Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

ROMFT & Rasen's recce - the story so far...

ROMFT & Rasen's recce - the story so far...

Old Apr 14th 2012, 5:46 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ROMFT & Rasen's recce - the story so far...

Originally Posted by Wendy
Glad you all enjoyed your visit, and hope that the move across is hassle free.

We will definitely have to do that cellar door tour when you get here
If yer hubby let's you
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
If yer hubby let's you
He will. He's not an arse like the last one
Old May 29th 2012, 4:41 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

It's oh so close

Well, I think it's time for an update. I'm on my sickbed at the moment so I have time now!! It's been a while since my last post and we have pretty much settled back into our routines.

Flights, accommodation and hire car are all booked for our return to Adelaide. We did that within days of our return!! We leave the UK on 24 August and after spending a couple of days in Singapore (yay!) we will land in Adelaide on 28 August. Looking forward to Singers and have quite a bit planned, including afternoon tea (for that read Singapore Sling!!) at Raffles.

But, before all that, we are coming up to, what I believe, is the biggest change for us, as ROMFT leaves the Royal Navy and comes home! Such a change for us all, and the kids are so excited to have him home properly. I'm looking forward to having some ME time!! Am planning a couple of exercise classes, swimming and cycling to work (eek!) Most of all, it will be nice to share the parenting; have someone to discuss issues with and not be wholly responsible. And someone to validate and question my decisions.

Not that ROMFT will be resting on his laurels. He is planning to be even more pro-active on the job front. There are a couple of potentials out there, including the RAN, which wouldn't be my first choice, but if needs must, then we will make the decision when the time comes.

Half term next week and MIL will be here for 10 days, so we will be having days out next week, visit my parents etc and we will hopefully be celebrating the Jubilee at a picnic in the village. Pimms O'clock!!

Then it will be the countdown to me leaving work, which, in all honesty, I am more than ready for now. I have enjoyed my time there, I will always be grateful to them for taking me on at a difficult time and the people are wonderful, but I am now getting to the point where I want to finish this chapter of our lives and start the next. Itchy pants, me!

Our final month in the UK will be a hectic one. A leaving party weekend, 10 days in Ireland, a weekend in Scotland and various other trips to visit family and friends. Our furniture is being packed up on the Monday and Tuesday before we leave, so we will also be spending time sorting out all our paraphenalia, especially the kids toys, and cleaning down any outside stuff - now is the time to invest in Jeyes Fluid!!

That's all for now folks.
Old May 29th 2012, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

It is a mad time, but I look back at ours with good memories. As long as you're realistic and have lists, it's fine. Enjoy your last few months, and all the partying!!
Old May 31st 2012, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Ah yes the Keyes fluid, think the smell is still on my hands!
Old May 31st 2012, 6:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy3
Ah yes the Keyes fluid, think the smell is still on my hands!
Ermm.. shouldn't that be Jeyes fluid.
Old May 31st 2012, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

On ya Rasen!

I've marked your card.
Old May 31st 2012, 4:38 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
On ya Rasen!

I've marked your card.
should I be worried?
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
should I be worried?
Nah.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
should I be worried?
You can sort Bernie out so I'm sure you can cope with Badge
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You can sort Bernie out so I'm sure you can cope with Badge
lol. I'm in full retreat! Anyone can cope with me.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:24 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

lol. I'm in full retreat! Anyone can cope with me.
Are you Italian

NO RETREAT NO SURRENDER !!!!!!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Are you Italian

NO RETREAT NO SURRENDER !!!!!!
It was good enough for 'Royal', mate...

Anyway, I was under the impression that you were tamed..and were colluding...
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It was good enough for 'Royal', mate...

Anyway, I was under the impression that you were tamed..and were colluding...
TAMED?!!! Dream on
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scrap my first post...hmm...misread the poster...(sorry Polly)

I'm glad that Bernie is still UNTAMED.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.