Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Port douglas, the Adventure!

Port douglas, the Adventure!

Old Nov 13th 2006, 4:32 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Port douglas, the Adventure!

brill post soapy !! Wondered where you'd been hiding
i love reading these posts where i can 'lose myself' in your story!!! sounds like you had a fab time, although dont think i'd be branve enough to go on the flying wheelbarrow though :scared:

looking forward to more

fee x
Old Nov 13th 2006, 4:44 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
They were fabulous photos

Thanks for sharing it all with us, i really enjoyed it
your more than welcome, it makes a change from some of the pish i type
Old Nov 13th 2006, 4:45 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Nice post
cheers wendy, took me ages to do
Old Nov 13th 2006, 4:46 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
brill post soapy !! Wondered where you'd been hiding
i love reading these posts where i can 'lose myself' in your story!!! sounds like you had a fab time, although dont think i'd be branve enough to go on the flying wheelbarrow though :scared:

looking forward to more

fee x
auch yir a big fearty, it was magic !
once i wiped my arse u couldnt smell the shite unless u were standing right next to me
Old Nov 13th 2006, 5:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a fab trip Soapy. so where are the photos of you and Bix talking pish and
Old Nov 13th 2006, 5:23 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Looks like a fab trip Soapy. so where are the photos of you and Bix talking pish and
i had planned to catch up with bixie and da boss while i was threre, but when i saw how busy they were this week i decided to leave it till next time. they guys have a lot on their plate at the mo and the last thing they needed was having to fit us into their plans.
im sure they understood this after a few PMs between us.
but i still feel as if i missed out on something
Old Nov 13th 2006, 5:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
i had planned to catch up with bixie and da boss while i was threre, but when i saw how busy they were this week i decided to leave it till next time. they guys have a lot on their plate at the mo and the last thing they needed was having to fit us into their plans.
im sure they understood this after a few PMs between us.
that's a bummer but you're right. Spontaneity is a good thing, but better planning next time
Old Nov 13th 2006, 5:48 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by moneypen20
that's a bummer but you're right. Spontaneity is a good thing, but better planning next time
i know, i think i gave him about 2 hours warning lmao
Old Nov 13th 2006, 6:25 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
You did mate, the whole of Townsville
Old Nov 13th 2006, 6:26 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Port douglas, the Adventure!

Brilliant thread, soapy!

But you'd never get me up in one of those dodgy little micro-lites!

Here's a toast to your courage, you old bastard.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 6:29 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by The A Team
You did mate, the whole of Townsville
lmao, well i did stop for a bic mac and it was nearly empty
all i did was drive through it really, but i did see loads of big factorys
one day i will stop for more than a snack, might even buy a fish tea
Old Nov 13th 2006, 6:33 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Brilliant thread, soapy!

But you'd never get me up in one of those dodgy little micro-lites!

Here's a toast to your courage, you old bastard.

auch dont be scared, they can only crash
vash, im tellin ya, its worth it mate. they are the best way to see anywhere in Oz
im glad u are enjoying the thread mate
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:59 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by DebraH
sooooooo.....................
did you like Port Douglas?
So what did I think of Port Douglas?

Bit hard to put into words but I will try.
The first time I visited (nearly 2 years ago) I didn’t really know what to expect. My sis in law had tried to describe it to me, but I couldn’t really build up a mental picture.
I had an idea in my head that it would be surrounded by farms and it might have the odd shop dotted around.
How wrong I was!
Four mile beach is spectacular as u can see from my photos
It has a local market every week
The marina has a small but nice shopping centre
The main streets are busy with people day and night
Accommodation is fantastic; from huge complex sites to little B&BS (prices I’m not sure of though) bordy might be able to help with that.
You can buy fresh catch from the marina
All water sports are catered for locally
Tours to almost anywhere in far north Queensland
I didn’t use the local transport either, (busses or taxis) help needed with that?
Car hire is not over priced
The shops are slightly over priced though, and the “locals” ask for local prices
I found the “Locals” really friendly, strangers not as u pass and the shop assistants were overly nice.
All in all it left us with a good feeling.
Pauline’s sister and her man know everyone in Port Douglas; we couldn’t walk down the street without being stopped every few steps. With this in mind I’m not sure how friendly the “Locals” really are, but now and again we would take a trip into the port ourselves and everyone did seem friendly.
My only gripe about the ports is…….
There are far too many Gucci hand baggers all over the place. People out posing and checking to see if anyone’s watching them. It reminded me of Bondi Beach, but I suppose these people have to holiday too lol

The “Locals”----------funny thing is, most of them don’t come from Port Douglas and the do tend to turn their noses up at tourists lol
Just my opinion though!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:13 am
Master of verbal pish©

Part 2

Will fill you in as the week goes on.
the highlight will be meeting a few people on here. so look out for photos
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:53 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Can you try to get some snaps of the coconuts please Soapy ?

Last year a bloke told me there were some big ones down on 4 mile beach.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.