Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Singapore air - online check-in?

Singapore air - online check-in?

Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all
Default Singapore air - online check-in?

I just rang the airline with a couple of baggage queries, and they lady I spoke to suggest that I do the online check-in 48 hours prior to flying. Then we would only need to arrive 90 minutes before not 3 hours. Has anyone done this? I feel a bit nervous about arriving too late!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore air - online check-in?

Originally Posted by Flixy
I just rang the airline with a couple of baggage queries, and they lady I spoke to suggest that I do the online check-in 48 hours prior to flying. Then we would only need to arrive 90 minutes before not 3 hours. Has anyone done this? I feel a bit nervous about arriving too late!
I would definitely do the online check-in. You can choose your seats then and your meals. And you won't have to queue too long at the check-in counter.

But I would still arrive three hours before the flight, because the security checks take so long (that's after the baggage check-in, where they check your passport, your hand luggage, you have to take off your shoes etc - you can easily spend over an hour in *that* queue).
Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:45 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

We got sent back to the checkin at Singapore because our online printed boarding cards hadn't been stamped by the desk when we handed in our bags, FYI.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
I would definitely do the online check-in. You can choose your seats then and your meals. And you won't have to queue too long at the check-in counter.

But I would still arrive three hours before the flight, because the security checks take so long (that's after the baggage check-in, where they check your passport, your hand luggage, you have to take off your shoes etc - you can easily spend over an hour in *that* queue).
I forgot to add that I already booked our seats and meals when I booked the flights. The lady I spoke to said that I would pick up my boarding cards at the online check-in, but when I look on the website there is the option to print them? Our printer is currently on it's way to Oz in the container
Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Do you have a USB memory stick that you are taking with you?
Put the boarding cards on that and go to Staples or printers and ask them to do it.

Good luck, and a smooth flight for you both.

Don't forget to do an update from Singapore to tell us how the flight was so far.

p.s. we are flying Virgin London to Sydney on May 2nd - just got to get Adelaide now.

Johnnyyt
Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, mad panic to get to a computer 24 hours before, it wasnt 48 hours I dont think ?

Whatever it was it made checking in at airport very smooth.

We had been warned finding seats for 3/4 people together would be hard and sure enough entire rows of seats were very limited, more odds and ends, despite being on line as it opened.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:22 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Yeah, mad panic to get to a computer 24 hours before, it wasnt 48 hours I dont think ?

Whatever it was it made checking in at airport very smooth.

We had been warned finding seats for 3/4 people together would be hard and sure enough entire rows of seats were very limited, more odds and ends, despite being on line as it opened.
We selected our seats when we booked our flights and there wasn't a lot of choice of 4 together then so I would imagine you would have diddlys chance just before departure.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
We selected our seats when we booked our flights and there wasn't a lot of choice of 4 together then so I would imagine you would have diddlys chance just before departure.

Yep, and you can only pick seats at time of booking if you buy on line with singapore air, we bought through travel agent hence the 24 hour whats left lottery. Lucily we were OK.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Do you have a USB memory stick that you are taking with you?
Put the boarding cards on that and go to Staples or printers and ask them to do it.

Good luck, and a smooth flight for you both.

Don't forget to do an update from Singapore to tell us how the flight was so far.

p.s. we are flying Virgin London to Sydney on May 2nd - just got to get Adelaide now.

Johnnyyt
Thanks for the tip!
Martin flew Virgin to Sydney when he went to do his AQF3, he was happy with the service.
I will try and do an update at Singapore but we only have an hour and 3qtrs stopover!
Good luck in Adelaide, hopefully we will get there one day!
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Yep, and you can only pick seats at time of booking if you buy on line with singapore air, we bought through travel agent hence the 24 hour whats left lottery. Lucily we were OK.
Phew! I was starting to panic that the seats I had booked would be gone as there are 4 of us, I did book them last July!
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to add except YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You deserve this hun. You worked long and hard and it's all come good.

BTW we have always used on line check in and had trouble free checkins - but we haven't flown Singapore so can't say anything specific.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Nothing to add except YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You deserve this hun. You worked long and hard and it's all come good.

BTW we have always used on line check in and had trouble free checkins - but we haven't flown Singapore so can't say anything specific.
Thanks FA! It's been a long time coming! I still don't believe we are going!
Hope to see you one day in Adelaide x
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:24 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Travel Agents ... Hmmm ...

A note to anyone Oz-bound looking to use Flight Centre ... don't ... if you:

1) Have a baby
2) If you want a basinette seat and be assured it's booked for all legs
3) If you don't want to be let-down after the first leg and have said sprog on your lap from Singapore to London

And I will never forgive the spotty dopey twot behind the counter that booked it. I hope the snivelling little dipshit is suffering from something long drawn-out and painful, out of the public service sector.

But I'm not bitter.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks FA! It's been a long time coming! I still don't believe we are going!
Hope to see you one day in Adelaide x
It certainly has - we have been here a year and we thought ours was a long and drawn out process!

We visited Perth last year, it's a shame you weren't there then
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Travel Agents ... Hmmm ...

A note to anyone Oz-bound looking to use Flight Centre ... don't ... if you:

1) Have a baby
2) If you want a basinette seat and be assured it's booked for all legs
3) If you don't want to be let-down after the first leg and have said sprog on your lap from Singapore to London

And I will never forgive the spotty dopey twot behind the counter that booked it. I hope the snivelling little dipshit is suffering from something long drawn-out and painful, out of the public service sector.

But I'm not bitter.
I agree. I don't like to incorporate anyone else into a booking procedure of any kind. If you keep your eyes open you can get just as good a deal direct with the airlines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.