Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Port douglas, the Adventure!

Port douglas, the Adventure!

Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:34 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Port douglas, the Adventure!

Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:53 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

great photos soapy, looks lovely there
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penky
great photos soapy, looks lovely there
plenty more to add, just dont seem to have the time, but i will try over the next few days
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Hey cool photos, thanks Soapy! How I miss the reef!

Cool photo of the woman's silhouette against the sun too.

Thankyou,
xo.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 12:30 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Vegemite
Hey cool photos, thanks Soapy! How I miss the reef!

Cool photo of the woman's silhouette against the sun too.

Thankyou,
xo.
it was a lucky photos. paulines sister was just standing there and i took a snap, it was only later when i looked at it, that i thought how cool it looked.

more photos to come later too
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:08 am
Master of verbal pish©

We hired a little car to run around the port while we were there. Hunted the place for the best deal and got 5 days for $210 (they tried to deny this when I returned the car)
But they were arguing with the master of verbal pish lol
We like to have a car just in case we feel like exploring the area. We did take a drive to Mareeba, but I didn’t think much of it.

I spent my Birthday up there and was lavished with some welcomed pressies a lovely meal and a few beers.

We booked into an apartment in the Port for the weekend. The BE meet was on the Saturday and we didn’t want to arrive at Pauline’s sisters pished and wake the kids up.
Again, we hunted for a deal. Pauline’s sister had been trying to find us a place for a few weeks before we got there, but they were either too expensive or just pish.
So on the Friday we went round about 10 different places. The first place we looked at was the place above the courthouse (the pub we were all meeting at) the price was ok, but we thought we could do better. We had a look at the rooms at the central (stench of damp would knock you out). The next best deal turned out to be where bordy and his mrs were staying (didn’t find that out till later though). The next was the port Douglas motel (bix and snappy were staying there) it was a good deal but we couldn’t look at the rooms for an hour (bix later told us it smelt of cat pish, not sure if that was after he had been there lol). After looking for a few hours we returned to the first place we looked at. I thought it was about as nice as the place bordy was at and it was staggering distance from the pub (always a bonus with me). It wasn’t too dear either so we took it. Total bill was 352 bucks for the 2 nights.

Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:11 am
Master of verbal pish©

We woke early on the Saturday to get all dolled up for the meet, packed a few things for the weekend and headed off to the port. We booked in at 12 and nipped down to the main street for a ciggie, then Pauline told me that they guy offered to upgrade us for 30 bucks. So we ran back and swapped rooms. Just made it on time for the meet.

As usual the bordys were first at the pub, but they were on soft drinks (I think bordy was shitting it in case he made an arse of himself if he got too drunk (he was right lmao) it’s a bit strange meeting people at one of these things, but it was made easier because we bumped into bordy and his mrs a couple of days before. We had a couple of beers that day and within a few mins I knew they would be a great laugh. Its even stranger meeting the other half of “the poster”. You never know what they are going to be like. But mrs bordy was “aff her nut” and was up for a good laugh.
After slagging them both for drinking soft drinks, bordy shot to the bar lol

The day was on!
The drinking started at 12.30pm and we knew it would be a long one.
Bix was late as usual, but he had an excuse. Da boss was in a wheelchair and from that moment on bordy nicknamed her Ironside. I think Da Boss thought she might be let off because of her disability, no chance. That just made her an easy target.
Big Paul was on tow with bix (I don’t know his username) within seconds I knew he was up for a laugh. He is one of those guys you meet for the first time, but feel as if you’ve known him forever. Then rooksie and co arrived, they had been held up at the pass too. Wannabaussienurse just appeared out of nowhere, I cant remember when she arrived, but she sure knew where the bar was (she will kill me for that one). Im sure it was around the same time as snappy turned up with our special guest star “PR”
The drink was flowing and the patter was flowing quicker. Just about everyone was getting a slagging.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:15 am
Master of verbal pish©

Bordy pointed out to me that someone with a celtic top had passed. I was looking for him, but could see who he was talking about. Until Mrs Bordy point out that Bordy was colour blind, and the guy he was talking about was wearing a pink, purple, and grey top! I don’t think we let it drop all night. Bordy was starting to act strange, so I asked him what was up. He told me that he thought he had caught the dreaded expat meet disease. Heres a photo

We sat him in the corner for the rest of the night.

