View Poll Results: Are estate agents all smug pieces of plop?
Yes, I hate them all
68.42%
Yes, specially the blokes, the women tend to by pretty foxy
23.68%
No, ours were totally honest and up front with us, had our interests at heart
7.89%
Oi, I'm an estate agent, get your hands off my beemer and pass me my hair gel
0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Real estate agents

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:22 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real estate agents

Yoghurt cocks the world over; they just want the sale in the bag, at any cost, to get to their monthly bonus.

At least in Oz you can see their faces plastered all over making it easier if you fancy taking a headshot from a grassy 'body corporate/sea glimpses' knoll.
Imagine if the crew at Foxtons were named and shamed on the back of the 43 bus! There'd be a massacre.

It's a buyers market so I'd definitely tit them around as much as you can. It may be especially fun to give them 'rationale' to which they won't have the brains to quip back - perhaps 'Hi Janelle/Cheyanne/ Leighton, I'm reconsidering my offer as I have concerns regarding the macroeconomic contagion of the Libyan impasse'.

Last edited by Turban Explorer; Mar 2nd 2011 at 9:33 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

No estate agents in here?? does that mean that DIAC thinks you're a slimy waste of space too??
Old May 1st 2011, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough, I am considering becoming a real estate agent. Having met a number of estate agents since we have been here, the majority made me think that I can do a much better job, especially since the market may be about to get tougher.
I would like to think it is possible to sell houses without some of the utter BS that goes on. One of my pet peeves is some of the garbage that gets written to describe the property in the adverts here. Anyone have any others?
Does anyone here know someone who works in real estate in Australia? I am interested in getting some more information about how agents get themselves started, particularly if it is entirely self funded, and whether most agents are on salary plus commission or commission only.