View Poll Results: Are estate agents all smug pieces of plop?
Yes, I hate them all
68.42%
Yes, specially the blokes, the women tend to by pretty foxy
23.68%
No, ours were totally honest and up front with us, had our interests at heart
7.89%
Oi, I'm an estate agent, get your hands off my beemer and pass me my hair gel
0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Real estate agents

Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Real estate agents

Are they all smarmy gits the world over? I have a real urge to punch them, how stoopid do they think people are??

This one said 'well you could get a pest and building inspection, but in the time it'd take you might lose the house' you may want to think about not getting one. Piss off you BMW driving spiky haired little turd, I told him that comments like that are making me think the house might not be in great condition, I'll think about it and get back to you. 3 missed calls later and he's trained I think, tool.

are they all smug twats or are there some genuine people work as estate agents too?
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real estate agents

You need to ask that question?????
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
You need to ask that question?????
Fair point
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:28 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

We managed to squeeze the building and pest inspection into the 3 day cooling off period. However next time I would probably just say "If I lose it was never meant to be".

Smarmy gits the world over but still above lawyers and accountants on my list of incompetent "professionals".
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:30 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

And thinking back to the time when we bought. 'Bree', why would you name your daughter after cheese?

Yeah! I know there is a Bree in Desperate Housewives but the question still stands.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rambi
We managed to squeeze the building and pest inspection into the 3 day cooling off period. However next time I would probably just say "If I lose it was never meant to be".

Smarmy gits the world over but still above lawyers and accountants on my list of incompetent "professionals".
It's the fact that they assume they are more intellegent than clients/potential buyers and try to bullshit them, we're still on for this house we've put an offer in for, but, I won't let a prick like this rush me.

And thinking back to the time when we bought. 'Bree', why would you name your daughter after cheese?

Yeah! I know there is a Bree in Desperate Housewives but the question still stands.
Perhaps she likes a bit of Danish Blue vein
Old Mar 1st 2011, 9:11 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

At last - a poll I can answer without even thinking about the wording!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 11:36 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
This one said 'well you could get a pest and building inspection, but in the time it'd take you might lose the house' you may want to think about not getting one.
What a tosser, like as if the Perth market was "red hot" at the moment. I'd have revised my offer down $5k for that.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 12:33 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
What a tosser, like as if the Perth market was "red hot" at the moment. I'd have revised my offer down $5k for that.
I would also report him to whoever is the RE governing body in WA. That's the sort of misleading stuff that would get him into trouble
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 12:45 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wol
At last - a poll I can answer without even thinking about the wording!
NOT YOU AGAIN!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 12:48 am

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Have to agree
Smarmy smug gits the lot of 'em
Easily spotted here in the sartorial vacuum that is Geelong: they're the only ones who wear suits and drive around in fancy 'European' cars.
Of course, they're barely literate like most Australians
The women are foxy though!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 1:00 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
The women are foxy though!
Are they highly 'sort after'?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by bcworld
Are they highly 'sort after'?
definately, and they comprise 'of' a firm arse, great pins and f78k me stilletos
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 1:27 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I actually really like the agent that is selling our house, hes a decent bloke, not pushy, but knows his stuff...

But theres one agent we keep seeing up in the hills where we are looking to buy and his voice is like nails scraping a black board. As soon as he open his mouth I want to punch him...
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

We managed to squeeze the building and pest inspection into the 3 day cooling off period.
we did that too, and it was over Christmas!!! Offer was accepted Christmas eve and we still managed to get all the inspections done by New Year's Eve

I can think of a couple around here who are called that too Maybe it is a prerequisite to working as a REA, have a really bleurgh name so people actually remember it?

We've always walked away from houses (and agents) requiring AN URGENT decision. My house, my life, my money. (well the bank's but who's squabbling?) I will take however long I want to think it over and if you don't like it, find another git to pay for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.