20.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

In, or out

Old May 31st 2016, 4:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In, or out

Or indeed shake it all about.

I'm not sure I've ever witnessed a more deceitful referendum campaign from both sides. Impartial articles on the subject are like rocking horse shite. I've found one site that seems to be on the level, just wondering if anyone knows of anymore. I'm leaning towards out at the moment, but that may be gut feeling in the absence of indepth knowledge.

Leave/remain: the facts behind the claims – UK in a changing Europe

This is possibly the most monumentally important referendum I'll ever vote in, and I'd kind of like it to be informed
Old May 31st 2016, 4:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In, or out

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Or indeed shake it all about.

I'm not sure I've ever witnessed a more deceitful referendum campaign from both sides. Impartial articles on the subject are like rocking horse shite. I've found one site that seems to be on the level, just wondering if anyone knows of anymore. I'm leaning towards out at the moment, but that may be gut feeling in the absence of indepth knowledge.

Leave/remain: the facts behind the claims – UK in a changing Europe

This is possibly the most monumentally important referendum I'll ever vote in, and I'd kind of like it to be informed
UK should never have joined but it's too late to leave now, so i'm going with In

What a mess a once great nation has got itself into
Old May 31st 2016, 4:38 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Not voting because frankly, it's none of my business!
Old May 31st 2016, 4:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
UK should never have joined but it's too late to leave now, so i'm going with In

What a mess a once great nation has got itself into
It has rather, and I fear you may be right about being too late, one things for sure there'll be heaps of grudges coming out of this with a no vote

Originally Posted by bcworld
Not voting because frankly, it's none of my business!
I am because I can, strange I'm in the none of my business camp during general elections though, odd
Old May 31st 2016, 6:40 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

"Concious uncoupling" - or as it's otherwise known, staying in, but taking no notice of what the EU wants and progressively putting up firewalls for when the whole lot goes titsup (shake it all about).
Old May 31st 2016, 6:57 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Stay in the EU trading block. Don't throw the future away. Anyone of my Dad's generation (or anyone else) may vote to leave the EU. My Dad's generation (or anyone else) may well be dead in ten years time, that's after they have thrown away the future for everyone else.

I can't believe how short sighted the leave voters are being. The invoking of the second world war as a reason just makes me cringe.

My husband and I have our overseas voting papers. We have voted and I'm posting them back to our old local authority in the UK tomorrow.

Britain is going to look pretty bloody silly on it's own.

Last edited by Snap Shot; May 31st 2016 at 6:59 am. Reason: ward off the pedants
Old May 31st 2016, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Well if the banksters and financial bods moved to Frankfurt and London became less of a haven as a place to laundry money I would vote out.

Might even be able to afford a gaff again in Bayswater area W2. Who knows Londoners might again be able to live in their city.

The price of withdrawal will be huge. May even unravel the EU. Who knows? On a broader stroke not good for Britain though.

Still seems unclear just what the future will hold for the million plus Brit's living in EU. I read somewhere where hundreds are returning from Spain on a weekly basis.

All rather a mess I'm afraid.
Old May 31st 2016, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Stay in the EU trading block. Don't throw the future away. Anyone of my Dad's generation (or anyone else) may vote to leave the EU. My Dad's generation (or anyone else) may well be dead in ten years time, that's after they have thrown away the future for everyone else.

I can't believe how short sighted the leave voters are being. The invoking of the second world war as a reason just makes me cringe.

My husband and I have our overseas voting papers. We have voted and I'm posting them back to our old local authority in the UK tomorrow.

Britain is going to look pretty bloody silly on it's own.
In fairness Cameron invoked the 3rd world war as a reason to stay. I can't quite get to grips with the claim that the Remain argument is eminently sensible, but they're still resorting to scare tactics. Half of me thinks sod it let's do it.
Old May 31st 2016, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

The resources behind the remain campaign dwarf the leave. The leaflets we have all received at taxpayer expense, the constant bombardment with remain propoganda. It has been a very unfair fight. I have no doubt that remain will prevail. The whole thing is completely pointless.
Old May 31st 2016, 12:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I decided not to register simply because whilst it's not beyond the realms of possibility that I move back, at the current time I'm here and I honestly don't think I should have a right to vote on other people's lives. However everything I've read has just been hyperbole (although I did get some good advice from a couple of people).

Why both sides couldn't use their brains and produce a sensible, detailed but simply written report for and against. I know it's hard to detail points for the Leave lot as there's no real way of knowing exactly how things will pan out and how long it will take to change but more info would have been helpful.
Old May 31st 2016, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Out without a doubt!
Old May 31st 2016, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely in. The Brexit campaign are saying it's just mere scaremongering about the economic effects of leaving. Apparently they know better than the OECD, the G7, the governor of the Bank of England, Cameron, Osborne, Corbyn, new mayor of London etc and they've lined up the might of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and yesterday Ian Botham to tell the British public that all the above are wrong. Michael Gove was gushing that Britain could follow the lead of Albania and strike up all these free trade agreements once we are out. Yeah, right.

It basically comes down to whether you consider the economy or migration to be the greatest issue. The Brexit campaign of course do nothing but scaremonger about how the country will be over-run by refugees if we stay in the EU.
Old May 31st 2016, 2:34 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Without a doubt, leaving is the best for Britain in the short, medium and long term. My wife and I will be voting to leave. ....if/when our postal voting slips arrive.
Old May 31st 2016, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it would be wrong to leave and I don't see the benefits for UK citizens (especially working class). Personally it might be good for us in Ireland, as it would only mean more well paid jobs, especially financial services.
Old May 31st 2016, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
I think it would be wrong to leave and I don't see the benefits for UK citizens (especially working class). Personally it might be good for us in Ireland, as it would only mean more well paid jobs, especially financial services.
I want in as my children are bilingual which opens up employment opportunities.

Politically I sympathise with leaving but think it's a can of worms. Maybe too much in short term. Don't like the way the EU is going. Still think London would remain a fin centre. Some of the operational arguments I've heard give convincing arguments either way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.