Bix had dressed for the occasion. He was sporting a t shirt only found at a local market. Im sure him and da boss had a few words over it. I don’t think there could have been any other t shirt in the world as perfect as the one bix turned out in. im sure there was nothing wrong with da boss, I think she used the wheelchair so she wouldn’t get sent to the bar. lol
Rooksie was a lot quieter that I thought she would be. It might be because we were all half pished by the time they got there. but she was dressed to the nines in my grannies curtains ( you can ask her if you like, im not kidding lol). I think Jed was a bit stunned by us at first, im sure he thought we were just a bunch of pissheads. Hes a clever guy that Jed, managing to get it right first time lol He soon settled in after a few bears
When snappy and PR turned up the patter was in full flow. At first I didn’t recognise PR, then I realised she didn’t have a glass in her hand. I knew she looked strange lmao
There was meant to be another few people there, but bix sent them to the wrong pub. They went to the courthouse in Cairns.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:20 am
Master of verbal pish©

After a few hours Ironside had to leave, she knew she wouldn’t last all day in that chair. Poor Paul was elected as her driver. He was just getting into the patter too.
To be honest he had better patter than me, so I was glad he was off. lmao
As soon as bix pushed ironside into the back of the van ( yip the poor lassie had to sit in the back of a van all the way home) he burst to life. He was like a jack in the box. And no matter how hard we tried to close that lid, we just couldn’t.
Rooksie and Jed had brought the girls and I think they thought better than to have the kids round a bunch of drunks too long and headed off. I didn’t get much of a chance to talk to them, I was too busy showing off and acting as if I was dead funny ( I wasn’t) Pauline kept reminding me not to shout lol
I will just have to wait until next time to really meet rooksie and Jed.

I was pished by this time, and bix or bordy weren’t much better. Bix had been to the bar and ordered about 20 drinks and got the order completely wrong. (im sure he will explain this to you all in his defence).
Pauline decided that I needed some sleep. We all left around 5. 30 agreeing to meet at 7.30pm. I didn’t have a problem getting to sleep as we had been up since 5am.
At 6.45 snappy called me, telling me they were waiting at the pub for us! The must have had a drive by shower lol
I decide not to start drinking until I had something to eat. Pauline reminded me that it was a good decision. I have never eaten so fast in my life lol
Most of the night is a blur, but I have some photos for you. I won’t name anyone, thats up to the people in the photos.
We were papped out of the pub at 12.30am. we were last out of the pub, something that didn’t surprise me lol

Last edited by soapy©; Aug 11th 2007 at 8:27 am.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:21 am
Master of verbal pish©

To say we had a good night is an understatement! I have never laughed so much in years. I cant put into words how much I enjoyed the company of the crowed we spent all day with. So I will leave it at that.
All I will say is……. If your invited to a meet and any of they guys that I have named are there……………..just make sure you don’t miss it. I wouldn’t for the world.
Pauline and I both thank you all for a wonderful day!

The next day we met up with the Bordys for a wee day oot. I will need to check with them to see if its ok to post photos though. I’ll be back lol

Last edited by soapy©; Aug 11th 2007 at 9:08 am.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:24 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Jasus soapy you look like a mad b'stard with them tools in your hand,wouldnt want to run into you in the cane field at night,can anybody hears banjo music ?????
Old Aug 12th 2007, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Bix you never flashed your belly at us.............I feel

releived.

ETA I just revealed you to the world, sorry, but I hasten to add that that isnt his wife touching him up.

Jo

Last edited by joho; Aug 12th 2007 at 3:33 am.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Jasus soapy you look like a mad b'stard with them tools in your hand,wouldnt want to run into you in the cane field at night,can anybody hears banjo music ?????
i get that a lot
Old Aug 12th 2007, 10:21 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
Port Douglas 2

Where do I start?

We flew up this time, so it wasn’t as much fun, but I did go to the shitter as I passed over biggys hoose.
Pauline took a pile of photos on the way in for anyone who is thinking of settling up that way. The photos are taken just as we were arriving into Cairns.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...7/DSC07166.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...2007/port1.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...2007/port2.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...2007/port3.jpg
ye konw its really weird you sayin that....we have been away and when we got back Mr Biggy said....gawd can you smell shite lol
Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:07 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by biggy
ye konw its really weird you sayin that....we have been away and when we got back Mr Biggy said....gawd can you smell shite lol
Direct hit then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.