Rachel Unthank

Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mudbug has a spectacular aura aboutMudbug has a spectacular aura aboutMudbug has a spectacular aura about
Default Rachel Unthank

I've become a huge fan of The Unthanks.

Previously called Rachel Unthank and the Winterset, they are an English folk group from Northumbria.

The new album is...can I say exquisite! Just love the voices.

http://www.rachelunthank.com/

They won a couple of major awards in the UK last year. And I know they toured Australia last year.

Any fans?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:25 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rachel Unthank

Originally Posted by Mudbug
I've become a huge fan of The Unthanks.

Previously called Rachel Unthank and the Winterset, they are an English folk group from Northumbria.

The new album is...can I say exquisite! Just love the voices.

http://www.rachelunthank.com/

They won a couple of major awards in the UK last year. And I know they toured Australia last year.

Any fans?
Never heard of them but will check them out.

PS - They look a bit like The Cors, on speed. Hopefully they don't sound like them.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:28 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Never heard of them but will check them out.

PS - They look a bit like The Cors, on speed. Hopefully they don't sound like them.
Oh my goodness.

I have a sudden urge to put my finger in my ear....

Not bad... interesting....
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you meant the Aussie Unthanks who migrated to the Mornington Peninsula a long time ago. There are places named after them and decendants living in the area still. Book about the family too.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Rachel live at WOMAD in NZ earlier this year and thought they were really good.