Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ooh, Australia's always sunny and the beaches are beautiful.

Ooh, Australia's always sunny and the beaches are beautiful.

Old Jan 14th 2013, 9:37 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ooh, Australia's always sunny and the beaches are beautiful.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Krap is the technical term I believe but I'll live
Drink more cider......
Old Jan 14th 2013, 10:15 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
I hate this time of year.

Hate it.

Stinking hot weather. Aggressive hot and bothered people. Bushfires, cyclones, irukandji jellyfish, sharks, hot water out of the tap, dead garden, snakes, spiders, sweating stinking people, make up that runs down your face, mosquitoes, whirring fricking fans all night, blasting air conditioners that blow your newspaper across the room, soft chocolate, milk that's off before it's use by date, dustbowl lawns, burning hot steering wheels, going to bed hot and annoyed, waking up and it's still hot before you even get out of bed, people who say "ooh, Australia's always sunny and the beaches are beautiful."

I hate it.

It's the same every year.
Just get off the fence will ya?

PS all that bothers me too, apart from the make up bit obviously, and those weird jellyfish you mention.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 10:32 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
Just get off the fence will ya?

PS all that bothers me too, apart from the make up bit obviously, and those weird jellyfish you mention.
why obviously
Old Jan 14th 2013, 5:41 pm
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Where would you have to do that [/QUOTE]

http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/10...shire_in_2012/

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rX7wtNOkuHo

Last edited by Ballys; Jan 14th 2013 at 5:56 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
I hate this time of year.

Stinking hot weather. Aggressive hot and bothered people. Bushfires, cyclones, irukandji jellyfish, sharks, hot water out of the tap, dead garden, snakes, spiders, sweating stinking people, make up that runs down your face, mosquitoes, whirring fricking fans all night, blasting air conditioners that blow your newspaper across the room, soft chocolate, milk that's off before it's use by date, dustbowl lawns, burning hot steering wheels, going to bed hot and annoyed, waking up and it's still hot before you even get out of bed, people who say "ooh, Australia's always sunny and the beaches are beautiful."

I hate it.

It's the same every year.
Not a fan of beaches myself.
I don't like the scorchers but at least its only about 3 days at a time - with no humidity. Reading some of the responses it looks like people live in hell on a daily basis. Polly - I thought it was the dry winters that killed your skin. Is it also the summers...how the hell do you even have a life?

Originally Posted by fish.01
"cyclones", "irukandji jellyfish", "dead garden", "dustbowl lawns" in summer every year in your city?
I thought Brissy got summer rain. Here in Melbourne the grass yellows off anytime between Christmas and Feb if we have a hot spell. I've returned from Overseas and it was quite a sight - but it only has to rain to change it back.

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Well, however much I try to suppress it, that IS the image that I'll be thinking about overnight.
[It will save you bandwidth mate..
Old Jan 15th 2013, 3:19 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ballys
Where would you have to do that
http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/10...shire_in_2012/

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rX7wtNOkuHo[/QUOTE]

We would have had that much rain in one decent Brisbane storm
Old Jan 15th 2013, 7:49 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Not a fan of beaches myself.
I don't like the scorchers but at least its only about 3 days at a time - with no humidity. Reading some of the responses it looks like people live in hell on a daily basis. Polly - I thought it was the dry winters that killed your skin. Is it also the summers...how the hell do you even have a life?

I thought Brissy got summer rain. Here in Melbourne the grass yellows off anytime between Christmas and Feb if we have a hot spell. I've returned from Overseas and it was quite a sight - but it only has to rain to change it back.

[It will save you bandwidth mate..
We normally do get good rain in Summer, hasn't happened yet. The water truck drivers are working around the clock trying to supply those on tank water that just haven't had good rain since last May. We've had about 12mm of rain in the last 6 months.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 8:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
We normally do get good rain in Summer, hasn't happened yet. The water truck drivers are working around the clock trying to supply those on tank water that just haven't had good rain since last May. We've had about 12mm of rain in the last 6 months.
Monsoon trough is starting to look a bit more active now, might get some late next week with a bit of luck.....
Old Jan 15th 2013, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

well its NOT always sunny... I had to put a sheet over me last night I was SO cold

and the sky is full of menacing dark clouds this morning....
Old Jan 15th 2013, 11:23 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
well its NOT always sunny... I had to put a sheet over me last night I was SO cold

and the sky is full of menacing dark clouds this morning....
Sheet wimp.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
I haven't taken the duvet off the bed yet. Well I took the heavy half off but still have the 4.5 tog one on.