Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

So how do I make pictures display in my posts? (I have them on my PC!)

So how do I make pictures display in my posts? (I have them on my PC!)

Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:07 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default So how do I make pictures display in my posts? (I have them on my PC!)

Firstly I have to say!

I've spent bloody over 2 hours on these post's ok!! ... for anyone who thinks I'm just a 'post a photo' ****in geek (and they do!) who likes to 'show off!' .... OK!!!! (I've been told via email!!)

I do THIS shit to 'help out' ok! .... I DON'T do it to 'show off!!'

Ok, got that out the way!

(Posting this in a few places so soz if you've seen before)

Answer is here, and not as hard as you 'might' think.

Print this page off, do the signup bit and sit down with 15 mins spare. All it'll take.

Firstly, go to www.imagecave.com and sign up.

There is 'many' places you can host (make them available to the web) your pics inc good ole BE, but I also use Imagecave. Another is www.putfile.com and they also allow sound files (nooooooo! ... lol), and Video Clips too! A Google search for 'image hosting' will return millions of pages I'm sure, but I've used Imagecave for a while and they've never gone down ...

Nor has BE, but to be honest aint 100% on their allowance for standard members and don't wanna go tellin ppl to host pics when they might not be able to!

Anyway, for today's post I will use Imagecave for my examples.

So you've now signed up with Imagecave, and are ready to go? (no? ... then sort it out!! ... ) .... oh only if you want piccies in your posts.

Firstly, a few pointers on how to work Imagecave.

Simple really. Once you log on to www.imagecave.com you will see a thumbnail of your pics (if any), plus a few tabs (buttons) across the top part of the screen. All your interested in for now is either 'add pics' or 'Albums'.

All you need to know is how to upload your pics, and how to view and use them!

To upload them, click on 'add pics' ... ...lol, but it might not be that obv!! You'll get a screen with boxes and you can 'browse' your PC for the pic / pics, and a button below to upload em!

Now you have them uploaded and when you click on 'Albums' you get a thumbnail picture of your pic! Now click on that, and a new page will open with the full sized pic (this is the actual webpage that is hosting the pic, you can give this address to anyone and if they input it into their browser, they'll see it!!!)

Now highlight the web address (a single click in the box will do) and right click and 'copy' or Ctrl & C (same thing)

Now the interesting bit.

In your post in BE you'll see a little box above the box where you type your post in and it'll look like some mountains. Hover curser over and a box should appear saying 'Insert Image' ..... aha!

Sooooooo, wherever you want your pic to appear, simply click on this box and a new box appears above and you want to add that address from Imagecave you copied earlier! Either right click in that box and 'paste' or Ctrl & V (same thing!) and away you go with your post!

Easy? ....... no? ........ well try again and once you grasp it, you'll be off.

Remember, you can 'preview' before you post so there's no worry of the post coming out WITHOUT the actual pic! ...

Why do this post?

Well cos I keep seeing posts where people 'attach' an image to their post and the thing is on their PC!!! , it could be hosted and inserted properly, inserting the pic is just ....... well, so much better I'm sure everyone will agree!

Plus I like to help, contrary to 'some' ppl's belief!

A BIG bonus with Imagecave you can 'resize' the picture! ... I'm tipping it now with the xmas booze ...lol, but if sober enough I'll do a bit on the resizing via Imagecave after ...

DON'T NEED TO READ THIS BIT! ... (geek speak)

I'm sure at some point a Mod is reading this and thinking 'here goes the bandwidth!' but I'm sure a properly hosted 650 x 488 pic is better than an attached image of say 3024 x 2016 bouncing open all the time!

I hope so anyway!

Be gentle if not ...

To be continued! ...
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:09 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: So how do I make pictures display in my posts? (I have them on my PC!)

To Resize pics!!

Ok, prob more important than the actual posting of the pics is the size!!

A massive pic takes your poor ole internet longer to load (especially ppl on Dial Up!) and is just a waste!

Sooooo, get the pic size right to start!

I could be wrong here, but I personally think a pic size of 650 x 488 is ideal!

Could be wrong!

Anyway, I've always used this and NEVER had a complaint!

(Boring bit, skip onto 'Oh hello' as techi crap )

650 x 488 running a 1024 x 768 is ideal I think. 800 x 600 fills the BE page better (if runnin a 1024 x 766 res) but I don't want to FILL the page with my pic!! 650 x 488 seems just right for me at 1024 x 768 and I take it that is pretty much 'average' resolution ?!? ... I dunno,. but can't be far wrong surely?!

(Oh hello!! ... )

Ok, so your picture is now uploaded to Imagecave, and you see the 'thumbnail pic' , click on it and get a 'full sized ' pic??

No?? ..... err ..... you should have!

Err ...... go back to prev post and try again! ...

If you have this, then the pic is 'hosted' on the net, and we can now resize the damm thing!!

Go back to the 'Albums' page where you have all your 'thumbnail' pictures.

Now pick the pic you wanna change the size of (by putting a tick in the box next to it) and click on 'Modify Image' and then in the 'Width' put 650 and click on 'Create New JPG Image'

Imagecave will kind of reboot, and you'll be back with the list of 'Thumbnails' but now you'll have the original, plus a 'copy' that is the resized image.

Delete the original as the new one you've just created is fine! ...

I'm seeing 2 of everything now ...lol, so callin it a day, but if you want a small pic, avatar size, then when resizing just put either 65 for 'standard' members in the 'width' or 80 for 'premium' members and you should end up with the ideal size pic!!!

If not, then ...... err ...... sorry but I tried!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:17 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So how do I make pictures display in my posts? (I have them on my PC!)

