Pergola! :)

Old Jan 15th 2013, 2:21 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Pergola! :)

Finally got around to building a pergola over our veggie patch, with the help of my stepfather (who is far more practical than I am). Nothing special: just bog standard pine from Bunnings (not particularly straight!) a bit of paint, and some wire.

Got the structure up in 2 days. Third day was just tweaking stuffs and tidying up. Painting in 34°C heat wasn't much fun!

Pup was keen to have a go, so I gave her a few minutes with a brush and got her back into the house asap:

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Jan 15th 2013 at 2:26 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 2:22 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pergola! :)

Old Jan 15th 2013, 2:23 pm
Fighting my corner

I wanted to train some of our glory vine across the pergola so we could grow some more shade. I don't know how old it is (we bought this house in 2007) but I can tell you it took a lot of persuading to let go of the house!

I spent almost half a day cutting it off while taking care not to cause any damage.

Old Jan 15th 2013, 2:23 pm
Fighting my corner

Looked quite respectable by the time it was up:

Old Jan 15th 2013, 2:24 pm
Fighting my corner

Dumped leaf mulch on the veggie patch to smarten it up. Unfortunately the edges aren't square, so it doesn't line up with the pergola. But we can always rearrange it some time.

Old Jan 15th 2013, 3:21 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good but I think your dirt needs mowing
Old Jan 15th 2013, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

p awwwwwww.....reminds me of my friends place in the south of France... Theirs was a white single story with a pergola painted almost exactly the same shade.of blue.. Spent many wonderful hours kicking back drinking vino under that...

Made me tear up nit has
Old Jan 15th 2013, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly mad doing it in that heat, but it should provide some shade and looks good. Not much in the veggie patch tho- is it the heat? Everything in mine has gone to seed, despite the shade, so it is a bit bare atm also, apart from a courgette plant which has decided to grow there- too small as yet for any fruit off it. I am having a nice crop of gardener's delight tomatoes though- but I have to water up to 3 times a day!!
Old Jan 15th 2013, 9:22 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good Vash. That's a nice size yard you have. Do you mind me asking where you are? PM if you want
Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:10 am
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: Pergola! :)

Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by chris955
Looking good but I think your dirt needs mowing
I just can't keep it down! Front lawn still looks respectable, but I don't bother with the back during summer.

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Not much in the veggie patch tho- is it the heat?
No, we exhausted our last crop and the few remaining plants ran to seed so I dug most of them out. We didn't plant anything in winter or spring. I'll wait until summer is out of the way before I put anything else in the ground. Need to turn the soil over and give it some nutrients first.

Originally Posted by rasen78
Looking good Vash. That's a nice size yard you have. Do you mind me asking where you are? PM if you want
Playford.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:13 am
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: Pergola! :)

We made a hard cover for the spa as well:

It's strong enough to stand on. Too heavy for the pups to lift, but I'll be adding a hasp and a padlock just to be on the safe side.

Old Jan 16th 2013, 1:28 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

No no & no - these things are just creepy crawly magnets imo. I like things cut away with nothing for little critters to build webs from