Which, BTW is why I've done the research on this in the past - I needed to understand the drivers for a piece of work I was doing.

And it's not a 'laid back', 'liberal' attitude - it's being realistic and measured and applying the same moral standards, dispassionately. If anything failing to do this is the root of the problem of the response to the al qaeda cult - they WANT a passionate, violent, response - it serves their interests.

I don't believe anybody is capable of stopping Al-Qaeda simply by trying to understand them. They need to be dealt with, swiftly and harshly.

Of course they want a response, they want a major war with the west, they want media attention and to be glorified throughout the world.

And that's why we need to deal with them in the correct manner and one they won't expect.

These guys don't deserve to be understood. They deserve to be wiped off the face of the planet and sooner the better for the sake of my children and my future grandchildren.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:41 pm
me/moi

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Because nothing is ever 100% beyond doubt.
How about gravity?
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:52 pm
me/moi

It can be understood though, and it vital it is - because you can't stop it unless you can understand where it comes from. Which, BTW is why I've done the research on this in the past - I needed to understand the drivers for a piece of work I was doing.
What makes you thinks you can stop something by "understanding where it comes form"? From what your saying the "where it comes from" is already understood - a cult, al reaction to Western imperialism, disenfranchisement in the UK, whatever, the causes can be identified. But they can't be stopped, at least in the short term.

So what you're really saying is these men should be absolved of responsibility because some greater power took control of their mind. And because you don't want to recognise the responsibility of the individual, you want society to divert scarce resources in keeping these evil men alive. Hard to fathom.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:56 pm
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beoz
.....Thats virgin..........on the ridiculous

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.