Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Selling Up and Moving

Selling Up and Moving

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Selling Up and Moving

.... Just had the estate agent round....

She is based in Canning Vale... Not this area...

So she looks round the house in 3.5 minutes

Shows us properties in the area that have sold in the last 6 months.... A 3x2, two attached units... A 4x2 on 200sqm less with an extension that didn't have council approval and has to be pulled down and a 4x1 2km away in a much LESS desirable area.....

Then she asks what we want for it..... We don't know.... She's the bloody expert.... She should tell us...

THEN... She bangs on about the Asian market, how she advertises in Hong Kong newspapers rather than Australian ...Hasn't she heard the mining industry is back peddling? Doesn't she KNOW house prices in perf are set to collapse with catastrophic consequences??? Doesn't she read the financial threads on BE FFS!

She reckons a local investor would rent this out long term for $1200 PER WEEK!!!!!! So we are looking at investment buyers... ($200+ per week for each king sized bedroom plus premium for "executive style accommodation"..this is Shokco mate.. Not bloody Soobiacka!

She wasn't even aware that this land is zoned as city centre and we can demolish this house and build 7 stories upwards..... Today if we like.... If we had the money... And somewhere else to live for a year

HOWEVER... She DID bring us a bottle of 10 year old Special Reserve Port (in a tin no less) ...to say "thank you" Bit better than the bottle of Black Tower/Blue Nun that shocko agents tend to rock up with....

Bottom line is.... She doesn't know the area, hasn't really done her homework and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise....

And that was the killer... I met my match... She didn't draw breath!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 4:51 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling Up and Moving

Originally Posted by eddie007

Shows us properties in the area that have sold in the last 6 months.... A 3x2, two attached units... A 4x2 on 200sqm less with an extension that didn't have council approval and has to be pulled down and a 4x1 2km away in a much LESS desirable area.....

Then she asks what we want for it..... We don't know.... She's the bloody expert.... She should tell us...

THEN... She bangs on about the Asian market, how she advertises in Hong Kong newspapers rather than Australian ...Hasn't she heard the mining industry is back peddling? Doesn't she KNOW house prices in perf are set to collapse with catastrophic consequences??? Doesn't she read the financial threads on BE FFS!

She reckons a local investor would rent this out long term for $1200 PER WEEK!!!!!! So we are looking at investment buyers... ($200+ per week for each king sized bedroom plus premium for "executive style accommodation"..this is Shokco mate.. Not bloody Soobiacka!

She wasn't even aware that this land is zoned as city centre and we can demolish this house and build 7 stories upwards..... Today if we like.... If we had the money... And somewhere else to live for a year

HOWEVER... She DID bring us a bottle of 10 year old Special Reserve Port (in a tin no less) ...to say "thank you" Bit better than the bottle of Black Tower/Blue Nun that shocko agents tend to rock up with....

Bottom line is.... She doesn't know the area, hasn't really done her homework and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise....

Well at least you got the port

Did she actually give you the valuation?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 4:59 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007

So estate agents bring bottles of booze when they do valuations? Hmmmm that gives me an excellent idea on how to start my collection
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
So estate agents bring bottles of booze when they do valuations? Hmmmm that gives me an excellent idea on how to start my collection
Reckon it was "re gifted" .... Estate agents don't go round giving $45 a pop bottle of port to potential house sellers do they

And no... She didn't actually get round to giving us a valuation.... She has to go away and think about it... Because it wasn't what she was expecting..... Inside or out... (must have taken the previous agents listing details straight off the net lol...that was a large extension, new kitchen, swimming pool, patio area and refurbishment earlier)
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Pennines49 is an unknown quantity at this point

Really selling up Eddie ?
To be near F Stanley ?
Looked hard at Willeton Rossmoyne for schools, but 650k for a shack , mortgaged to the hilt and no beach ?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pennines49
Really selling up Eddie ?
To be near F Stanley ?
Looked hard at Willeton Rossmoyne for schools, but 650k for a shack , mortgaged to the hilt and no beach ?
Mate, the property we are looking at (on Saturday) is inland ....

As for being near Fiona Stanly... Does NOT look at all likely... Which is a massive relief.. Coz who wants work there????? Rather work in the CBD any day...
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

louie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nice

Loved this post! Currently living in NE England (for 7 years) but looking to relocate back to Perth later in the year. Worked in Rockingham for 5 years! Have been looking at property on net around WilletTon area as grew up near by and was shocked with what you get for your money now! Might also have something to do with the exchange rate!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by louie13
Loved this post! Currently living in NE England (for 7 years) but looking to relocate back to Perth later in the year. Worked in Rockingham for 5 years! Have been looking at property on net around WilletTon area as grew up near by and was shocked with what you get for your money now! Might also have something to do with the exchange rate!
More bang for your buck down this way.... When did you last come to shocko? chances are you won't recognize it .... We have been here 5 1/2 years and it's changed massive even in that time.... Though the swinging pig is the same as always.... Haven't been to the pig in nearly a year, but I can still hear it on a Saturday night if the wind is in the right direction...

Where did you work???
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

louie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nice

Haven't been to 'shocko' itself much in the 7 years I have lived in the UK but have been back to Perth 3 times. I used to work at Kolbe Catholic College.... I would personally avoid the Swinging Pig as I have no doubt it would be full of ex-students!! My best friend and her hubby bough in Rivergums in Baldivis so they could get more for their money. I would happily live down there (I think!!) as beaches were lovely but will probably need to be closer to the Willetton area so I can use my mum and sister for child care!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Haven't been to 'shocko' itself much in the 7 years I have lived in the UK but have been back to Perth 3 times. I used to work at Kolbe Catholic College.... I would personally avoid the Swinging Pig as I have no doubt it would be full of ex-students!! My best friend and her hubby bough in Rivergums in Baldivis so they could get more for their money. I would happily live down there (I think!!) as beaches were lovely but will probably need to be closer to the Willetton area so I can use my mum and sister for child care!
Kolbe is about 8 minutes walk from our house.... Ours can't get in there coz we don't pray the "right" way... Which is a shame because hoppalong is now in the Ace program at shocko high and I would give my eye teeth to get her out of there... Shocko high that is...

I don't go to the pig because it's full of ex patients.... Used to work at RGH... Used to have abook running on Saturday nights as to which would send most "customers" to ED... The Pig, Vibe, or all the others combined
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

It was a lovely school when I worked there and I am sure it still is now... I would have had no hesitation sending my children there. 'Shocko High' didn't have the best reputation when I lived in Perth so I am not surprised. What year is your daughter in? What is the Ace program?

Another reason I like the Willetton area.... more choice of decent schools!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It was a lovely school when I worked there and I am sure it still is now... I would have had no hesitation sending my children there. 'Shocko High' didn't have the best reputation when I lived in Perth so I am not surprised. What year is your daughter in? What is the Ace program?

Another reason I like the Willetton area.... more choice of decent schools!
Ace program... Their gifted and talented program... She is 14, 15 in September...
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Any chance of getting a scholarship in a private school to do her TEE?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Any chance of getting a scholarship in a private school to do her TEE?
I don't think she is THAT bright