RBT positions

Old Mar 2nd 2018, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default RBT positions

Not sure if this is a Sydney thing but the police here always set up their RBT's in the same spots at the same time.

Sort of seems a little against purpose. You would think the element of surprise would be more effective. Or is it some requirement to dull the imagination?
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 10:42 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RBT positions

Dunno but I failed mine yesterday.

Apparently I sucked at the last minute.

Not for the first time.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Dunno but I failed mine yesterday.

Apparently I sucked at the last minute.

Not for the first time.
Does that actually work? I hear hyper ventilating is a good trick.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 3:35 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Does that actually work? I hear hyper ventilating is a good trick.
No, I had to do it again.

I’m blaming smoking for 20 odd years.

I had not had a drop officer.

Mr Policeman was also a Pom, first question was “Where in the UK are you from?”. I still have the accent then ...
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 5:57 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Having been stopped when I stink of alcohol from work, the look of disbelief on an officers face is good when the reading comes back 0.
A friend had the same happen, but the officer didn't believe the explanation and he had to sit there while another officer got a second unit and he had to do another test and even then he could hear them discussing whether or not he should go for a blood test.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 11:34 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this is a Sydney thing but the police here always set up their RBT's in the same spots at the same time.

Sort of seems a little against purpose. You would think the element of surprise would be more effective. Or is it some requirement to dull the imagination?

Yeah, they do - I think that OH&S means that they need to have a specific number of lanes available and somewhere to pull vehicles in to etc, which limits the available locations a lot.

It's pretty easy to avoid them in the Inner West - there's only a handful of locations. I notice that they have also started checking licences and glasses when they are doing RBTs as well. I also haven't had an MDT yet - despite all of the advertising that would suggest I should have by now.

S
Old Mar 4th 2018, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yeah, they do - I think that OH&S means that they need to have a specific number of lanes available and somewhere to pull vehicles in to etc, which limits the available locations a lot.

It's pretty easy to avoid them in the Inner West - there's only a handful of locations. I notice that they have also started checking licences and glasses when they are doing RBTs as well. I also haven't had an MDT yet - despite all of the advertising that would suggest I should have by now.

S
Not had a MDT either. I wonder if they do a bit of visual profiling before they pull out the tongue scraper.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I got stopped on Saturday afternoon for the first time in yearz. I was just worried I'd be late to drop girl child and friend at the train station and I'd have to drive them all the way to the showgrounds for their music festival. That would have seriously delayed my beer o'clock. But all went well and I was out of there very quickly.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 12:41 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
I got stopped on Saturday afternoon for the first time in yearz. I was just worried I'd be late to drop girl child and friend at the train station and I'd have to drive them all the way to the showgrounds for their music festival. That would have seriously delayed my beer o'clock. But all went well and I was out of there very quickly.

I don't mind getting stopped so much, it's more the fact that they always seem to do it at peak hour, which of course causes road chaos around the checkpoint...

S
Old Mar 5th 2018, 5:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I don't drink and drive but there are FB pages dedicated to distributing the the location of RBTs

Just saying
Old Mar 5th 2018, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kim67
Being a music festival and all, did they drug test you?
Old Mar 5th 2018, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I don't mind getting stopped so much, it's more the fact that they always seem to do it at peak hour, which of course causes road chaos around the checkpoint...

S
I have not seen one in peak hour in Sydney. Not in the eastern suburbs anyway. Where do you find those?
Old Mar 5th 2018, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Being a music festival and all, did they drug test you?
No. It was Goodlife for 13 to 17 year old kids.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 2:12 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I don't drink and drive but there are FB pages dedicated to distributing the the location of RBTs

Just saying
Yeh, it is kind of sad on many levels ...
Old Mar 5th 2018, 11:09 pm
has lost The Game

I have not seen one in peak hour in Sydney. Not in the eastern suburbs anyway. Where do you find those?

City Road into Broadway, Paramatta Road opposite the Coroners Court, The Crescent are usual peak points.

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.