Pies

Old Sep 22nd 2014, 2:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pies

My favourite is the steak and kidney from Thirlmere pie shop in NSW, but there are some that come close, the one from Robertsons Famous pie shop at the top of the Macquarie pass is pretty damned good. The Kangaroo Valley pie shop claims to be the 'worlds best', this is completely untrue, and I frequently open the window and remind them of it whenever I drive past.

Freddos pies in Frederickton has a great name, however my choice to have the crocodile pie has probably forever spoilt the place for me, I'll have to go back there one way.

Jesters pies in WA were an eye opener, the stockman and nutty chook especially, very good quality for mass produced it has to be said

Pies, they're awesome
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 3:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pies

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
My favourite is the steak and kidney from Thirlmere pie shop in NSW, but there are some that come close, the one from Robertsons Famous pie shop at the top of the Macquarie pass is pretty damned good. The Kangaroo Valley pie shop claims to be the 'worlds best', this is completely untrue, and I frequently open the window and remind them of it whenever I drive past.

Freddos pies in Frederickton has a great name, however my choice to have the crocodile pie has probably forever spoilt the place for me, I'll have to go back there one way.

Jesters pies in WA were an eye opener, the stockman and nutty chook especially, very good quality for mass produced it has to be said

Pies, they're awesome
My favourite is the award winning Golden bakery in Perth CBD. About $4 a pie ($3 for sausage rolls) so pretty good value. Standouts are the chunky beef with sun dried tomato pie and the bacon and cheese sausage roll. It is run by very friendly Vietnamese ladies

Jesters are okay but I find them a bit overpriced
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 3:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
My favourite is the award winning Golden bakery in Perth CBD. About $4 a pie ($3 for sausage rolls) so pretty good value. Standouts are the chunky beef with sun dried tomato pie and the bacon and cheese sausage roll. It is run by very friendly Vietnamese ladies

Jesters are okay but I find them a bit overpriced
they're $6.50 in Wickham, thought that was just Pilbara prices, will have to give the Golden bakery a go next time I'm there. This Thirlmere place is also run by Vietnamese chicks, perhaps the Aussies aint all that in the pie department, more research required I reckon
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Beef pie from the Bourke st Bakery. Nicest I've ever had.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 3:56 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Pies, they're awesome

Steak & Kidney is the daddy of all pies, and seems very rare here. I must try this Thirlmere place and see what it is like.

I do find that lots of restaurants and pubs seem to confuse a stew in a pot with a pastry lid on with a Pie. This is most irritating, but altogether commonplace these days. A pie really must be completely encased in pastry to qualify, and also not be a pasty.

S
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Steak & Kidney is the daddy of all pies, and seems very rare here. I must try this Thirlmere place and see what it is like.

I do find that lots of restaurants and pubs seem to confuse a stew in a pot with a pastry lid on with a Pie. This is most irritating, but altogether commonplace these days. A pie really must be completely encased in pastry to qualify, and also not be a pasty.

S
What about Sheperds pie?
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:04 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
What about Sheperds pie?

That's a 'Tribute Pie' - A pie in concept, but not in actuality

S
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

That's a 'Tribute Pie' - A pie in concept, but not in actuality

S
Tribute pie sounds delicious.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:20 am
has lost The Game

Tribute pie sounds delicious.

Can certainly be delicious - just have to be careful, else things like quiche will sneak in and start being included as pies as well...

S
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Lemon meringue?
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:31 am
Account Closed

S
You speak the truth, stew with a lid, a ghastly way of doing things. I saw a bolegnese pie advertised in pie face at the airport yesterday, Iti pie???? Has the world gone mad? Robertsons do an egg bacon and tomatoe one, it's very nice n all but I get a pang of guilt when I think it's nothing more than a quiche in pie form. I usually follow it up with a Steak and Kidney one though
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:34 am
has lost The Game

Lemon meringue?

I think that sweet pies deserve different treatment.

You speak the truth, stew with a lid, a ghastly way of doing things. I saw a bolegnese pie advertised in pie face at the airport yesterday, Iti pie???? Has the world gone mad? Robertsons do an egg bacon and tomatoe one, it's very nice n all but I get a pang of guilt when I think it's nothing more than a quiche in pie form. I usually follow it up with a Steak and Kidney one though

I'm really really hungry now, with all this talk of pastry encrusted goodness...

S
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:43 am
Account Closed

Lemon meringue?
I think that sweet pies deserve different treatment. S
NIGEL!!!! stop right now, that's a tart not a pie, an egg white topped tart I tells thee
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

NIGEL!!!! stop right now, that's a tart not a pie, an egg white topped tart I tells thee
No, you're a tart.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:46 am
has lost The Game

Ah, a tart! Of course! Yes - good point. Like Jam Tarts. They are certainly not pies...

Apple Pies, are, obviously pies, though crumbles aren't...

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.