Rolf Harris

Old Jul 4th 2014, 6:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rolf Harris

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It's all rather unpleasant but is being dealt with through legal channels. Boiling your blood isn't going to achieve anything.
it'll make me feel better, If the government ever started a shoot on sight paedophile squad I'd gladly join. I personally would rat on my Dad in an instant if he did that sort of thing, guess I just can't understand why anyone wouldn't.

I don't get outraged about an awful lot, so don't begrudge me this

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jul 4th 2014 at 6:39 am.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 6:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
it'll make me feel better, If the government ever started a shoot on sight paedophile squad I'd gladly join. I personally would rat on my Dad in an instant if he did that sort of thing, guess I just can't understand why anyone wouldn't.

I don't get outraged about an awful lot, so don't begrudge me this
I don't begrudge you it, but I do ask you to consider - how do you KNOW you would instantly shop your dad, unless you have BEEN in that situation?
It may seem straightforward from the outside, but if you were caught up in the middle of it as part of a family? You can't judge till you've been there.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 6:51 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My heart goes out to her. One minute you have a life, parents you trust, a whole world you think is solid.
The next minute, wham. Gone. NOTHING will ever be the same again.

It will never be the same sgain for him either, but that's his own fault. The daughter? She committed no crime, the whole sorry mess has wrecked her life too, but through no fault of her own.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 6:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I don't begrudge you it, but I do ask you to consider - how do you KNOW you would instantly shop your dad, unless you have BEEN in that situation?
It may seem straightforward from the outside, but if you were caught up in the middle of it as part of a family? You can't judge till you've been there.
I know me, and I know I'd never forgive myself if I enabled him to carry on. To me, not doing anything to stop it would make me an accessory from that point onwards. Sorry if you don't see it as black and white but in this instance I do
Old Jul 4th 2014, 7:02 am
Home and Happy

Enabling him to carry on, and actually shopping him could be different. I do realise you see it differently from me....but its worth thinking about - how DO people cope when their whole world crumbles like that?
Old Jul 4th 2014, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I feel compelled to reiterate how much community standards have changed in amongst all of this.

I can't explain with the eloquence required to how differently this was all treated back in the 60's and 70's.... I almost feel like writing to Richard Neville of Oz magazine fame and Geoffery Robinson, as I feel they would do a much and probably a much needed better explanation of what has happened in the context of those times.

People seem to be missing degrees of seriousness in all of this painting a perpetrator of rape of a 2 year old in the same basket as fiddling around with a likely willing 14yo.... IE: Filthy low life Peodo.

I can confidentally say that if you were take a cross section of people from the 60's and much them up with people from the same demographics from now... Those in the 60's would be totally aghast that Homosexuals (or in their eyes from that time Adolescent ruiners) are ok in this generation, whereas blokes mucking around with forward young teenagers are castigated and vilified in public.

One incident I haven't properly studied, The 15 Aus victim in all of this, where were her guardians at the time of the incident, was she drinking in the same context as those around her, was she obviously 15 ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 4th 2014 at 7:08 am.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

So did I read correctly that he openly apologized to his daughters friends dad in a letter for doing things with the girl? And was the girl under or over aged at the time? And if this was the case, even if the girl was over aged, then he was still doing things with another woman outside the marriage, which any some cases enough for a wife to leave him anyway? Have I got this right? If so then it appears that Rolf could do anything and the wife would just take it.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I feel compelled to reiterate how much community standards have changed in amongst all of this.

I can't explain with the eloquence required to how differently this was all treated back in the 60's and 70's.... I almost feel like writing to Richard Neville of Oz magazine fame and Geoffery Robinson, as I feel they would do a much and probably a much needed better explanation of what has happened in the context of those times.

People seem to be missing degrees of seriousness in all of this painting a perpetrator of rape of a 2 year old in the same basket as fiddling around with a likely willing 14yo.... IE: Filthy low life Peodo.

I can confidentally say that if you were take a cross section of people from the 60's and much them up with people from the same demographics from now... Those in the 60's would be totally aghast that Homosexuals (or in their eyes from that time Adolescent ruiners) are ok in this generation, whereas blokes mucking around with forward young teenagers are castigated and vilified in public.

One incident I haven't properly studied, The 15 Aus victim in all of this, where were her guardians at the time of the incident, was she drinking in the same context as those around her, was she obviously 15 ?

I was around at that time and I agree that wives put up with infidelity, and blokes felt empowered to leer at and grope women at will.

Jimmy Page took his 14-year-old girlfriend on tour.

But if it was considered OK to grope 8-year-olds then why did Harris hide it?
Old Jul 4th 2014, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I was around at that time and I agree that wives put up with infidelity, and blokes felt empowered to leer at and grope women at will.

There is no excuse at all for the 8 yo in any way shape or form, even back in those times.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 8:34 am
Account Closed

If you go back to the 19th century, when pretty much they knew nothing of mental maturity, life expectancy was pretty low, and they knew no better than to have a low legal age (think it was 12-14, basically in line with menstruating) then there's no argument, it was how things were done. HOWEVER, the hetrosexual legal age has been 16 for about 130 years, not 40. I don't see that any of the 60's mob deflowering 14 year olds as some sort of sport have any excuse whatsoever. They abused their fame and the kids, Christ my daughter's 19, if a 40 year old made advances I'd punch his lights on the grounds of morality.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jul 4th 2014 at 8:38 am.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 8:41 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I think you're being very hard on her. You know this guy through TV. She's spent most of her life with him. It can't be easy to give that up. As I said, I think she needs counselling as her world must be in pieces.
You hear many stories after the event where the child HAS told her mother, but it has just been dismissed as 'fantasy' or just 'out and out lying' because she had been punished.
In the days all this took place, even the police didn't have the structures in place to deal with these complaints, and the complaints were often dismissed as fantasy by the kids, after all no celebrity would ever do these things. In the 60's and 70's celebrities were looked on as gods in many ways, and these kids were making up stories because of that. According to reports some of the children abused by Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith did complain to their parents and to the police, but these complaints were dismissed with the 'someone like him would never do that, he's too well known'.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Most people do not tell theiir spouses they have cheated
Old Jul 4th 2014, 9:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Most people do not tell theiir spouses they have cheated
He probably thought of it as a 'perk' of the job.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I thought this was funny !!
Attached Thumbnails Rolf Harris-10450971_764691116887347_4051235572098936379_n.jpg  
Old Jul 4th 2014, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

A lateral thought - what if Rolf, Jimmy and Stuart chose to commit their crimes in Thailand, would that be a case of out of sight out of mind? Thailand has 27 mill visitors a year and we should know that a decent % of this is males travelling singly or in groups (packs) with all sorts of perversions in mind including under age boys, girls and boy/girls. No offence to anyone who has visited Thailand legitimately. There are other destinations for perverts of course. Gary Glitter was a well known tourist to these parts and latterly chose Vietnam for minors; I guess he travelled by himself in a gang.

Bill Wyman dated Mandy Smith from the age of 13 but of course waited until she was 18 to marry and consummate the marriage - at least that's what the law and everyone believed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.