Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Shappelle Corby and Channel 9

Shappelle Corby and Channel 9

Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shappelle Corby and Channel 9

Originally Posted by GarryP
Three things to bear in mind.

First, Seven and Nine are fighting it out for top of the FTA pile

http://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/re...tworkshare.gif

Second, the usual, average IQ for a country is expected to be 100. Australia only scores 98 on average - and by definition half the country is dumber than that.

Third, abbott was elected, rather than jailed.

I trust this explain why a 'human interest' story on a bogan drug smuggler is more worthy of a special than, say, the end of all car manufacturing in Australia and what strategically should be done about it.

Is this Sunday or Monday night. The progranme I saw was Monday. Did Sunday feature more commercials than programme?

The Aussie car industry, like the British car industry, and the US car industry, should be put to bed with the same bolt gun used to destroy the giraffe.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:07 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That's why the whole Corby thing is annoying me. You aren't seeing the whole thing over there, obviously, but here she is headline news, on every channel, in every paper, people are discussing the case on every media website....its insane.
even the giraffe has more right to media attention, in my little humble opinion......

But then you consider the poor kids in places like Syria, and the youngsters setting fire to themselves to try and help their beloved Tibet, and you wonder, WTF are people even giving this drug dealer space in the their thoughts?
Obviously the Indonesians didn't think she was worth the cost of a bullet.....or the family paid the right people there off......
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I hear Corby's family get to keep the 5 million or whatever as long as its paid to them not her, so they avoid proceeds of crime law's.

Aus govt should seize it, I mean who paid for the legal fees, the australian consulate aid, the politicians flying out there to negotiate her release. The taxpayer paid the lot and this govt should recoup it.

Whole thing sends the wrong message, how many not very bright aussies are now thinking even if I get caught I will get rich.

Probably be 3 months before the next lot get caught and we pay the bill again.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Big fan of INXS - then and now - but could not bring myself to watch this. It would have meant watching Bogan TV - which I now avoid like the plague

Huge fan of INXS. So chanced it, lasted 10 minutes, it was so so bad. Switched off, it was insulting to such a great band.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I hear Corby's family get to keep the 5 million or whatever as long as its paid to them not her, so they avoid proceeds of crime law's.

Aus govt should seize it, I mean who paid for the legal fees, the australian consulate aid, the politicians flying out there to negotiate her release. The taxpayer paid the lot and this govt should recoup it.

Whole thing sends the wrong message, how many not very bright aussies are now thinking even if I get caught I will get rich.

Probably be 3 months before the next lot get caught and we pay the bill again.
Yeah. I met the mother via that TV show last. The mother was what prompted me to finally Axe the show. Do they actually make human beings like that? Is it a Brisbane thing?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 9:25 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I have no interest in Corby or INX (I'm deaf) thank goodness I have some good books!!
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yeah. I met the mother via that TV show last. The mother was what prompted me to finally Axe the show. Do they actually make human beings like that? Is it a Brisbane thing?
Bogans are australia wide unfortunately.

I wonder if any of this footage is being shown overseas, nice advert for Australia

Lets hope the Govt smacks the smiles off their faces soon. Would be funny if the Indonesian Govt makes a claim on the proceeds of crime
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:29 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Who is paying for her 'resort' accomodation at the moment?

It was said to cost $1000 per night, on the TV last night
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Grayling

Odd coincidence too that the Schapelle movie just happened to have been programmed ( weeks before allegedly ), bang on her release date.....
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:52 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

Probably Channel 7 - I understand they've signed an exclusive deal with the drug trafficker.

I wonder if Indonesia have any 'profiting from crime' laws? Would be hilarious if they did and any deal she makes violates her parole.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wonder if any of this footage is being shown overseas, nice advert for Australia

Lets hope the Govt smacks the smiles off their faces soon. Would be funny if the Indonesian Govt makes a claim on the proceeds of crime
Really? Not where I live
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:56 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Bogans were far more common in Victoria, Geelong was bogan central.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 10:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problem with Corby being paid for her story

She's done the crime
She's done the time
Her debt to society has been repaid

If someone wants to pay this silly woman $2m then more fool them. The sheep public watch this kind of shite, which drives advertising revenue, which makes the TV company richer. Who's the mugs?

Good luck to her I say
Old Feb 11th 2014, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have no problem with Corby being paid for her story

She's done the crime
She's done the time
Her debt to society has been repaid

If someone wants to pay this silly woman $2m then more fool them. The sheep public watch this kind of shite, which drives advertising revenue, which makes the TV company richer. Who's the mugs?

Good luck to her I say
Couldn't agree more
Old Feb 11th 2014, 12:04 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Big fan of INXS - then and now - but could not bring myself to watch this. It would have meant watching Bogan TV - which I now avoid like the plague
I make an exception for The Great British Bake-Off It's OK, really!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.