'Neknominate'

Old Feb 25th 2014, 9:40 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Neknominate'

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Binge drinking and the violence associated with it is a huge problem in OZ too.

But the medias current focus is the amount of men being killed by the "King Hit" while drunk of course.

Just different countries focusing on different catchphrases. The drinking and violence is just the same.
Yes I think it is another example of people not wanting it to be as bad. Thankfully this neknominate rubbish isnt rife anywhere.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 10:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The violence linked to alcohol is another thing that is over-hyped - by both the media and the police. Today Tonight and The Daily Mail want to shock and sell content, and the police don't want to fulfil their duties properly

This is true for both the UK and Australia

Flavour of the month with the media is the one punch situation. If you listen to them you would think that this is a totally new problem, when in actual fact has always been there - again overstated
Old Feb 25th 2014, 8:41 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

there was some stuff on the news about someone with a helicopter but I didn't pay much attention.

it's just a stupid I dare you game.

As with all such they are designed to cause trouble and humiliation.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 7:36 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

The only neknominates I have seen on FB are from UK peeps.
I haven't heard it mentioned here on a day to day basis but am aware it started here.

There is a big drinking culture in both countries but here in Newcastle, measures have been put into place to curb binge drinking violence. Because it has been proven to work, I believe the rest of the state will be following soon and I know the Qld government are also looking with interest.

It's things like having I.D scanned as you go into a club, no entry to clubs after 1.30am and no shots to be sold.
Apparently it's made a big difference and Newcastle certainly feels like a safe place to go out.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri

There is a big drinking culture in both countries but here in Newcastle, measures have been put into place to curb binge drinking violence. Because it has been proven to work, I believe the rest of the state will be following soon and I know the Qld government are also looking with interest.

That's good news, it's about time somebody did something about the binge drinking problem. It's ruining lives.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

I did see it in an Aussie online paper but it was part of an article about Nipnominate which featured three young ladies in a photo.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 10:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see the harm in it, in its original format, neck a pint, then nominate. If some tosser decides to neck a bottle of whiskey, he's destined for the Darwin awards surely. Some people are just born to die stupidly.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 10:39 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I don't see the harm in it, in its original format, neck a pint, then nominate. If some tosser decides to neck a bottle of whiskey, he's destined for the Darwin awards surely. Some people are just born to die stupidly.
I think it's the peer pressure being applied to youngsters who don't know better - and 10yr olds
Old Feb 28th 2014, 10:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I think it's the peer pressure being applied to youngsters who don't know better - and 10yr olds
You've got to ask yourself would these people have been stupid enough to do this without facebook, the answer is yes. Peer pressure for a 10 year old yes, but you have to question their upbringing, peer pressure for a 20 year old not so sure. All the social media is guilty of is giving these people a wider audience to die stupidly in front of.

That's enough deep and meaningful for one night from me
Old Feb 28th 2014, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NigelWaring
I did see it in an Aussie online paper but it was part of an article about Nipnominate which featured three young ladies in a photo.

If you think I'm taking part in that, you can think again pal!!

http://tab.co.uk/2014/02/14/nipnomin...-latest-craze/