Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

OH NO - Tampering with Only Fools and Horses

OH NO - Tampering with Only Fools and Horses

Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light
Default OH NO - Tampering with Only Fools and Horses

Dated as it might be, i still think Only fools and horses is probably the funniest long running sitcom to ever be produced out of the UK. Towards the end it ran out of steam but like a band that produce so many classic albums and then fall off the creative waggon in their twilight years, I didnt begrduge them a couple of crappy xmas specials.

But now, in the wake of slashed budgets and ideas running low the broadcasting stations are looking at their most successful shows and thinking, "How can we make more money out of these and turn onto a new generation of viewers who might find shows like OFAH dated.

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/tv/n...3210&GT1=61503

Here is news of Rodney Trotter AKA Nick Lyndhurst playing Rodney trotters dad in the prequal. It is doomed I tell you, doomed.

The amusing thing is, Sullivan describes Lyndhurst as a Comic genius. I couldnt disagree more, I think he is guilty for some of the most miserably awful middle class sitcoms to come out of blighty and hasnt made me laugh since he ran up the backstreets dressed as robin with del boy as batman in Only fools.

Glad David jason is leaving this one well alone.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OH NO - Tampering with Only Fools and Horses

I agree- Nicholas Lyndhurst could not act his way out of a paper bag.
Everything he is in , is painful to watch bar Only Fools and Horses...
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:21 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pomster
I agree- Nicholas Lyndhurst could not act his way out of a paper bag.
Everything he is in , is painful to watch bar Only Fools and Horses...
He really is a plonker. This time next year he'll be a millionaire though. Lovely jubbly!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I didnt like Fools & Horse after they hooked up with birds ie; Cassandra and whatesername. As long as they dont attempt an American version then all is good.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Personally, I didnt like Fools & Horse after they hooked up with birds ie; Cassandra and whatesername. As long as they dont attempt an American version then all is good.
I agree. Women are always stuffing things up. They should never leave the kitchen.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I agree. Women are always stuffing things up. They should never leave the kitchen.

Talk about fun police!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Talk about fun police!
Sorry. They can toggle between the kitchen and the bedroom then. As long as they are clean in one and filthy in the other.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kporte
Sorry. They can toggle between the kitchen and the bedroom then. As long as they are clean in one and filthy in the other.
Exactly. As it should be.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sherro
Dated as it might be, i still think Only fools and horses is probably the funniest long running sitcom to ever be produced out of the UK. Towards the end it ran out of steam but like a band that produce so many classic albums and then fall off the creative waggon in their twilight years, I didnt begrduge them a couple of crappy xmas specials.

But now, in the wake of slashed budgets and ideas running low the broadcasting stations are looking at their most successful shows and thinking, "How can we make more money out of these and turn onto a new generation of viewers who might find shows like OFAH dated.

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/tv/n...3210&GT1=61503

Here is news of Rodney Trotter AKA Nick Lyndhurst playing Rodney trotters dad in the prequal. It is doomed I tell you, doomed.

The amusing thing is, Sullivan describes Lyndhurst as a Comic genius. I couldnt disagree more, I think he is guilty for some of the most miserably awful middle class sitcoms to come out of blighty and hasnt made me laugh since he ran up the backstreets dressed as robin with del boy as batman in Only fools.

Glad David jason is leaving this one well alone.
I have to agree, OFAH in my opinion is the best comedy every made. I am a big fan of David Jason. The show was amazing not just because of David but all the characters together. They all made the show a hugh success. Nick is good but I am not sure he can pull off a show on his own. Loved Green Green Grass though!!! That was very funny! John Sullivan is a comic genius.....love him to bits.