Olympics 2016

Old Aug 17th 2016, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympics 2016

Originally Posted by TGA
yes Britain are so embarassed, well maybe some where for about a nano second then they moved on. Will you be able to move on beoz? do you think you will be able to rebuild your life after after getting whooped by the
poms (again)?
Cheer up
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/b...f7bb?width=650
its the taking part that counts

But seriously, whay are the aussies such bad losers?
No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

2003 rugby word cup

Whinging Aussies are poor losers: Sri Lankan curator | Stuff.co.nz

Australia is a nation of the worst possible losers | The Roar

must be embarrassing to be the gold medal winners at whinging
I'm good. We've hit target, equalled last time. You need another 10 before you can say your trajectory is not downward.

BTW England are bad losers and winners. Unfort for Scotland and Wales, England drag Britain down. The world knows this. Not just Australia.

Last edited by Beoz; Aug 17th 2016 at 10:19 am.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 7:29 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Bitter much https://www.thesun.co.uk/2016/08/17/fury-as-sour-grapes-losers-from-france-germany-and-oz-snipe-at-gbs-all-conquering-cycling-heroes/
Old Aug 18th 2016, 8:01 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
BTW England are bad losers and winners.
You keep saying this, but I'm just not seeing it. Rather the brits are bemused by the success, and others are edging towards the snide comments....

World asks just how the Brits do it - BBC News

I'm assuming the Chinese will retake 2nd place by the end of this week anyway.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGA
If you happened to see Greg Rutherford's interviews with the BBC before and after the long jump final you'd probably vote for him in the sour grapes stakes if not the most arrogant competitor or the most disappointed at not winning gold. (To Phil Jones the day before) - 'I've only come here for one thing, the Gold, I'm the best jumper in the world, I'm going to win' etc. (To Phil Jones after the bronze, through tears and a stunned look) - 'I'm the best, I should have pulled out a jump to win it, I've been the best jumper this year, the one they called a foul would have won it (the one where he put a mark in the plasticine so it was a foul, he didn't go up and look at it).
Old Aug 18th 2016, 8:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
If you happened to see Greg Rutherford's interviews with the BBC before and after the long jump final you'd probably vote for him in the sour grapes stakes if not the most arrogant competitor or the most disappointed at not winning gold. (To Phil Jones the day before) - 'I've only come here for one thing, the Gold, I'm the best jumper in the world, I'm going to win' etc. (To Phil Jones after the bronze, through tears and a stunned look) - 'I'm the best, I should have pulled out a jump to win it, I've been the best jumper this year, the one they called a foul would have won it (the one where he put a mark in the plasticine so it was a foul, he didn't go up and look at it).
Yep, pretty much an A-grade wanker

Cavendish is up there too though
Old Aug 18th 2016, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Spot on. But remember, sour grapes is Aussies, disappointment is for Poms - so the Poms would like you to believe.

Us in the rest of the world know how it really works.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 5:18 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

GB's Jones retains taekwondo title - highlights and report

Read more on GB's Jones retains taekwondo title - highlights and report

Watch: Britain's Brownlee brothers claim triathlon gold & silver

GB's Mills and Clark win sailing gold - highlights & report

Old Aug 19th 2016, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Interesting stats have come out. There seems to be some parallels between many countries about the cost of each medal. Looks to be about 10-13 mill per medal. Australia at about 12 Mill.

Compared with other nations, the money Australia has thrown at the Games starts to look less crazy. Great Britain, for example, has spent $600 million on this Olympic cycle, in contrast to Australia’s $340 million. That’s $10.9 million per medal at the time of writing.

High Performance Sport NZ spent $163 million on this cycle — $11.6 million per medal.

The US spent $1.042 billion on the 2012 Games cycle. If they’ve spent the same (and it’s likely to be more) on Rio, their current figure would be $11 million per medal.

Moral of the story. More money, more medals.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if the pound has gained 5 cents in a few days ($1.67 to $1.72) because of events in Rio?

The performance by the Brownlee brothers in the triathlon and the stunning views of Rio was all epic stuff yesterday. Well done boys, Yorkshire first and second.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wonder if the pound has gained 5 cents in a few days ($1.67 to $1.72) because of events in Rio?

The performance by the Brownlee brothers in the triathlon and the stunning views of Rio was all epic stuff yesterday. Well done boys, Yorkshire first and second.
The Brownlee boys are amazing. I watched them live 4 years ago in London. Top of their game for a long time. Having done a few triathlons it aint an easy sport to be top of your game for so long. True sportsman.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 12:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

50km walk has to be the silliest 'sport' going.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Brownlee boys are amazing. I watched them live 4 years ago in London. Top of their game for a long time. Having done a few triathlons it aint an easy sport to be top of your game for so long. True sportsman.
Yes, probably the best all round performance of the Games - swimming, cycling and running and they do exceptionally well at all three. Hats off to them. Such nice unspoiled guys afterwards in their interviews with the BBC (c.f. for e.g. Rutherford)
Old Aug 19th 2016, 7:14 pm
TGA
Banned

Interesting stats have come out. There seems to be some parallels between many countries about the cost of each medal. Looks to be about 10-13 mill per medal. Australia at about 12 Mill.

Compared with other nations, the money Australia has thrown at the Games starts to look less crazy. Great Britain, for example, has spent $600 million on this Olympic cycle, in contrast to Australia’s $340 million. That’s $10.9 million per medal at the time of writing.

High Performance Sport NZ spent $163 million on this cycle — $11.6 million per medal.

The US spent $1.042 billion on the 2012 Games cycle. If they’ve spent the same (and it’s likely to be more) on Rio, their current figure would be $11 million per medal.

Moral of the story. More money, more medals.

desperate

loving this!!
Old Aug 20th 2016, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TGA
desperate

loving this!!
You exhibit a classic example of why the world hates Poms.

This is the vision the world has of sporting Poms. Are you shirtless, covered in chav tats, from behind the keyboard?
Old Aug 20th 2016, 4:25 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
50km walk has to be the silliest 'sport' going.
At least they have to actually walk 50km as fast as possible, even if they do look like John Cleese. Silliest has to go to rhythmic gymnastics - the only ball in sport should be kicked, and the only ribbon, broken by the winner of the race.

You exhibit a classic example of why the world hates Poms.

http://www.dw.com/image/0,,19324029_401,00.jpg

This is the vision the world has of sporting Poms. Are you shirtless, covered in chav tats, from behind the keyboard?
The baldy on the right is always how I imagine you ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.