Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Years Resolutions

New Years Resolutions

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 11:49 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Years Resolutions

Originally Posted by cresta57
The Pig & Whistle has become as exorbitant as that stinking shit hole that they call Gilhoolies, how do they stay open with raw sewage flowing across the pavement & charge like wounded bulls for mediocre ales.
That cosy little pub at central station sells pints of nine tales for a fiver
That station pub is great n they def do a good pint,Gilhoolies always was a shit pub
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 11:51 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
The Pig & Whistle has become as exorbitant as that stinking shit hole that they call Gilhoolies, how do they stay open with raw sewage flowing across the pavement & charge like wounded bulls for mediocre ales.
That cosy little pub at central station sells pints of nine tales for a fiver
Good call

I'm a fan of The Down Under Bar (a.k.a. The Backpackers) across the road for a true spit and sawdust dirt cheap experience.

No decent ale but it is cheap
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 11:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Good call

I'm a fan of The Down Under Bar (a.k.a. The Backpackers) across the road for a true spit and sawdust dirt cheap experience.

No decent ale but it is cheap
I do like that station pub, had a couple of good beers in there - and nearly missed trains because of it Haven't been in the Backpackers one for ages, you're right though, real spit n sawdust one that is. Tough to reach the bar cos your feet stick to the floor on the way
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Living in WA my definition of a decent pint, nowadays, is wet and alcoholic ...

Some times a pint of jamiesons really hits the spot though
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 11:55 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I do like that station pub, had a couple of good beers in there - and nearly missed trains because of it Haven't been in the Backpackers one for ages, you're right though, real spit n sawdust one that is. Tough to reach the bar cos your feet stick to the floor on the way
Surely you can just fly to the bar?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 11:56 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Surely you can just fly to the bar?
That pub is so dark I'd probably spear someone with me broomstick on the way through
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

That pub is so dark I'd probably spear someone with me broomstick on the way through
Sounds like a perfect excuse ... Manslaughter m'lord... She couldn't see the victim....
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:02 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed

They used to have 2 pool tables, now it's down to 1.

For shame, for shame.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:05 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by eddie007
Sounds like a perfect excuse ... Manslaughter m'lord... She couldn't see the victim....
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Were you aware that baileys has a best before date on it?

AND that they have Biscotti flavor

AND that there are only 13 standard drinks in a one litre bottle of it..

Should have finished it before the end of august... But I'm prepared to risk it... Any takers????
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 1:47 pm
Home and Happy

Were you aware that baileys has a best before date on it?

AND that they have Biscotti flavor

AND that there are only 13 standard drinks in a one litre bottle of it..

Should have finished it before the end of august... But I'm prepared to risk it... Any takers????
A best Before date? You think I can keep it THAT long?!! I like the Orange one, thats just luscious
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A best Before date? You think I can keep it THAT long?!! I like the Orange one, thats just luscious
Some one mentioned baileys earlier this evening... I rememberedvseeing one at the back of the top shelf... And here we are 6.5 standard drinks later...

Anyone got any gaviscon? hic... Burp..... Hic
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 1:59 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

So hands up .... who has broken their New Years Resolution already???
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sue
So hands up .... who has broken their New Years Resolution already???
Buggerit, was I unkind to ****wits already? When? how?

Or was it the dinner on the table at least four times a week?

Actually the original post said have sex at least four times a week... But I edited that... Too personal to share on here
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:33 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Buggerit, was I unkind to ****wits already? When? how?

Or was it the dinner on the table at least four times a week?

Actually the original post said have sex at least four times a week... But I edited that... Too personal to share on here
Well my sister said she was starting her diet and that only lasted 12 hours

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.