Originally Posted by Paul2004
To Resize pics!!

Ok, prob more important than the actual posting of the pics is the size!!

A massive pic takes your poor ole internet longer to load (especially ppl on Dial Up!) and is just a waste!

Sooooo, get the pic size right to start!

I could be wrong here, but I personally think a pic size of 650 x 488 is ideal!

Could be wrong!

Anyway, I've always used this and NEVER had a complaint!

(Boring bit, skip onto 'Oh hello' as techi crap )

650 x 488 running a 1024 x 768 is ideal I think. 800 x 600 fills the BE page better (if runnin a 1024 x 766 res) but I don't want to FILL the page with my pic!! 650 x 488 seems just right for me at 1024 x 768 and I take it that is pretty much 'average' resolution ?!? ... I dunno,. but can't be far wrong surely?!

(Oh hello!! ... )

Ok, so your picture is now uploaded to Imagecave, and you see the 'thumbnail pic' , click on it and get a 'full sized ' pic??

No?? ..... err ..... you should have!

Err ...... go back to prev post and try again! ...

If you have this, then the pic is 'hosted' on the net, and we can now resize the damm thing!!

Go back to the 'Albums' page where you have all your 'thumbnail' pictures.

Now pick the pic you wanna change the size of (by putting a tick in the box next to it) and click on 'Modify Image' and then in the 'Width' put 650 and click on 'Create New JPG Image'

Imagecave will kind of reboot, and you'll be back with the list of 'Thumbnails' but now you'll have the original, plus a 'copy' that is the resized image.

Delete the original as the new one you've just created is fine! ...

I'm seeing 2 of everything now ...lol, so callin it a day, but if you want a small pic, avatar size, then when resizing just put either 65 for 'standard' members in the 'width' or 80 for 'premium' members and you should end up with the ideal size pic!!!

If not, then ...... err ...... sorry but I tried!
You alright mate???
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lionheart
You alright mate???
Yeah thanks Tom or whatever your name is! ... (prev thread! ... lol)

Sorry, just been on the damm PC for ****in yonks typing up this bastard post and I've had 2 shitty emails come thru to an email address I ONLY use for Be so KNOW it's come thru here!

I've been on the sauce tonight and ..... oh I dunno! ...

I dunno, I only want to bloody help but on the quiet I get some shite!

I dunno if it's the pics I post, or the bloody stupid smily faces I gather here and there , ......

Oh I dunno.

WHATEVER! ....... my daughter tells me, so goin with that one ...

WHATEVER!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:36 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah thanks Tom or whatever your name is! ... (prev thread! ... lol)

Sorry, just been on the damm PC for ****in yonks typing up this bastard post and I've had 2 shitty emails come thru to an email address I ONLY use for Be so KNOW it's come thru here!

I've been on the sauce tonight and ..... oh I dunno! ...

I dunno, I only want to bloody help but on the quiet I get some shite!

I dunno if it's the pics I post, or the bloody stupid smily faces I gather here and there , ......

Oh I dunno.

WHATEVER! ....... my daughter tells me, so goin with that one ...

WHATEVER!
I wouldn't worry about it. I posted loads of photos from the last 5 years recently which were on an old computer. I'm surprised no-one took the piss. Give them shit back whoever it is. I'm off outside for a smoke and a Tetleys English ale myself.
The name is Tom. I'll reply to the other thread
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:39 am
Account Closed

Aaaaaaanyway, if you feel this post helped, tehn the blue lil box in the left hand corner ...... oh only jesting! ...lol

I'd BY FAR more appreciate either a 'thanks, it worked' in here, or PM is fine ...

If ONE person gets it, I feel I've helped and that's what it's all about ...

If 0/0 .... then I resign!

Bye

Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:40 am
Banned

Aaaaaaanyway, if you feel this post helped, tehn the blue lil box in the left hand corner ...... oh only jesting! ...lol

I'd BY FAR more appreciate either a 'thanks, it worked' in here, or PM is fine ...

If ONE person gets it, I feel I've helped and that's what it's all about ...

If 0/0 .... then I resign!

Bye

How do I make pics smaller and then put them on BE
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:44 am
Account Closed

The name is Tom. I'll reply to the other thread
I know ...

(bout the bloody only one I do! ...lol)

Ahhh ..... it's just .... oh .... such personal stuff! ....

I reply but get sommit like 'member / user ... (can't think of exact now) unknown, so have to guess it was a 'made up quicky' username as their ISP and it was deleted after! .. but whatever! ... they never get back after I reply ...

WHAT did you say? ... ...lol

Enjoy the snout! ...
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:50 am
Account Closed

How do I make pics smaller and then put them on BE
post 2 of this thread WILL help, and allow you to put the pic 'in' your post.

Tom, I spent a long time goinm thru this lot to make sure it made sense. I apppreciate not eveyone is as PC friendly as I am (and I'm no pro! .... ask Syllk ... . but I like to think if you print it off, take to the bog for a dump (good 20 mins) and return, you'll; have it! ...
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:52 am
Account Closed

or there is MANY alternative software packages which will 'resize' your pics.

If you have a digital camera, it prob came with something that'll do it!

OR .... PM me and I'll give you my email and do it for you.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:01 am
Banned

or there is MANY alternative software packages which will 'resize' your pics.

If you have a digital camera, it prob came with something that'll do it!

OR .... PM me and I'll give you my email and do it for you.
Thanks Paul,
I've got Picture It and that works. Cheers mate
Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

thanks paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you okay Paul - you sounded a bit upset earlier mate

The Barbie girls luv ya xxxx