Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Kitchen - ball park price?

New Kitchen - ball park price?

Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:34 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Kitchen - ball park price?

I'm in the very early stages of thinking about replacing the kitchen in our house with something more modern. Not looking to go top of the range, but something nice, and def not cheap. Prob looking at stone benchtops and include a new oven.

We currently have 8 under bench cupboards. Does anyone who's been kitchen shopping recently have any idea what a general price range might be?

I know no one can give a realistic price without seeing our kitchen, but just a general range so I know how nice I need to be to my hubby would be good
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:09 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Kitchen - ball park price?

Don't we need to see a photo of your house first so we can judge how high the quote should be Quotes are always proportional to the value of your house.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by herrchook
I'm in the very early stages of thinking about replacing the kitchen in our house with something more modern. Not looking to go top of the range, but something nice, and def not cheap. Prob looking at stone benchtops and include a new oven.

We currently have 8 under bench cupboards. Does anyone who's been kitchen shopping recently have any idea what a general price range might be?

I know no one can give a realistic price without seeing our kitchen, but just a general range so I know how nice I need to be to my hubby would be good
I just had a quote to replace doors and fit a benchtop (or more exactly a granite veneer over the top of the existing benchtop) - came to $13k before you add in the cost of a new oven and sink plus the cost of an electrician and plumber.

I would guess a whole new kitchen would be more than that.

Currently have 9 under bench cupboards, 5 over bench cupboards, a larder style cupboard and a built in type area for microwave and oven.

Hope this helps
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:14 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louH
I just had a quote to replace doors and fit a benchtop (or more exactly a granite veneer over the top of the existing benchtop) - came to $13k before you add in the cost of a new oven and sink plus the cost of an electrician and plumber.

I would guess a whole new kitchen would be more than that.

Currently have 9 under bench cupboards, 5 over bench cupboards, a larder style cupboard and a built in type area for microwave and oven.

Hope this helps
If you want to replace the cupboard doors, any idea how you find out which manufacturer supplied the originals? In my kitchen the cupboard units are fine but the doors and side veneers are horrendous. I could do with a new counter too, but I'll take one thing at a time.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

louH;

if you want quality designed units in the kitchen expect to pay about $23,000 that includes soft close doors & drawers also includes all fixtures thats quality get from Germany.thats a decent design.

Granite tops say in total 6 x meters supplied & fitted about $4,000

appliances, dishwasher $1,400 stainless steel
fridge stainless steel 420 Ltr $1,500
Microwave 600 Watt Panasonic + trim kit for the kitchen $ 400.
wall over St George top of range domestic side opener $3.500
Gas cook top St George well designed $ 1,500
Butter fly fan with motor on roof $800.
Incinerator for veggies 0.5Hp $ 150
Power points & lighting Extra each power point should be no more than $100 each lights no more than $80.00 each.

plumbing.????

If your having Units above the bench tops then consider Neon lights under bench tops on separate switch, they look fantastic in the evening.

These prices are current, we are doing our own kitchen in 6 weeks time i shall be doing the electrical & plumbing myself except the gas.

I have done massive research into all this the pitfalls are massive if you don't learn it all.

If your in Melbourne i can supply more contact details of a decent kitchen designer & they also fir the units also make the Units NOT subcontracted out, its all good stuff, but its there for a long time

Arthur
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:12 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
louH;

if you want quality designed units in the kitchen expect to pay about $23,000 that includes soft close doors & drawers also includes all fixtures thats quality get from Germany.thats a decent design.

Granite tops say in total 6 x meters supplied & fitted about $4,000

appliances, dishwasher $1,400 stainless steel
fridge stainless steel 420 Ltr $1,500
Microwave 600 Watt Panasonic + trim kit for the kitchen $ 400.
wall over St George top of range domestic side opener $3.500
Gas cook top St George well designed $ 1,500
Butter fly fan with motor on roof $800.
Incinerator for veggies 0.5Hp $ 150
Power points & lighting Extra each power point should be no more than $100 each lights no more than $80.00 each.

plumbing.????

If your having Units above the bench tops then consider Neon lights under bench tops on separate switch, they look fantastic in the evening.

These prices are current, we are doing our own kitchen in 6 weeks time i shall be doing the electrical & plumbing myself except the gas.

I have done massive research into all this the pitfalls are massive if you don't learn it all.

If your in Melbourne i can supply more contact details of a decent kitchen designer & they also fir the units also make the Units NOT subcontracted out, its all good stuff, but its there for a long time

Arthur
So somewhere between $30K and $35k then?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

iamthecreaturefromuranus;

thats about right to be honest, ours is about $38,000 all up excluding electrical & plumbing, but please remember the kitchen we are having has been designed correctly + the best quality materials. in this price we are having Slump Glass splash backs installed.
have a look at this site.
http://www.classicglass.com.au/slumpglass

also this mob
http://www.celsiusglass.net.au/splashback.html
this is the mob we are actually using they do a massive range of splash back we are having a pattern in ours with a Titanum colour (Like a deep Silver).

its spectacular to say the least, so the $38,000 covers the entire kitchen.
If your in Victoria i can supply all details from Kitchen Designer, to Oven & Gas Top + Extractor Fan you will be pleased at the quality they provide, No Shit Just good gear.

We live in the south east subs Rowville & all suppliers are a max of 30 mins from us.

Arthur
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:41 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook

$15,000
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Siren & Brian;$15,000

in your dreams mate, you wont get high quality for that costings.also all appliances

Arthur
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:09 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

thats about right to be honest, ours is about $38,000 all up excluding electrical & plumbing, but please remember the kitchen we are having has been designed correctly + the best quality materials. in this price we are having Slump Glass splash backs installed.

also this mob
this is the mob we are actually using they do a massive range of splash back we are having a pattern in ours with a Titanum colour (Like a deep Silver).

If your in Victoria i can supply all details from Kitchen Designer, to Oven & Gas Top + Extractor Fan you will be pleased at the quality they provide, No Shit Just good gear.

We live in the south east subs Rowville & all suppliers are a max of 30 mins from us.

Arthur
Sounds about ball park... obviously depending on the kitchen size. I'm looking at about $25k with all appliances on top of that.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

also this mob

Arthur
Jeez $38k!!!

Ought to say then my $13k is based on an estimate to just make the kitchen acceptable. We have plans to sell our place so are doing an Andrew Winter style makeover!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

i wish you well in what your doing dont forget we are having top quality appliances
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:41 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Siren & Brian;$15,000

in your dreams mate, you wont get high quality for that costings.also all appliances

Arthur

The OP didnt want top of range and only an oven, not all appliances...
I have some idea on prices and fitting costs.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Siren & Brian;

if your in the south east subs & in need of any electrical work let me know i can quote for work for you

Arthur
Old Aug 13th 2009, 5:29 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

$38,000.... I never knew that a good kitchen cost that much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.