Reload this Page >

Rugby Union Practice in Melbourne

Rugby Union Practice in Melbourne

Old May 28th 2016, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Clarence22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rugby Union Practice in Melbourne

Hello everyone,
I will be moving to Melbourne this July to do my masters at RMIT and was looking to get involved in Rugby Union. I have played before but stopped playing at U16 and would like to get back into it but at a casual level, however RMIT doesnt have any Rugby Union.
Can anyone tell me if there are any clubs in Melbourne where I can join and train and play casually, as I will be studying and cant put the time I used to when playing in schhol . Im not exactly a novice but am looking for casual amateur play.

Thank you in advance
Clarence
Old May 28th 2016, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby Union Practice in Melbourne

Originally Posted by Clarence22
Hello everyone,
I will be moving to Melbourne this July to do my masters at RMIT and was looking to get involved in Rugby Union. I have played before but stopped playing at U16 and would like to get back into it but at a casual level, however RMIT doesnt have any Rugby Union.
Can anyone tell me if there are any clubs in Melbourne where I can join and train and play casually, as I will be studying and cant put the time I used to when playing in schhol . Im not exactly a novice but am looking for casual amateur play.

Thank you in advance
Clarence
What did you find when you put that through Google?
Old May 29th 2016, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Hi Beoz
Yer I have looked in the victoria rugby union page and seen they have a few divisions. Probably look into one of the Division 2B clubs and contact them for more information if they take amateur players.
However if anyone has any information it be much appreciated.
Old May 30th 2016, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Checked a few clubs but they seem to be quite far to my campus, anyone information would be quite valuable, quite keen on this.
Thanks
Old May 31st 2016, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Clarence22
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance
Clarence
I found this for RMIT rugby:
Want to play Rugby Sevens for RMIT? - RMIT University
Might be worth contacting the guy mentioned in the article.

I think a few of the Unis might play Rugby 7s. My son plays for Swinburne and a mate of his plays for Deakin.
Son doesn't have much time to put into it either - has to fit in between study, part time job and learning to fly.

Rugby is not that big down here in the Southern States. AFL reigns

HTH
Old Jun 1st 2016, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Hey Ozsheila,
Thank you for your reply! Yes I have already looked it into this and hope to contact them. However I am hoping to mainly play 15s.
Yer I heard AFL regins there, but really dont much about it.
I have been looking into a few clubs and contacted a few them and am awaiting a reply