Olympics 2016

Old Aug 8th 2016, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympics 2016

Anyway....

For those who really only watch the Olympics for the 100m men's sprint, set your alarm for 11:23am Monday 15 August AEST. $1.60 on Usain Bolt to win, $3 on Gatlin. Could be the easiest $0.60 you'll ever make.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Also $7.80 on a new world record.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Anyway....

For those who really only watch the Olympics for the 100m men's sprint, set your alarm for 11:23am Monday 15 August AEST. $1.60 on Usain Bolt to win, $3 on Gatlin. Could be the easiest $0.60 you'll ever make.
Frankly it's a joke that Gatlin can still run - he's been rubbed out twice for a total of 5 years already.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Frankly it's a joke that Gatlin can still run - he's been rubbed out twice for a total of 5 years already.
From my perspective if all runners are drug free and it's a great race then alls good with me.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

From my perspective if all runners are drug free and it's a great race then alls good with me.
'Drug free' - when they went back and tested 2008 Beijing and 2012 London samples a few months ago with 2016 technology (samples which were previously declared clear at the time) they found a lot of the 'clean' athletes were cheating. The cheats are ahead of the authorities unfortunately and many who win Rio medals will be cleared and years later found to have beaten the system. Tennis luckily, Sharapova's etc notwithstanding, has been relatively free of the scourge of drugs but the same can't be said for athletics, cycling etc (which is a shame for Bolt, Froome etc who excel and most people think 'what are they on').

Last edited by OzTennis; Aug 8th 2016 at 12:21 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 12:25 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Realistically we can be pretty certain that all russian athletes are drug cheats. Similarly, I doubt that there are many of the chinese team that aren't on drugs (there seems to be a national psyche that cheating is expected). And the US as well, win at all costs.

Put that together and you have to assume that the majority of medals are won by drug cheats.

So it's a competition of how well the doctors can arrange the drugs to avoid detection - the actual events are secondary.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
Realistically we can be pretty certain that all russian athletes are drug cheats. Similarly, I doubt that there are many of the chinese team that aren't on drugs (there seems to be a national psyche that cheating is expected). And the US as well, win at all costs.

Put that together and you have to assume that the majority of medals are won by drug cheats.

So it's a competition of how well the doctors can arrange the drugs to avoid detection - the actual events are secondary.
But of course all British and Aussie competitors are drug free and not competing on a level playing field. As a sage said to me down the street - the Olympics and Tour de France are ****ed forever.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 12:53 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

But of course all British and Aussie competitors are drug free and not competing on a level playing field. As a sage said to me down the street - the Olympics and Tour de France are ****ed forever.
Personally I'd expect that a good 80% of the competitors are drugs cheats - I was just pointing out the most obvious groups that everyone will assume are on drugs, and how that means the majority of medals must be won by cheats.

In theory you could fix it - but not by the testing they do.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
Personally I'd expect that a good 80% of the competitors are drugs cheats - I was just pointing out the most obvious groups that everyone will assume are on drugs, and how that means the majority of medals must be won by cheats.

In theory you could fix it - but not by the testing they do.
The testing is a PR exercise mainly and tries to convince the public that all is being done to catch the cheats. As with many things illegal the crooks can make more than the authorities can spend on detecting.

Lizzy Armitstead the British cyclist who was defending her gold won at London, should have been rubbed out for Rio after missing 3 drug tests. However she managed to get a ban overthrown on a technicality (protocol wasn't exactly followed on one of the 3 missed tests so she was allowed to compete as she'd only missed 2) but there was relief all round when she didn't win a medal at Rio. She trotted out the excuses last week - 'I missed one test because my phone was turned to silent, I missed one test because I didn't tick a box and enter details of my location and I had a family illness so I missed another'. Of course she's not definitely a doper by missing the tests but there's a good chance she is and it doesn't give the right impression.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

'Drug free' - when they went back and tested 2008 Beijing and 2012 London samples a few months ago with 2016 technology (samples which were previously declared clear at the time) they found a lot of the 'clean' athletes were cheating. The cheats are ahead of the authorities unfortunately and many who win Rio medals will be cleared and years later found to have beaten the system. Tennis luckily, Sharapova's etc notwithstanding, has been relatively free of the scourge of drugs but the same can't be said for athletics, cycling etc (which is a shame for Bolt, Froome etc who excel and most people think 'what are they on').
Gatlin is probably as clean as the cleanest at these Olympics as he would be doing far more testing.
Old Aug 9th 2016, 4:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome effort from the Aussie women's rugby sevens

Well done ladies
Old Aug 9th 2016, 6:36 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Awesome effort from the Aussie women's rugby sevens

Well done ladies
Been super impressed with the Rugby 7s overall... jeez, none of them take any prisoners.
Old Aug 9th 2016, 7:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Been super impressed with the Rugby 7s overall... jeez, none of them take any prisoners.
There are indeed some scary women playing that's for sure!
Old Aug 9th 2016, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gatlin is probably as clean as the cleanest at these Olympics as he would be doing far more testing.
What his teammate thinks:

Rio Olympics swimming gold medallist Lilly King lashes out at drug cheats including teammate Justin Gatlin

The point is he shouldn't be there.
Old Aug 9th 2016, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
There are indeed some scary women playing that's for sure!
We have a gym at our club and have many of the local ladies rugby team training there - both very impressive what they do and scary as well but good luck to them, they are very dedicated to their sport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.