'Neknominate'

Old Feb 23rd 2014, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'Neknominate'

What do you guys make of it? Do you think it's stupid or just a laugh?

This craze is making the headlines here almost daily, I'm surprised you guys in Australia haven't mentioned it yet, apparently it started in Australia, is it being mentioned in the news a lot over there?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ing-craze.html

I have to admit when my eldest told me the other day he had been 'nominated' my gut instinct told me to tell him ' You better not do that!' But then I remembered that I was dealing with a teen, a child who doesn't particularly like doing what his parents tell him...... So I thought better of it and said to him ( trying to be as cool and as calm as possible ) 'So, what are you going to do? Are you going to do it? ' He thought for a while and then said 'Nahhhh'.
I tried not to show my relief but I was glad he didn't feel peer pressured into doing it.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 8:03 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Neknominate'

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
What do you guys make of it? Do you think it's stupid or just a laugh?

This craze is making the headlines here almost daily, I'm surprised you guys in Australia haven't mentioned it yet, apparently it started in Australia, is it being mentioned in the news a lot over there?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ing-craze.html

I have to admit when my eldest told me the other day he had been 'nominated' my gut instinct told me to tell him ' You better not do that!' But then I remembered that I was dealing with a teen, a child who doesn't particularly like doing what his parents tell him...... So I thought better of it and said to him ( trying to be as cool and as calm as possible ) 'So, what are you going to do? Are you going to do it? ' He thought for a while and then said 'Nahhhh'.
I tried not to show my relief but I was glad he didn't feel peer pressured into doing it.
Had to look it up on wiki - it does say that although supposedly started in Perth is actually credited to Irish rugby player.

Can't say I've heard of it here - or there - but does seem to be credited with a number of deaths in UK - and one report was about a 10yr old taking part. Not a good thing in anyones book I wouldn't think
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Had to look it up on wiki - it does say that although supposedly started in Perth is actually credited to Irish rugby player.

Can't say I've heard of it here - or there - but does seem to be credited with a number of deaths in UK - and one report was about a 10yr old taking part. Not a good thing in anyones book I wouldn't think

Wow, so it's obviously not 'as big' in Australia as our media is making it out to be then.

Yep I saw the ten year old in the news too, if it's the same boy who was from Calderdale, that isn't too far away from me. 10 year old! I couldn't believe it!
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 8:19 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, so it's obviously not 'as big' in Australia as our media is making it out to be then.

Yep I saw the ten year old in the news too, if it's the same boy who was from Calderdale, that isn't too far away from me. 10 year old! I couldn't believe it!
There are issues with youngsters drinking though - and drunken violence - with stories in the news fairly regularly. I'm lucky in that young spark doesn't drink alcohol
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

There are issues with youngsters drinking though - and drunken violence - with stories in the news fairly regularly. I'm lucky in that young spark doesn't drink alcohol

Yeah, there's a lot of binge drinking that goes on with the young ones here in Britain too. Mine don't drink yet either. Thank God, I'll deal with that when it comes to it. What I try and do with my lads is not tell them they can't do things, otherwise I know damn well they'll just go out and do it.
I try and discuss things with them rationally. Keyword being try, it's not always that simple though.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I have only heard of it because I still read UK papers, never seen it mentioned in Australia. I might be wrong, because I don't have teenagers, but in general it doesnt seem to me like the drinking culture is quite as big here as in UK.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 11:24 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, never heard of it. I do live in Perth and have 2 teenage children and a teenage lodger but still have no idea what it is. I tried to click on the link but my computer at work doesn't like it. I did do a Wiki search but it doesn't sound like something I've seen on my kids' FB pages.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 11:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Tiddler said there was a 'report' on it on either TT or ACA, but it's fairly low key over here. I only know about it because of what she's told me. At the end of the day people do dumb things and encourage others to do dumb things, always have done, only difference now is that with social media more people can get involved quicker. However, it probably also gets 'uncool' quicker as well.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 6:22 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh an Irish Rugby player, say no more...........................................
Old Feb 24th 2014, 6:41 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Its not big here but there were a few stories in the media a week or so ago, its just Darwinism at work. The drinking culture is a big problem both here and in Australia.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly I think its just called Friday night here huge drinking culture. Especially teens
Old Feb 24th 2014, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hmmm, it's not good. I'm glad to hear it's not rife in Australia.

Soooo I wonder how many of you were drinking when you were teens?

I'm going to be honest here, I wasn't, BUT a lot of the people who I hung out with at school did and they did it badly!

My mid teens were in the 90's so for me it was all about house music, I got into the Rave Scene' and it just wasn't cool to drink alcohol ......

But I'm paying for it now, I slur after a glass of red, stagger about after 2 glasses and lose all sense, memory, morals after three glasses! .................but I like it!
Old Feb 24th 2014, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, it's not good. I'm glad to hear it's not rife in Australia.

Binge drinking and the violence associated with it is a huge problem in OZ too.

But the medias current focus is the amount of men being killed by the "King Hit" while drunk of course.

Just different countries focusing on different catchphrases. The drinking and violence is just the same.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 10:11 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't. I rarely drink now as well.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 10:27 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I did, from about 16. (Well, sixteen for going out and drinking, we would have wine/beer occasionally at home before that) I was a tall, well developed girl in a group of tall, well developed girls and we had no problems getting into clubs. I was a teenager in the mid 80s, so it was all about having a couple of pernod and blacks before the music started then we spent the rest of the night dancing. So long as I was home on the last bus and could have a coherent conversation with my mother, she didn't really seem to mind.

Never did binge drinking, I can't see the point of drinking to get drunk.

The boys also drank beer and wine in the home before they were 18 - I'm such a terrible mother. This should probably mean that they're all raving alcoholics, especially as Youngestchild has been a very proficient bartender since he was about 10.

Not true though - youngest doesn't like alcohol and eldest two will have an occasional beer or glass of wine if the mood takes them. Most of the slab of beer I bought for Christmas is still there! Bleeding lightweights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.