Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Shappelle Corby and Channel 9

Shappelle Corby and Channel 9

Old Feb 13th 2014, 5:02 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shappelle Corby and Channel 9

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I think you'll find that many Be members and Australians watch these tabloid channels....the subject matter interests them enough somewhere....

otherwise why would they know anything about them?

Many people are over Schapelle...

Some of the made for tv dramas are fine....it's the only thing I will watch...I enjoyed INXS and Paper Giants....it's the soaps that are awful.
So.. let me get this right.

It's okay to watch 7, 9 and 10 if it's something that interests you but otherwise only bogans watch those channels?

Is that the gist of it?
Old Feb 13th 2014, 6:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

First Born was at work yesterday and a customer picked up a newspaper, looked at the Corby pic, looked at FB and told her she looked exactly like Corby! Customer behind whacked him on the head, told him that was a dreadful insult to FB and to get out of the shop. I was quite upset as well as confused, they look nothing alike thank god.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 6:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy

It's okay to watch 7, 9 and 10 if it's something that interests you but otherwise only bogans watch those channels?

Is that the gist of it?
Seems to be what he's saying

I have to sit through some of this tabloid tripe at work - if a colleague wants to watch it, I have no choice, it ends up on the TV. Thank goodness for ipods and earphones!
Old Feb 13th 2014, 7:51 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I have to sit through some of this tabloid tripe at work - if a colleague wants to watch it, I have no choice, it ends up on the TV. Thank goodness for ipods and earphones!
But aren't earphones at work unprofessional?

Oops, sorry. Wrong thread.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy

Is that the gist of it?
No: the idea is you pick something then turn it off.
I might watch the tabloid channels a few times a year.

As people have pointed out, there is rubbish: and you could watch wall to wall rubbish like Corby....

simple eh?
Old Feb 13th 2014, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

no...I made it clear I pick what I watch....I even attempted to counter the argument it is All rubbish or that Aussie dramas are rubbish....but never mind....
Old Feb 13th 2014, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
First Born was at work yesterday and a customer picked up a newspaper, looked at the Corby pic, looked at FB and told her she looked exactly like Corby! Customer behind whacked him on the head, told him that was a dreadful insult to FB and to get out of the shop. I was quite upset as well as confused, they look nothing alike thank god.
I could google a few pictures that show Corby to be rather easy on the eye....if she was not of 'Bogan' stock she would have been considered a beauty in her prime...even Bogans and convicts can be good looking...

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Feb 13th 2014 at 9:16 am.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 9:16 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I could google a few pictures that show Corby to be rather easy on the eye....if she was not of 'Bogan' stock she would have been considered a beauty in her prime...
What's a bogan?
What's 'in her prime'? Sounds like a cow being eyed up for a steak dinner.
Why is everyone talking about Corby?
Why am I talking about Corby?
<mutter mutter>
Old Feb 13th 2014, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
What's a bogan?
What's 'in her prime'? Sounds like a cow being eyed up for a steak dinner.
Why is everyone talking about Corby?
Why am I talking about Corby?
<mutter mutter>
Actually...it takes all sorts...I bet out of prison and relaxed and recovered Corby could still turn a few heads....she has good bone structure...

I was going to say this..but I have a little fan club who see the worst in anything and everything....!
Old Feb 13th 2014, 9:30 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're all very entertaining
Old Feb 13th 2014, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I think you're all very entertaining
I do my best....
Old Feb 13th 2014, 9:42 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

I could google a few pictures that show Corby to be rather easy on the eye....if she was not of 'Bogan' stock she would have been considered a beauty in her prime...even Bogans and convicts can be good looking...
Mate, that's so sad to hear......nothing good looking down your way....... I'd chew my arm off for even thinking that.....
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure she can or could scrub up ok (vast majority of women can even the butt ugly ones) however she looks nothing like my daughter and it's a major insult to say she does, especially when the photo was of her just out of prison.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Mate, that's so sad to hear......nothing good looking down your way....... I'd chew my arm off for even thinking that.....
ill have to find the photo of her that shows good bone structure...im thinking of one 10 years ago... she had a better start than some...most of us haven't seen recent photos...

there are far worse lookers than her who haven't been inside...
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

ill have to find the photo of her that shows good bone structure...im thinking of one 10 years ago... she had a better start than some...most of us haven't seen recent photos...

there are far worse lookers than her who haven't been inside...
I'm more interested in someone's moral fibre than their bone structure.. ....maybe that's unusual but thats just me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.